Sign in to follow this  
Audible

Hello

Hello all,

I'm Randy (AKA: Audible) from Temecula. I currently ride a 2005 Honda 400 TRX quad. B) However, I am on the prowl for an "Adventure Bike". B) I look forward to meeting you all on the trail soon.

Welcome!

What kind of "adventure bike" are you looking for? We have everything from TW200s to BMW 1200 GSs... it's always an adventure

HI there!

Welcome to the board.

I work here in Temecula and ride in North San Diego and Riverside counties.

See you on the trail.

Good luck with the bike search. I am sure you can even find something right here on this board.

B)

Welcome!

What kind of "adventure bike" are you looking for? We have everything from TW200s to BMW 1200 GSs... it's always an adventure

Pretty open at this point. KTM 400 or 450 would be top choice, but a nice DRZ400 or WR400 would work fine too. My two main requiremnets are something solid and plated (or easily plated at DMV).

glad to see you are seeing the "good" side!!!

enjoy the journey, that's the fun!!!

ask many questions, fountains of info these people are!!

Blind B)

Hello all,

I'm Randy (AKA: Audible) from Temecula. I currently ride a 2005 Honda 400 TRX quad. :ok: However, I am on the prowl for an "Adventure Bike". :ok: I look forward to meeting you all on the trail soon.

Hey Randy, glad you decided to sign up........pretty ballsy to open up with the "Please help me, I'm a quad B) tard" statement (Ok, that's not exactly how you phrased it but that's how I read it B)B) ).....it'll be good to get you back on two wheels instead of two wheels too many.......I'll keep my eyes open for a dualsport bike in the desired ~$3K or less range.....it'll have to be a "seasoned" bike in that price range.....take a hard look at any/all plated DRZ's (so you'll have a magic button)......KTM's/Husky's will likely be a bit scarce in that price range....welcome aboard! :)

a nice DRZ400 would work fine too.

Too bad Kelly's got away before you could snatch it :ok:

Bargain Basement:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/mcy/1093996004.html

A bit newer and in your price range:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/1091205771.html (ask if he has a street plate.....probably not)

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/mcy/1099345713.html

Hurry up.....it's time to ride :ok: B)B)

Welcome aboard. We'll get you off those four wheels and onto two! B)

Of those 3, the only real option, to me, would be the third... I know lots of people have a blast on little DRs... Scary for me at highway speeds, though. the DRZ is much preferred.

Anyway, Randy... i have a DRZ, TW200, XRL and an older Honda. If you are leaning towards more dirt, and just need the plate to connect trails:

Husky or KTM are cream of the crop, to me... Huskies are prettier

DRZ, for me, was the best compromise- It'll do 80, even with dirt gearing, for short periods of time

XRL, DR650 and KLR are not the best dirt bikes, but are great for racking up some miles, dirt or not.

CHRIS!!! No tard HAZING!!... oops!!! I meant quad hazing... damn!!! How do I edit a post?

Welcome to the club. You should be able to get a good bike in the $3k range easily, just wait for a deal to come to you. See ya on the trail

Audible,

Buy any of those three bike. Buy a quality one.

Jump on a clean bike in the $2500 to $4000 range. Many at the $3000 price. You can buy junk or quality at that price. Check a few. Ask the experts on the forum for help finding one. Not me, I need more experience. I did wait Craig's List and looked for 3-4 months.

I just bought a '02 KTM 520 in that price range last week. The bike rocks and is plated, but needs a few street legalizing parts like a speedo, etc. Price was reduced because of missing legal parts. Getting a dual sport bike and going out there and riding the dirt / street is new and different. You will love it. The desert is calling you.

Beezzz

Welcome, get a good trail bike that can get busy in the sand and technical stuff. Dont get something too big man!