My race club (OTB) will be holding it's annual October race on 10/18 So put it on your calender. If you want to race, help with a check point, or just come down to socialize and ride around a bit let me know. I'll be heading down there Friday morning and camping through the weekend. :)

I will try to make it out and help with a check point.

Rob, let me know if you are going, and if you will be bringing the family out. Maddy got a quad for her b-day, so she will be anxious to go.

Duane, what kind of beer do you prefer, I owe you a few.

Ken

OK about a month away. Anyone else plan to come on down, race, spectate, work a check? Day ride or stay the weekend? I plan to head down on Thursday to help set-up the course and do some play riding. I'll probablly run the course and take a run over to Occotillo wells on Saturday. :ph34r:

MDR Superstition 250 in Plaster City is on the 17th, and this is on the 18th. I am gonna make plans to be there since I don't think I'll be able to afford to do Bishop after all the OTHER things on my plate in the next couple weeks. How can I help?

tree, briana and I will be out there. Dan asked me to help with the race and "get some dualsport guys out there to help out". I worked both the night races and was planning on racing in the rest of the races this season. But if OTB is short handed, I don't mind working this race and do a throw out. Member JBW swept the last race with me, he may be interested in coming out and sweeping or checking. (sorry to volunteer you Josh).

briana is signed up and running the rattle snake chase on the 27th of this month for her first desert race. Hopefully she'll run the OTB race too.

I would be glad to help out if I have free time that weekend.

Josh

MDR Superstition 250 in Plaster City is on the 17th, and this is on the 18th. I am gonna make plans to be there since I don't think I'll be able to afford to do Bishop after all the OTHER things on my plate in the next couple weeks. How can I help?

There are many ways to help. Depends on when you plan to show and what interests you. We usually work a check point during the race. If you are there early enough (Thursday/Friday) you can help set up the course. You can run sweep after the race to make sure nobody is hurt or broken down. You can run the course on Saturday to make sure all the markings are good. You can be a spot checker making sure nobody is cutting the course.

Brad- Hopefully we will get enough volunteers so it won't matter that your racing but all the club members will probablly be working the race so you and Brianna will be on your own for pit support.

My race club (OTB) will be holding it's annual October race on 10/18 So put it on your calender. If you want to race, help with a check point, or just come down to socialize and ride around a bit let me know. I'll be heading down there Friday morning and camping through the weekend. :lol:

Is this at Plaster city (east or west) or Superstition. Perhaps I can save myself 30 miles of dirt road this time if I find out in advance. :lol:

Ok the race is a week away. Who is a definite or maybe to be out there. I have been assigned check #1 so we get to be part of the action right from the start. The first loop is usually pretty exciting with everyone battling to be at the check first. We will be at superstition on pole line road off wheeler to the right towards jar head hill. After thursday there should be arrows pointing the way. I usually get cell reception there and my contact info is in the members section or you can PM me for it. I'll be there Thursday in a light/dark tan winnebego motor home with my KTM #113s.

I am planning on being out there Friday evening with the family. Duane what is your beer preference (I owe you a few)?

......Who is a definite or maybe to be out there?.....

Hmmmmmm.....not definite.........not maybe........but a "Definite Maybe" :lol:;) ........Trying to talk Kathy into heading out for our first trip of the year.......I'll post up again if I can talk her into it.....

Do you have a waypoint for Jar Head Hill? Is that the split in the bluff that everyone funnels through after the start?

tree, hows the volunteer count? I really want to race and keep my points up, but I want to help the club too. I owe it to everyone for all the pit support. Let me know how its looking.

Jar head hill is the man made dirt hill they made for the movie jarhead. It had a chain link fence around it, but over the years I think it's been knocked over. It's just in from the poleline. I don't have a waypoint for it.

Brad- Volunteers usually sign-up by the weekend. We usually get enough to cover everything. If the race makes a difference in points go ahead and race it. There are other ways you could help out and still race. It depends on when you plan to arrive. Think about working a check at our race in January.

Ken- I like a various beers- like corona, a hefeweizen, newcastle, stella, guinness, etc.

Jar head hill is the man made dirt hill they made for the movie jarhead. It had a chain link fence around it, but over the years I think it's been knocked over. It's just in from the poleline. I don't have a waypoint for it.

Brad- Volunteers usually sign-up by the weekend. We usually get enough to cover everything. If the race makes a difference in points go ahead and race it. There are other ways you could help out and still race. It depends on when you plan to arrive. Think about working a check at our race in January.

Ken- I like a various beers- like corona, a hefeweizen, newcastle, stella, guinness, etc.

thanks duane, I will go ahead and race. And I will work the memorial race. I'll come out on saturday and see if there is anything I can do though.

We've got it covered Brad, just enjoy yourself racing. I have always thought this to be a very fun course, too bad I never get to race it!

Don't look for the motorhome. Since none of my family are going I'm roughing it and taking the truck with the truck bed tent. look for the tan toyota tundra and KTM 113s.

......Who is a definite or maybe to be out there?.....

Hmmmmmm.....not definite.........not maybe........but a "Definite Maybe" <_<B) ........Trying to talk Kathy into heading out for our first trip of the year.......I'll post up again if I can talk her into it.....

No dice, we're out.......

Sitting in camp watching the sun come up. Joliet is here. Plan to run the race course in about 45 mins. Then a blue in trip at about 10am. If anybody is looking to ride get down here.

Thanks to Ken and Josh for helping with the check point. The race went great and everyone seemed to like the course. Brad and Brianna kicked ass in the race good job guys way to go.

The race went great and everyone seemed to like the course.

I raced Sunday...the course was FAST! Can't wait to see the results/pictures :ph34r:

I raced Sunday...the course was FAST! Can't wait to see the results/pictures :ph34r:

What number were you? I was working check 1. Ken

I think I was right next to you and your buddy on the start. You were P10 or something right? I was behind you guys going into the first canyons for a bit. Your buddy fell or stalled and I passed him and then I hit a berm and stalled out and lost you. Dust was a problem on lap 1. By lap 2 and 3 it had spread out enough I got on the gas pretty good.

Briana ran a nice steady race and won the ladies class.

Pictures should be good crossing pole line road out in the lake bed.

Great race, thanks Tree \ John for putting it on and ken and josh for helping!