hoss314

Trying to find a bike for my lady

She wants to ride a bike because she hates being left behind from being able to go riding with me I just dont know if she will enjoy it due to the xtra "work" of riding a bike to keep it balanced etc

:lol: Work? ;)B)

Well vs a quad where you dont have to keep the thing upright all the time.

I guess it's all perspective. Quads are hard for me to ride and I always have the most awful wrecks on them. I know what's good for me and I just stay away from them. :lol:

She wants to ride a bike because she hates being left behind from being able to go riding with me I just dont know if she will enjoy it due to the xtra "work" of riding a bike to keep it balanced etc

:blink: Work? :lol:;)

Well vs a quad where you dont have to keep the thing upright all the time.

I guess it's all perspective. Quads are hard for me to ride and I always have the most awful wrecks on them. I know what's good for me and I just stay away from them. :rolleyes:

Yeah i can't stand it. Its much more bouncy than a bike and the jostling side to side bugs the crap out of me. On sand I can see how its nice.

Jay, curious if you ever pulled the trigger or solved this issue. Lowering link or new KLX/XT?

I need to get her on a bike to see if she will stick with it before I do anything else.

Your welcome to borrow my XR-200 sometime if you want to get her on something to see how she does. It's not plated and is kick start only but its bulletproof and very easy to ride.

Brad loaned me the Service Honda 250 JRX, so trying to find a spot to take her to see how that goes. Darylhunter is gonna be out there in a jeep and we may tag along over in North County. The more I think about it when we do our dual sport rides around here more of it is pavement than dirt and I don't really want her riding that much on the pavement anyway.

The 2 biggest motivations for a plate are lately most the rides I go on have been plated dual sport ones and leaving her out and I'd like to do the motorcycle camping thing which is likely to need a plate as well.

I am not sure what priority a plate is going to be for now vs just a bike that fits her well and I think thats a lot easier to do in a green sticker bike.