Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Monday the 13th

I am tinking of taking the kids out to Golden Acorn... They are 9 and 12... $25 a person adds up, but I like the fact that they can ride at their own pace, and just kick back in the truck if they want...

anybody else want to go? They are pretty excited/scared, but I am convincing them that the track is only as scary as you make it... if we get there, and it is crowded, we'll turn around and go to Lark.

What time is the track open? What time would you be going?

Just trying to figure if A) I would have knobbies on since I am leaving town this weekend and B) how much time i would need off work

You might want to check out Elevation while you're up there. I think they are $20 a head but not sure of the details. Don't remember if they gave the times at the opening ceremony. They have some trees and shade. Don't know if GA track has that. Anyway, have fun.

If I was going for "just me", I definitely WOULD go to the other track...

Golden Acorn is very visible and open... I am bringing my two kids, Tim on crawdaddy's YZ, and two Shamu trainers that both ride street bikes... So I like the fact that I can sit up at the truck, and watch them ride, without worrying if they make it back (plus I can see them crash better... makes it more fun... for me)

Jason; track opens at 9... I'll be there a little early... If you are worried about the tires, bring them with you... I can swap 'em out in 15 minutes, tops... uh... assuming they are already mounted on rims... otherwise it'll take 20 minutes per tire, and you better bring a six pack

If it wasn't clear in the first post...NEWB friendly ride! I am considering bringing my XRL, since neither trainer has a dirt bike... and Jenn is about 4' 8"... she'll be on the 70

Golden Acorn is very visible and open... I am bringing my two kids, Tim on crawdaddy's YZ, and two Shamu trainers that both ride street bikes... So I like the fact that I can sit up at the truck, and watch them ride, without worrying if they make it back (plus I can see them crash better... makes it more fun... for me)

If it wasn't clear in the first post...NEWB friendly ride! I am considering bringing my XRL, since neither trainer has a dirt bike... and Jenn is about 4' 8"... she'll be on the 70

True that the Acorn track is a fast open track, better for kids and newbies. The Live Oak Springs track is somewhat technical and slower and has rough and slow parts as well as some gnarley hills and drop offs. When I wheeled out to the starting line on opening day, the starter guy ran over to me and said "I don't know who you are....can you get up that hill over there okay?" Apparently he thought that I was just some well dressed dandy come out to tour the track (good call ;) ). I assured him that I had plenty of years under my belt and if I couldn't get up the hill on my mini bike, I probably didn't belong on any motorcycle anymore. B)

Jason; track opens at 9... I'll be there a little early... If you are worried about the tires, bring them with you... I can swap 'em out in 15 minutes, tops... uh... assuming they are already mounted on rims... otherwise it'll take 20 minutes per tire, and you better bring a six pack

The knobbies are not mounted on the 21/18 wheels and those wheels are not on the bike atm hehe.

Not a thread hijack:

"If you are worried about the tires, bring them with you... I can swap 'em out in 15 minutes, tops... uh... assuming they are already mounted on rims... othewise it will take 20min per tire, better bring a six pack"

I will remember this quote when I need to get a tire swap done..... B) Fxxk, I will bring a case.....AND A STOPWATCH! :good:

Not a thread hijack:

"If you are worried about the tires, bring them with you... I can swap 'em out in 15 minutes, tops... uh... assuming they are already mounted on rims... othewise it will take 20min per tire, better bring a six pack"

I will remember this quote when I need to get a tire swap done..... B) Fxxk, I will bring a case.....AND A STOPWATCH! :good:

anybody want to back me up, here? I have enough flat experience to last a lifetime... did my front tire in about 18 at Big Bear, with misplacing some stuff...

Call in sick on Monday, and bring your girl... I have a TTR50, XR70, and a TTR125

Not a thread hijack:

anybody want to back me up, here? I have enough flat experience to last a lifetime... did my front tire in about 18 at Big Bear, with misplacing some stuff...

Call in sick on Monday, and bring your girl... I have a TTR50, XR70, and a TTR125

Would love to, but heading north w/the bigger girl. Will take a definate raincheck and will bring the case of beer as well. it took me 1/2 a week and a herd of sherpas to change my last tire......

Happy riding! I love seeing kids get some!

OK, vacation request approved. Robert and I will try and be there at 9.

OK, vacation request approved. Robert and I will try and be there at 9.

good>>>

hopefully we have the track to ourselves...

Not a thread hijack:

I will remember this quote when I need to get a tire swap done..... :unsure: Fxxk, I will bring a case.....AND A STOPWATCH! :lol:

How are you at 10" wheels? The TTR-50 has a flat. Anybody open tomorrow so I can buy a tube?

OK, thanks. FBC is open tomorrow, and I will be going right by there anyhow, so I should be good. Hopefully I'll have it all fixed up by Monday.

Whew, crisis averted. 1 hr. 10 min. not bad for my first dirt bike tire. How long are you planning on staying, BS? I'm thinking about taking the

TH if we are going to be more than a couple of hours. I need to give it a little test drive anyhow after the repairs I had to make.

damn! New crisis! I sent you a PM.. It was 102 at noon today; I can't see paying $75 to ride for an hour, and get heat stroke.. So I am going o dark thirty to corral. 6am at PV exit, then trucking to corral; hope to be home by 11

Sorry about the bad comm Jeff... U r still welcome to meet us at PV

Damn crisises (crisii?) No worries, I am thinking we will head to Amago, since it is closer to the center of the universe (Ramona), and will probably be a much cooler 97 or 98

Only two things come from Romana...steers and crawdaddy:lol:

Well enjoy the refrigerator like 95 degree weather...pack a parka just in case

Sorry again about calling so late last night

John Hughes told me to check this site for weekday rides and I am up early and was reading this just now getting excited to go out to Acorn (for the 1st time) and ride and meet some of you. Now I am confused. No Acorn? PV = Pine Valley?

Sorry for the short notice-welcome nut

I am meeting some people at PV and driving up to Corral Canyon-red 150 with 3 yamahahahas and a black DRZ

It was REALLY hot yesterday, and tday is supposed to be worse

one of the newbs had a headache, and didn't show, so Tim Jenn and I met and caravanned to CC campground. Had dirtbike 101 for Jenn, and took her up to the tower... She was complaining about the bike "moving around"... I told her to suck it up; all knobbies do that a little... Uh... Especially flat ones! D'oh!

Back to the truck for some spoke repair, flat repair and cold drinks. Motonut showed up... Small World; he was Jenn's instructor at the MSF class! He mustve done something right, cuz she did well all day. A couple low speed tops, cuz she makes Mimi look huge, but no crashes. Nut rode a qlink SuMo, and did great keeping up with us when we did some singletrack. We left before it got too hot, but really glad we didn't go further East... We looked that direction from Los Pinos, and the windmills were wilting

Only two things come from Romana...steers and crawdaddy:lol:

Jealous

Amago was fun, I was by far the fastest on all three tracks, and my son was the second fastest. the tracks were like concrete, but at least smooth. Temp topped out at 92, not too bad.