TrophyHunter

Border Ride...Sunday.....IT'S ON!...

Excellent, I'm glad I asked.

Thank you for the clarification.

I have clearance form the Boss.

I AM IN!!!

I will not, however, be bringing my tape measure.

Also thinking of joining you guys.

I am in

Just took off the knoby last week -doh

geesh border patrol in gonna call in the national guard, thinking all of mexico is stampeding across when they pick up the rumble of thirty or so big bad ass sdar members :lol:

geesh border patrol in gonna call in the national guard, thinking all of mexico is stampeding across when they pick up the rumble of thirty or so big bad ass sdar members :lol:

:lol::lol: I was thinking the same thing this is getting to be quite a group...

Hmmmm, Bikeslut to the white courtesy phone for interpretation of intentionally vague and ambiguous posts. From the previous ride write-up, 2Wheels stated: "The boundary lines Google shows can be a few feet off. The border fence is about 3 feet inside the United States."

I still don't get it...

Cripes, participating in a hijack of my own thread. In the last write up, everyone wanted to ride thru the train tunnel and there was mucho discussion about if it came out in Mexico. As Shock mentioned, the above statement was made re would the tunnel actually end in Mexico or was it a few feet off on Google. Hence the need for the tape measure in ref to a passport.

A trip to Baja would be shorter than that explanation.

Hijack OFF

touche - gracias senor :lol:

ok so it looks like we are going to try this out but we are gonna have to leave at the bail point in barrett. and just to make sure we are going to be okay with my 40 mile range + 1/2 to 3/4 of a gallon in the pack?

ok so it looks like we are going to try this out but we are gonna have to leave at the bail point in barrett. and just to make sure we are going to be okay with my 40 mile range + 1/2 to 3/4 of a gallon in the pack?

Best I can figure, it's 27 miles from gas to Barrett Junction. 15 from there to Jamul (proper) where there's gas. I'll call Barrett today to see if they have gas. I will give you my 1/2 gallon in addition so it should be okay.

I am in

Doesn't that just figure. At least we'll finally get to compare bikes.

Water Crossing!!

I saw the last ride report--I might freek out on the water crossing with my big bike. Any way around it ?

If you're really that concerned about drowning your high dollar bike, there may be somebody else willing to do it for you

Seriously; better to stretch your comfort zone when you have 10 other riders to help you out, than when you're out there by yourself...

Ken, I wouldn't sweat the water crossing much. Our bikes are really stable and have a high air intake. You'll be fine.

Now me on the other hand . . .

Best I can figure, it's 27 miles from gas to Barrett Junction. 15 from there to Jamul (proper) where there's gas. I'll call Barrett today to see if they have gas. I will give you my 1/2 gallon in addition so it should be okay.

ok looks like we should be just fine then. see you all tomorrow morning!

ok looks like we should be just fine then. see you all tomorrow morning!

Called Barrett. Closest gas is Jamul. See ya in the AM!

Ken, I wouldn't sweat the water crossing much. Our bikes are really stable and have a high air intake. You'll be fine.

Now me on the other hand . . .

Hey, you're taller than I am! Your air intake is waaaaay up there compared to mine......oh, uh, yeah......

BS makes a good point Ken....& the bottom wasn't that bad last time.

Can't wait!

Did a tiny bit'o research on the tunnel- it's on the route the train museum takes to Tecate (why I didn't think of this, I'll never understand) but there's an interesting image :

tecate39.jpg

From a train ride report here.

Not only that WOW Huell Howser rode the train for a trip back to the US from a segment shot in Tecate. Do you know the Huell Howser drinking game? You take a shot every time Huell says WOW or refers to the cameraman" hey Louie, can you get a shot of this?".

main_Calgold.jpg

For those of us with radios, what freq will we be using for this ride?

Noob question - is there a default freq used for trail rides (I noticed 146.505 posted in a different ride thread)?

Glacias

I am in

The wore out knobby is going back on.!

For those of us with radios, what freq will we be using for this ride?

Noob question - is there a default freq used for trail rides (I noticed 146.505 posted in a different ride thread)?

Glacias

Yes, 146.505 is the one most of the club uses.

That is, if everyone had a license, and was to use the ham radio frequencies, they would use 146.505.

ju1431.JPG

REMEMBER to set your clock one hour FORWARD before retiring Saturday night.

Bumping this very important item.

Also, a big THANKS to Fakename for a route to follow from our previous ride.

Weather says sunny & about 70 for the ride. It'll be cool in the AM & PM for the slab portion.

don't worry about gas just bring a hose I will have 6 gallons in my tank, and by the way is it really day-light savings tonight?