Sign in to follow this  
TemeculaRider

Newb from Temecula area

Delighted to have found the forums and to be a new member! This is going to take alot of time but I can't wait to dig in and learn alot here, not to mention make some great connections with you guys. Hope to share the road with you soon!

I am Justin, 36 and married with children and a 2009 KLR650 (black). I am tearing the roads and trails up around here and North County and day-dreaming of my first motorcycle ride into Baja after my bro and I spent 14 days in January driving from TJ to Los Cabos and back, spending most of our time in remote areas of the east cape (cabo pulmo).

Delighted to have found the forums and to be a new member! This is going to take alot of time but I can't wait to dig in and learn alot here, not to mention make some great connections with you guys. Hope to share the road with you soon!

Welcome to the board. I work in Temecula and live near Aguanga. Looking forward to some rides.

Welcome to the board. I work in Temecula and live near Aguanga. Looking forward to some rides.

Thanks Christi! I was just out your way Sunday riding to Ocotillo Wells.

Welcome Justin..You must be really hard core to head to Ocotillo last sunday...it was pretty darn hot even in town here....Hope to see you soon on a ride....deb

Welcome Justin..You must be really hard core to head to Ocotillo last sunday...it was pretty darn hot even in town here....Hope to see you soon on a ride....deb

Google Weather said 112F for Ocotillo Wells but it didn't feel that hot, especially with the stiff breeze. Wasn't the smartest place to be riding on a hot day but we had planned to just do Grapevine Canyon Rd but ended up wanting more dirt. Looking forward to meeting you, Deb!

I live in Temecula and ride Ocotillo Wells all the time. Been wanting to do a ride from their out to the 8, Not in the summer though! We need to get together for some local rides, Big Bear area or Desert. I ride a KTM 525 EXC that I just moved up from a CRF450R set up for desert. Keep in touch!

Cory

...and a 2009 KLR650 (black)

That's all I needed to know that you're OK in my book :)

Welcome to the Desert Gestapo!!! :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard! kiwi threatened to post a ride up your way when it cools down. Looking forward to learning the area when that happens.

Thanks for the kind words, guys! I'm a relative newb on the bike and it's heavy, so I'm taking it easy right now, but I can't stay off the thing! Hitting the Cleveland Nat'l Forest hard from the Wildomar area up to the Ortega Hwy. Even saw a Mountain Lion the other day!

Welcome! Looking forward to riding together, I joined recently too- nice people here I tell ya.

Welcome!

Not sure if you are saying you take the South Main Divide when you go from Wildomar to Ortega. I do that ride on occasion. Hopefully we'll cross paths one of these weekends.

I would be curious to know if that mountain lion you saw was near the South Main Divide. I ride alone mostly and would probably panic a little if I saw one.

Jim

Thanks Christi! I was just out your way Sunday riding to Ocotillo Wells.

Wow, I was at Ocotillo wells with my buddy on his banshee also last sunday. I was the guy on the red 09 KLR. Ocotillo was definately a blast to ride and a welcomed change to riding on the streets in San Diego. I would like to try to find an area that isn't so sandy and more dirt and forest. Anyone know of such a place within driving distance?

there are many places. Read thru the forum and keep you eye open for upcoming rides. Someone is always going somewhere around here!!!!!!