paulmbowers

Possible 2-up, easy ride Saturday[postponed]

Thinking about purloining a bike Saturday to take my son (8) on a easy, scenic dualsport ride including Frosty Burger.

Here is a link to a possible route for a nice, easy scenic ride with the kiddo pillion. My question- see up where I've routed ourselves onto Kitchen Creek? Would it be possible (no locked gates that can't be circumvented) and more interesting to take Thing (on map Thin) Valley Road to Fred Canyon- that dashed grey line? I don't believe I know either one- what are they like? Maybe some alternate routes? Looking for tiny service roads, but Sunrise seems unavoidable.

Whaddya Think?

Oh- it begins at Pine Valley cul-de-sac, goes up Pine Creek to Sunrise, over to the desert lookout, then to thing or Kitchen Creek.

[postponed] to another weekend, riding with the big boys in Ramona.

Whaddya Think?

Kitchen Creek is gated, as is Thing Valley (haven't run Fred in a while, not sure of whether that circumvents Thing's gate). You could loop the other way from Pine Creek Road, picking up Boulder Creek Road out of Cuyamaca.

Fred says open though: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/conditions/

all those gates are accessible from either side (or at least WERE last time I was there) To me, that means they can be legally circumvented... Jesse will have to dismount, though

might I suggest pine creek to deer (whatever)... of course, you still have to figure out a way back down

I also wouldn't discount Viejas Grade... stop at the top and look back at the awesome view of the valley; then run olde 80 to Frosty, OR take Boulder Creek up to Lake Cuyamaca

Pine valley road staging. If you head out Bear valley rd end up turning left on Morena Stokes to Buchmann springs. Turn right to Cammeron truck trail.

Then left all the way through to La Posta then left again. Take it across the 8 and up to Fred. Then left and take it to the fork on the rightand all the way through to Sunrise. Turn right and head out past Pine creek to Deer park rd then left and back down pine creek to staging.

About 62 miles. Did you say there were locked gates? :unsure:

Pollo

There are so many posibilities. I like Cameron, thats a nice valley. I would like to live there. Lets all do something out there soon.

i love that area also.always wanted to live out there....I have yet to ride much out there ..like I said in my intro, I've riden more far away places..I must get to know our county....I keep reading.sounds awesome.....would have loved to do that this weekend, but heading to yosemite tomorrow (not to ride though...) :unsure: but it will be beautiful nonetheless....next time...

Appears that helo crashed right near Fred Canyon, so I'll probably keep clear of that road.

So- anybody want to go?

heading to yosemite tomorrow (not to ride though...)....

:angry: Bring a bike if you can.......LOT's of dirt riding up in that area just outside of the park.......it's even fun to just tool around on some of the paved roads inside the park....MUCH easier to deal with traffic/parking on a bike.....

hi-jack off

Paul - You could always consider trailering to Ramona and riding with us on Sat :unsure: .......I'm in NO rush.......this is going to be a mellow/easy ride for all skill levels.....guys/gals on the clock can zoom out front....

The only portions of the planned loop that you'd probably want to pass on riding "2 up" is the Santa Isabel TT and maybe Palomar Divide (the boy might be tired of riding by that point so once we reach the intersection of 371/79 you could just slab it across 79 back to 76/Mesa Grande/Black Canyon Rd. rather than heading up Palomar Divide) .......you can bypass Santa Isabel TT by taking a right on Pile St. to Black Canyon (left).......Black Canyon leads out to the Black Canyon Bridge (Historic site) rather than taking Pamo/Santa Isabel TT to Black Canyon bridge with the main/core group......

I've been thinking about that. There is a lot of highway riding, and the TW200 is not the most stable at speed. I would, however, prefer to ride with others rather than alone, even if it has to be you guys :lol:

I'll look at the track, and thanks for the encouragement!

p

senor fakey,

i'd be into joining you and J....but little league @ 9....ugh(*not "really" ugh...but i would like to get out soon...)

sunday i have a mid-morning thing too...so this weekend stinks for me to get a hall pass.

lemme know when you are doing these with him.

Blind B)....is getting ready to get out!! :lol:

I've been thinking about that. There is a lot of highway riding, and the TW200 is not the most stable at speed. I would, however, prefer to ride with others rather than alone, even if it has to be you guys :lol:

I'll look at the track, and thanks for the encouragement!

p

True, another option would be to meet with us in the morning but only ride as far as the Hideout and then hang a U-Turn......the trip from Ramona out to the Hideout and back along Black Canyon Rd. might be a good/short/easy/smooth/mostly dirty ride to take your son on.........the bulk of the paved riding is beyond the Hideout towards Christi-ville (Warner Springs)

[postponed] to another weekend, riding with the big boys in Ramona.