Hey guys, my schedule for aug is wide open and I would like to take a trip south to baja see the sights maybe get to cabo and work the way back. I have very limited expierence in mexico. I would like to team up with someone who has been before and see who else is interested. Open to suggestions and advice. Thanks, DRZrider

Hey guys, my schedule for aug is wide open and I would like to take a trip south to baja see the sights maybe get to cabo and work the way back. I have very limited expierence in mexico. I would like to team up with someone who has been before and see who else is interested. Open to suggestions and advice. Thanks, DRZrider

That's a 2,000 mile trip minimum (roundtrip)......better have plenty of time to spare and a strong ass/stomach..... :rolleyes::)

I'd love to do that trip. Take about a month. I would want to ride a couple days, sit on the beach a couple days, ride, sit, you get the picture!

I dont think I would do it with out chase support though.

If you don't have much baja experience I would highly recommend a tour first.

Bajabounmoto.com does two tours a year to Cabo. 10 days 9 nights I think. First class accomodations. Secret trails, etc...

At least check it out.

If you don't have much baja experience I would highly recommend a tour first.

Bajabounmoto.com does two tours a year to Cabo. 10 days 9 nights I think. First class accomodations. Secret trails, etc...

At least check it out.

You mean http://www.bajaboundmoto.com/ right? :ph34r:

ooops. Yes, thank you for the correction.

I talked to Tim Morton's wife last week about hiring Tim as a tour guide for a two day trip with a smaller group of riders. If anyone is interested send me a PM or call me. We can discuss splitting costs and trying to get him on an off-week. Certain times of the summer are slower and more flexible for them because the weather is nice in other places. http://www.bajaboundmoto.com/

Paul

I just spent 4 days with Tim and crew on The Beach Bash. He is a cool dude and knows the area well. I am interested in the ride to Cabo as well. Send me what you have. Russ

what would something like 2 or 3 days cost? Anybody ever received a quote from Baja Bound?

what would something like 2 or 3 days cost? Anybody ever received a quote from Baja Bound?

It cost us a big bar tab.....but that's because it was Rohan's 21st Birthday!!! :lol:

If I was bombing all the way to Cabo I might want to go "supported"........but no guide service necessary for a short "taste of Baja" trip......we'll go again.......maybe just a little spin down to Mike's and back.......hop on board next time.......

I probably dropped about ~$400 on our trip to San Felipe :):huh::ph34r:

Lodging

Thursday night - Rancho Santa Veronica - ~$35pp

Friday night - El Cortez - ~$45pp

Sat night - Mike's - $60pp (includes dinner on night of arrival and breakfast the following morning)

Gas/food/booze..... ~$260 :blink:

It cost us a big bar tab.....but that's because it was Rohan's 21st Birthday!!! :ph34r:

If I was bombing all the way to Cabo I might want to go "supported"........but no guide service necessary for a short "taste of Baja" trip......we'll go again.......maybe just a little spin down to Mike's and back.......hop on board next time.......

A 3 day to Gonzaga is also fun when the weather cools a little.

I probably dropped about ~$400 on our trip to San Felipe :):blink::ph34r:

I was somewhere in that neighborhood. I usually budget $100 a day for a trip like and come back with $$ in my pocket. We ran a few bar tabs that led to mucho laughter so its all good

My first real ride off-road with my KTM 400 EXC was about a year ago. I met up and camped overnight with Baja Dick just north of Tecate in U.S. at Camp Camground. I slept in my car. Baja Dick had a tent in the back of his truck. :clapping: In the morning we met up with TwoWheels, who speaks fluent Spanish. Baja Dick had been a Baja rider since the 1960s and was a former tour guide so I was in good hands. Their GPS was in their heads - weird cosmic desert stuff. I would like to do something like that but camp down in Mexico the night before and have a true full day of riding near the beach. I just want to ride on the beach to mark it off the checklist. Who is in? Two Wheels, Tree, Javi, Baja Dick, Crawdaddy, sup?

Mexicali was at 45 degrees C (113 F) and La Paz was at 42 degrees C (108) yesterday. The Gulf Coast is as hot as Ocotillo Wells.

.....camp down in Mexico the night before.......

:blink: let me think about that :o ........ :focus: I'm out.... :rolleyes::lol: .......I like launching out of Santa Veronica......not that expensive if you have a roommate.....

BTW, it was 114 in San Felipe yesterday :o :heat: :help: .......it's "mountain/elevation" season right now.......desert stuff can wait a while...... ;)

I have never had much interest in San Felipe; it has nothing I can't get better in SD county. If I were riding to Baja, I'd go all the way to Los Cabos and wouldn't even stop til Mulege. If I had two weeks, then 10 days would spent on the East Cape.

Well, to make a long story short I just got cleared by "the boss" to take a 7-8 day trip on the bike. I'm either going to do Idaho or Baja. I can go anytime from the second week of August to the first week of Sept. Ideally, it would be nice to have someone to meet in SD to ride south with. I am flexible, responsible and easy to get along with, but we could have the understanding that if it doesn't feel right, then no hard feelings. Would be nice to have a partner to ride and room with. I have little or no interest in camping unless I'm it's cool and safe. Before I get too wound up - any interest in talking about it?

10 days would spent on the East Cape.

'bout 10(*holy crap!!) years ago spent 10 plus days on the East Cape...some GOOD surf, crazy weather....hot as blazes too!!

beautiful, like the desert, just has surf!!!

Blind :rolleyes:...reminiscing.

if ya go, HAVE A BLAST!!!!

10 days would spent on the East Cape.

'bout 10(*holy crap!!) years ago spent 10 plus days on the East Cape...some GOOD surf, crazy weather....hot as blazes too!!

beautiful, like the desert, just has surf!!!

Blind :rolleyes:...reminiscing.

if ya go, HAVE A BLAST!!!!

Thanks man, the East Cape is one of my favorite places and one of these days I'm going to swim with a whale shark there! I want to see it when the water is clear, and this time of year would be perfect for that. But the thought of roasting all night in a tent adds a dose of reality.

This is the place I like to go on the East Cape.

http://www.rancholeonero.com/

An SDAR member discount available.

One Smart option to consider is to have someone in a 4WD Truck follow along as a The Chase Truck.

Someone to carry spares, luggage,firewood, camping gear & other items.

Chase truck comes in real handy with broken bike & broken riders.

You could even have one of the riders drive the chase truck, then switch off each day.

I like the idea of ride for two days then drive the chase truck one day.

One Smart option to consider is to have someone in a 4WD Truck follow along as a The Chase Truck.

You could even have one of the riders drive the chase truck, then switch off each day.

I have a 1990 Suburban that took all Baja had to throw at it and survived admirably!

That's me at :30 trying to decide what to do. We had all the time in the world, not to mention a 96 qt cooler that was full of Coors Lt. and freshly iced so it wasn't exactly as dire as my brother says. LOL

A chase vehicle would really change everything, as it would allow the riders to bring everything they need and want and be able to ride without cargo lashed to the bikes.

I have a 1990 Suburban that took all Baja had to throw at it and survived admirably!

That's me at :30 trying to decide what to do. We had all the time in the world, not to mention a 96 qt cooler that was full of Coors Lt. and freshly iced so it wasn't exactly as dire as my brother says. LOL

A chase vehicle would really change everything, as it would allow the riders to bring everything they need and want and be able to ride without cargo lashed to the bikes.

sounds very good have a trip like this, but I dont think I have enough tail bone no more for many miles.....