Chief Gunner

Wow had a "Check yourself, before you wreck yoursef "momment

Coming home from work today I passed a guy on 2nd approaching the intersection of Greefield and 2nd. As I passed the guy on the right ( he was doing like 20 in a 35 zone and drifting over the line) I looked over and saw that he was driving with one hand and texting on the other.....when I rolled on the throttle to get past his dumb ass a car pulled out right in front of me from the right :D

So I swerve and and downshift and come to a semi abrupt stop at the red light light, idiot boy is now behind me.....then I feel the bike lurch forward a tad.... bumper kisses license plate frame.

I throw the bike in nuetral, get off and go straight for the drivers side door. I smack his window and yell "WTF", he's staring straight ahead and I pause for a second and look at the inside of the car... there's a little kid in a car seat in the back so I back up and off while telling myself "This is not right"

I just went back to the bike, hopped on and took off. All I can say is that something stopped me from getting into trouble. I hope it was a direct spiritual moment because I was ready to do some damage to that guy and his car for hitting me.

You guys be careful out there!

This one is only gonna cost me a new license plate frame (thank God). Lesson learned for me in this one is to not be too impatient in tight manuevering areas and to not let my emotions overpower sound thinking. :unsure:

i, for one, applaud your restraint...it shows you are a wiser man, good job :o

B)..but the other shoulder :unsure: wishes you shoved that phone...no no i don't mean that :D

P.S. oh yeah, glad you are safe at home!

should have left the bike right there and called the cops. doesn't mean he would have hung out long enough to get them there but it would have at least taught him a lesson and maybe saved that kids life. however i understand and applaud your restraint. to think that fool would put his child's life in danger by texting while driving is mind boggling to me.

Wow I don't know if I could have restrained myself... But I have to say I commend you for your higher thinking. Way to go Aaron. Glad to hear you are not injured or damaged by idiot boy.

PS your parts should be here tomorrow.

BC

Glad to hear you are not hurt. I see the texting drivers all the time, makes me crazy. Be careful out there folks.

I had an idiot driver on the phone almost run me over yesterday. I was on my way home from school, and I was going through the 7-11 parking lot, when I noticed a car turning the corner pretty fast for a parking lot, and sure enough, they kept going about 30 when they got to me, I swerved my bars inches away from scraping the gas pump, they didn't slow down or anything, and ended up hitting the car directly behind me.

I get off the bike, really pissed off, and guess who it is, my friend and his mom from school...I very calmly explained how much of a **** **** **** idiot they were, and then the driver of the car they hit got out and really let them have it...I asked them if they wanted me to stick around for a witness report, they said not to worry about it, so I left.

But man, there are ALOT of idiots out there...HANG UP THE PHONE AND DRIVE.

I can't wait for the day that I see a rider texting... :blink:

Aaron, glad to hear you rode away safe and sound with no worse than a scratch. <_<

Last year my truck was hit twice, 1) by a dumb chick on a cell phone, 2) by some k00k texting on his PDA. If I had been on a moto in either event I would now be in a wheelchair if not dead. I don't ride my motos on the street much anymore. :unsure:

With all this great technical innovation (planned obsolescence) and gadgetry it's only gonna get worse as technology merges with fashion.

should have left the bike right there and called the cops. doesn't mean he would have hung out long enough to get them there but it would have at least taught him a lesson and maybe saved that kids life. however i understand and applaud your restraint. to think that fool would put his child's life in danger by texting while driving is mind boggling to me.

+1 on that

Not much in this world pisses me off more than this.

Glad you're OK