Yes Sir, please post date, time, location and point of contact for the Cleveland National Forest meeting.

If I'm not out of town, I would welcome the opportunity.

I like the idea of at least some trails one way but had not thought about the litigation issues, but I am sure I have read that some other USFS areas have one way trails, San Bernadino or somewhere in socal anyway. But that aside one problem with doing this in Corral Canyon is there really is not enough trails to make them one way (without having to link them using a lot of forestry roads), maybe with the new trails being cut it could be more applicable.

IMO many of the trails are quite safe (3/3A/4/5/7/8/9/11) wheras other are more dangerous (1/2/6/spur meadow/kernan) so I especially pay more attention on those, more so if I know there are other folks around, and I only ride there during week so there are less people out there. I am always concerned about mountain bikers, we can go up hill quite quick, they come down hill real fast, would like to see some trails (sections) downhill only for mountain bikers, maybe with seperate uphill route??

If I had a wish it would be to create a new ideally single track one way loop of > 1 mile, maybe with physical obstables that help enforce one way traffic but with clear signs etc. That would be nice however what we have now and what is being done through all your efforts is still very good and more importnatly moving in the right direction.

Dai

can this new trail be burned in without the use of cutting tools? manzanita is hard but cracks really (brittle) easy. Plus a few good runs through the trail course will clear brush quickly, no? Have not been to corral in long time, maybe its time again.

We want people to be able to see the route clearly enough so that they don't stray, and some of that wood, especially the burned stuff is really hard. Other unburned stuff is so thick, picking the right path could get confusing to some folks. I got a stick poked right through the plastic on my radiator shroud on the KDX last time we were out there. After the initial cutting, "riding" the trail in is the best option.

can this new trail be burned in without the use of cutting tools? manzanita is hard but cracks really (brittle) easy. Plus a few good runs through the trail course will clear brush quickly, no? Have not been to corral in long time, maybe its time again.

By 'burned in' I assume you mean riding it to burn in the track. Yes we can do that. The hard part will be keeping everyone on the same track in the open areas. It is supposed to be a single track trail. In 1 or 2 short sections it is still too dense to ride through at all.