Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

newb ride

I was planning on crashing trophy's event on Sunday, but he waved me off... something about scaring the women and children... SO

I will be riding someplace fairly close... my first inclination is Lark; haven't been there in a while... park at the tree; ready to ride by 9.

Andy may join me for the BRP's maiden voyage... so bring a camera :ph34r:

Just kidding Andy. Anybody up for a medium easy day? No egos (except mine... thank you)... If Andy does great, we'll pick up speed, and try some of the harder stuff, otherwise, it will be dirtbiking 101

I was planning on crashing trophy's event on Sunday, but he waved me off... something about scaring the women and children... SO

I will be riding someplace fairly close... my first inclination is Lark; haven't been there in a while... park at the tree; ready to ride by 9.

Andy may join me for the BRP's maiden voyage... so bring a camera :ph34r:

Just kidding Andy. Anybody up for a medium easy day? No egos (except mine... thank you)... If Andy does great, we'll pick up speed, and try some of the harder stuff, otherwise, it will be dirtbiking 101

Mickey and I are probably going to ride this weekend - This is our last free weekend before Mom comes home, so we gotta ride!!!

Maybe we'll join you (that is if you think our egos are small enough)...

We would love to have you two along... your egos are fine. Plan sound fine? Oak tree at 9?

We would love to have you two along... your egos are fine. Plan sound fine? Oak tree at 9?

Is that the tree with the picnic tables by the bathrooms?

9 sounds good to us - If I can drag the teenager out of bed early enough - and if his bike survives Saturday (he has an uncanny way of breaking things)...

I will bring the half-tard just in case... my DRZ has had a bad run of luck lately anyway... I may need it

sdlineman- wanna ride?

think i might make this one, there is a puddle i gotta get even with out there somewhere. :ph34r:

anybody that wants to carpool can meet me near lakeside/alpine on 8 (you can drive or I can)

If this is a newb enough ride for my uber newbness, count me in =) Pictures of me falling off, tipping over, chewing on dirt and anything else are encouraged. I'm not proud, I gotta start somewhere :ph34r:

If this is a newb enough ride for my uber newbness, count me in =) Pictures of me falling off, tipping over, chewing on dirt and anything else are encouraged. I'm not proud, I gotta start somewhere :ph34r:

Andy, stop cutting yourself short. I think after meeting and talking to you at my house you are going to be fine. Now I did notice like myself you are a little short legged so don't get hung up on a rock or side hill the wrong way. Stay with in you limit. I look forward to seeing some photos.

This is YOUR ride...as I said in PM... Track riding is not as different as some would have you believe... Except one biggie; don't expect a handful of front brake will stop you... Wait.... You'll eventually stop, but don't expect to be upright and happy

Andy; ask a lot of questions while we are out there... I'm sure Dug or I will be able to help out

This is YOUR ride...as I said in PM... Track riding is not as different as some would have you believe... Except one biggie; don't expect a handful of front brake will stop you... Wait.... You'll eventually stop, but don't expect to be upright and happy

Andy; ask a lot of questions while we are out there... I'm sure Dug or I will be able to help out

Andy, see just like I told you at my house about the people on this site will not dog the newb. I have only had the chance to go on one weekend with some group members and had so much fun. Safety was always encouraged.

Looking forward to it. Don't take my self bashing as anything other than good natured humor. I'm a firm believer in two things: one, never take yourself too seriously. two, if ya can't make fun of yourself, ya got no business makin' fun of anything else.

I will bring the half-tard just in case... my DRZ has had a bad run of luck lately anyway... I may need it

sdlineman- wanna ride?

I'd love to, but I'm taking my wife out for her birthday this weekend. I am hoping to get out for a day ride soon, our weekends are too booked up this month to make any desert trips. Thanks for the invite though.

P.S. I work in Escondido, and get off at 3:30 if anyone knows of somewhere close to ride, I'd love to get an hour or 2 in on a weekday. :)

OK hijack off

Oak tree at 9?

Gonna tie a yellow ribbon around the oak tree ??? :)

I'll show. Did the 4x4 last weekend, need to break out the bike for some 2 wheel fun this weekend.

It'd be nice to see you out there Todd... I don't think there's a yellow ribbon :)

I'll be on the black DRZ with an S on the headlight, and i'll probably bring the half-tard, too (TW200)

Andy; unless I hear from you, I assume you'll just meet out there

Erick; Hobiee- hopefully see you out there, too... Mimi? Jeff?

Erick; Hobiee- hopefully see you out there, too... Mimi? Jeff?

We are going for a Spring desert wild flower ride today. We'll think about it.

i'll be there, blue dodge and black and blue ktm.

forrest1- you are welcome to join, too

robert.a.conrad@seaworld.com if you have any questions

If this is a newb enough ride I would like to joint, could you pls give me direction?

If this is a newb enough ride I would like to joint, could you pls give me direction?

My 9 year old rides here... it's newb enough... robertaccio rides some of the same trails...the only difference is speed... and there are a few harder obstacles... we'll just avoid them

8 East to Boulevard Exit... DON'T miss it, or else you have a few miles before you can turn around. Turn right at the bottom of the ramp, then left on 94/Olde 80... go a few miles to McCain Valley Road and turn left... stay on that road for a few miles... seems like 5 in a car, 3 on a bike. OHV area is on your left... the oak tree (no yellow ribbon; no tony orlando and dawn) is right near the outhouse... can't miss either. It is in the day use area

http://www.californiadesert.gov/mapfiles/m...ylarkcanyon.pdf

If this is a newbie ride I would like to joint, could you pls give direction? By the way my ego I lost on my last ride

My 9 year old rides here... it's newb enough... robertaccio rides some of the same trails...the only difference is speed... and there are a few harder obstacles... we'll just avoid them

8 East to Boulevard Exit... DON'T miss it, or else you have a few miles before you can turn around. Turn right at the bottom of the ramp, then left on 94/Olde 80... go a few miles to McCain Valley Road and turn left... stay on that road for a few miles... seems like 5 in a car, 3 on a bike. OHV area is on your left... the oak tree (no yellow ribbon; no tony orlando and dawn) is right near the outhouse... can't miss either. It is in the day use area

http://www.californiadesert.gov/mapfiles/m...ylarkcanyon.pdf

Thank you, I will be there 9am.

I will be there for sure. I will be taking my Yamaha in a black Ford diesel with a large white and black overhead camper. I will need help getting the bike in and out of the camper. "Slut" I will have your tool back to you tomorrow. Thanks

take me off the list guys. :lol:

sick baby boy= no sleep for mom

no sleep for mom=no early ride for dad