Sign in to follow this  
Audible

Acerbis Handguards---help

I got a new set of Acerbis handguards to protect my hands, but when holding them up to the bike last night they don't seem to fit. :beach: The clutch/brake levers look like they will rub and the mount seems to be off. B) Has anyone installed these????? I have a 07 Husky TE450.

Thanks, Audible

This is type: Acerbis Rally Pro

Don't know anything about those, but Motoplastics USA has a set that is made just for your bike.

http://motoplasticsus.com/

Good prices and fast delivery. Check it out next time you need any plastics, levers, fork seals, etc. :beach:

I had the same trouble, but since I had already "trimmed" down my levers, (not exactly on purpose, but both the rounded ends were broken off on one of my various bike dismounts on the trail......so the guards fit just fine....)...I have the guards more to protect my levers, than my hands.. :beach:

which model guards do you have? i could not tell from the link.

i know on other bikes i have had to scoot the lever mounts inward. you know loosen the clamps and push the clutch perch and mastercylinder towards the center of the bars a bit.

The Acerbis RallyPro is the model I have. No cutting levers. I'll try moving the levers inward...if that does not work I'll be putting them in the classified section at 1/2 price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beach:

Where did you buy them that you can't return them? I buy stuff online from Rocky Mountain MC and they are very nice about their return policy. I'd think that most mail order and local places would let you return them if they don't work for you.

Hey DD. I got them directly from Acerbis "scratch and dent" dept., :beach: absolutely no damage, but also NO returns. They would probably fit many other brand/models.

The Acerbis RallyPro is the model I have. No cutting levers. I'll try moving the levers inward...if that does not work I'll be putting them in the classified section at 1/2 price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Or you could do as BikeSlut suggested and get shortly levers.

IMO Acerbis RallyPro are excellent and worth getting short levers for.

There are so many handle bar bends, how can any one guard fit them all perfectly? You may end up with the same problem with another brand.

The Acerbis RallyPro is the model I have. No cutting levers. I'll try moving the levers inward...if that does not work I'll be putting them in the classified section at 1/2 price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Or you could do as BikeSlut suggested and get shortly levers.

IMO Acerbis RallyPro are excellent and worth getting short levers for.

There are so many handle bar bends, how can any one guard fit them all perfectly? You may end up with the same problem with an other brand.

True :ph34r:

you can bend them,,,,done it many times, cant explain it ... just put the outside/end on hard surface and push down on the front longer section to get bend into the bent area to hold them out more. bent and rebent many of of the aluminum type ones (Acerbis brand) , now use only full wrap plastic ones for better flex

rallye pros are plastic i think, they have a metal insert at the contact of the bar but i think they are plastic.

your lever ends should NEVER stick out past the bar end anyways....that is how yo break levers easiest. and it can puncture the human body easier than a bar end covered with a grip can.

you can bend them,,,,done it many times, cant explain it ... just put the outside/end on hard surface and push down on the front longer section to get bend into the bent area to hold them out more. bent and rebent many of of the aluminum type ones (Acerbis brand) , now use only full wrap plastic ones for better flex

Did some bending this evening...looks like they might just work. :ph34r:

Thanks everyone. Audible

Did some bending this evening...looks like they might just work. :wub:

Thanks everyone. Audible

if it is a kind that has an aluminum bar thru the middle then they are bendable for sure, if the are all plastic you can bend them as well but a little heat might help....but not too much, blow dryer on high, or a heat gun on low and not too close to the plastic.

either way dont let your levers hang past the bar end with or without hand guards :ph34r: