Sign in to follow this  
Jaynen

Need a good shop for a/c stuff on car

I think the compressor is going bad I hear a bad wobble/vibration noise when the AC is on in my car (2000 Jetta TDI) especially at idle. I know VW's can be a pain but I want to take it to someone knowledgeable and reasonable. Prefer north county but can go anywhere

Jay, try About Service. They did the AC in my last MH and do the service on all my cars and MH. I know the owner drive a Jetta also. I also had Ronny's do a AC system on my last-last MH and was good also. Both in Escondido.

if you feel like driving a bit theres the shop i work at in mission valley. we have a guy who really knows what hes doing. #619 280 3483

Usually a result of the bearings/races being worn within the clutch mechanism of the compressor. Depending on your compressor, you may be able to change out the bearings without replacing the whole compressor (without uninstalling the compressor, too). It may depend on your vehicle/compressor type.

Try to find a place that knows your vehicle or a/c, keep in mind most shops will probably be lazy and simply want you to buy a new compressor == $$.

Good luck...