June 19-21. I'm thinking early Friday morning from Tecate to San Felipe then Saturday night at Mikes. Back to Tecate through the forest on Sunday but the details are still up in the air. Anybody intrested?

Anybody intrested?

Yeah, sounds like fun.....need to see if hall pass is obtainable.......would you be taking the 610? If so, I'd probably ride the 620 ADV

Anybody intrested?

would you be taking the 610?

Yep, taking the Husky. Depending on the route on Friday there could be some slab involved as that is some miles to burn. Saturday is an easy day from San Felipe to Mikes so we can spend some time in town before we head out.

We did that ride in reverse a couple months back and had a blast. It will be pretty warm this time of year make sure to take plenty of water. I'll look forward to a ride report. It will be alot of slab goin to San Felipe if you take the direct route which I would recommend because of the milage you'll need to cover the first day. But after that you can get in alot of dirt to mikes and back to the border depending on the routes you take. :lol:

I like this kind of rides,and yhea Im interesting, but give me a week so I can set up my plans ($$$$) I let you know for sure next week,, are we planning to stay en el cortez????

.......give me a week so I can set up my plans ($$$$) I let you know for sure next week.......

Right.....I'm in the same boat.....I need about a week to figure out finances and feasibility of time away that weekend......I'll rely on you two in terms of where to stay......I've never been to San Felipe so I'd really like to go/check it out........haven't been to Mike's in ~7 or 8 years.....hope to be able to pull it off.......

I like this kind of rides,and yhea Im interesting, but give me a week so I can set up my plans ($$$$) I let you know for sure next week,, are we planning to stay en el cortez????

El Cortez works for me.

Actually I am in the same boat as both of you guys. We just had a neighborhood meeting about our private road and the need to get it fixed. Could soak up my allowance for next month.

If we split a room in SF and at Mikes this trip could be pretty budget.

El Cortez works for me.

Actually I am in the same boat as both of you guys. We just had a neighborhood meeting about our private road and the need to get it fixed. Could soak up my allowance for next month.

If we split a room in SF and at Mikes this trip could be pretty budget.

splitting a room at Mikes doesn't help it's $60 a night per person but you get dinner and breakfast.

splitting a room at Mikes doesn't help it's $60 a night per person but you get dinner and breakfast.

Thats right, I forgot about that. I have never made it out of that bar for under $30 either.

June 19-21. I'm thinking early Friday morning from Tecate to San Felipe then Saturday night at Mikes. Back to Tecate through the forest on Sunday but the details are still up in the air. Anybody intrested?

I am in. I moved down to SD from Seattle a couple months ago and have been itching to go for a ride in Baja. Just let me know when and where we will be meeting and any additional information I should know about prior to the trip. I'm looking forward to riding with everyone!

Rich

I am in. I moved down to SD from Seattle a couple months ago and have been itching to go for a ride in Baja. Just let me know when and where we will be meeting and any additional information I should know about prior to the trip. I'm looking forward to riding with everyone!

Rich

What type of bike are you riding? :huh: Come'on man.....give it up :blink::blink::lol:

Start a new thread and introduce yourself in this forum: http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showforum=32

This is looking pretty solid for me :blink:

we park our truck this side of the border, is the last parking lot on the right side of the road (cross street gas station) is 5.00 per day (15.00 3 day per truck) we Never have a problems with our trucks but you never know,,, unfortunate Im not going this ride ;)( family issues) but any weekend after june YEAHHHH :o

A passport is now needed? Anybody know how long that takes?

I would like to go but think I may be out of time.

unfortunate, yes you are! june first is passport req, I think is about 3 or 4 weeks after you send your documents, but dont worry,get everyting ready and we going next time...(never is late)

Is this a Dads and sons ride or not really?

steve

Still figuring out the game plan......if you brought your son you'd probably want him to be on a bigger/plated bike and comfortable on the street......check your e-mail.

we park our truck this side of the border, is the last parking lot on the right side of the road (cross street gas station) is 5.00 per day (15.00 3 day per truck) we Never have a problems with our trucks but you never know,,, unfortunate Im not going this ride <_<( family issues) but any weekend after june YEAHHHH :)

Thanks Javi

Just curious. I have seen people come across from Baja to the states with non plated bikes and I assume are heading to that lot. Is there a problem with that?

we park our truck this side of the border, is the last parking lot on the right side of the road (cross street gas station) is 5.00 per day (15.00 3 day per truck) we Never have a problems with our trucks but you never know,,, unfortunate Im not going this ride <_<( family issues) but any weekend after june YEAHHHH :)

Thanks Javi

Just curious. I have seen people come across from Baja to the states with non plated bikes and I assume are heading to that lot. Is there a problem with that?

Yes and No, all depents , I have wr 250 and I been riding with this bike for a least 5 years, and Im still riding, (thats my only dirt bike) anyways olders customs no problems, young customs they go by the book, the worse think can happens is they going to ask you push your bike to the parking lot,,,,I will recoment to take a copic of your registration....

Rich

What type of bike are you riding? ;) Come'on man.....give it up :lol::blink::(

Start a new thread and introduce yourself in this forum: http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showforum=32

I can get an intro going no problem. for now though my bikes include a 2005 YZ450f set up for desert riding along with a 2004 DRZ400S which I will be taking on this ride. I have a lot of expirence riding and racing in the high deserts of OR and WA and looking forward to cutting my teeth in a Baja ride. Passport is in hand and I will be ready. GIve me a call on my cell if you have any questions 503.740.3808.

Rich

I have a lot of experience riding

That's what I needed to know ;) ..........I'm not interested in heading off to Baja with someone on their "first" bike/ride.......oh, one other thing/requirement - new guys have to change flats on ANY/ALL bikes on the trip :blink: (think he'll take the bait and buy into that? :lol:;):( )

oh, one other thing/requirement - new guys have to change flats on ANY/ALL bikes on the trip :lol:

And dont forget the first round at Mikes!

oh, one other thing/requirement - new guys have to change flats on ANY/ALL bikes on the trip B)

And dont forget the first round at Mikes!

Hey, after a good day of riding in Baja you can plan on me picking up the first round! You can order whatever you want as long as it is water. B)

As far as flat tires are concerned, not a biggy, I am always happy to help out a fellow rider.

You can order whatever you want as long as it is water. B)

If we drink the water in Baja you'll be changing more than flats!!!

5 more days all ready, time going fast, I just want to said , have a wonderful, and safety ride, take a a lots pic's, next time I'm going to do all my best to go riding with you guys B) ohh! happy fathers day,,, hasta la vista... :blink: