From a friend of a friend of a friend, who raced in the Dakar..........

Hello everybody, I'm back in San Diego and it feels good to be home with my wife and kids.

here is a small story on my adventure I just came back from..

Doctor today did some Xray because the pain was excruciating and come to find out, on 7th day of the race, I broke two toes and metatarse in right foot. Now I understand why it was so tough to put the boot on in the a.m.!

Oh well... soft cast for two weeks....good thing is I lost 19lbs! and a pant size!

here are two more photo galleries of the event.

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/01/dakar_rally_2010.html

http://gallery.me.com/ludo.b#100390

tall to you soon.

Ludo

----------------------------------------------------------

Found link in the e-mail, missed it in original post..............missed link........HERE IT IS

This link above includes his interview, you must page down on the Motocross Page for Ludo's interview......

From a friend of a friend of a friend, who raced in the Dakar..........

Thanks for posting Rad and I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. The best, most amazing images are in the first of the two galleries.

great post

PS the injured rider Luca Manca is recovering well so far.

pic # 12 in 1st gallery, I thought the angle was wrong on the pic but I think it is correct, that is one long steep downhill that made gasp when I saw it.

Ludo is here in San Diego?? I had no idea.

It would be awesome if we could get him to give a little presentation about his experience. Nudge nudge.

Ludo is here in San Diego?? I had no idea.

It would be awesome if we could get him to give a little presentation about his experience. Nudge nudge.

We have my friend John Deykes who has done a few rallies, doing a presentation at the Desert Dash.

My friend Brett is going to talk to Ludo about a possible presentation for SDAR either at a club meeting in the future, or next year's Desert Dash.

great pics....I'd never be good enough to ride, but man, it would be awesome to get on a support team for a ride like this...cook, carry gear, gas, slean gear, whatever, etc....if anyone hears ever rides, I'll volunteer!