Hi everybody. I have been reading this forum for a while, finally got signed up. I live in Chula Vista. I'll be 48 this month. I have been riding street bikes most of my life. I got the '02 YZ250 and have done a lot of riding at Imperial sand dunes, Ocotillo/plaster city, Ocotillo wells, and McCains, but I wanted more, so I bought the XR650L last year.

I've done some local day trips. I met Crawdaddy and his son last Sunday, while waiting for my friend, at the entrance to Oriflamme canyon and S2. I'm looking forward to doing a multi day trip to Baja, probably later this year, October or November. I would not mind doing some shorter baja trips in the mean time.

See you out there!

Hi everybody. I have been reading this forum for a while, finally got signed up. I live in Chula Vista. I'll be 48 this month. I have been riding street bikes most of my life. I got the '02 YZ250 and have done a lot of riding at Imperial sand dunes, Ocotillo/plaster city, Ocotillo wells, and McCains, but I wanted more, so I bought the XR650L last year.

I've done some local day trips. I met Crawdaddy and his son last Sunday, while waiting for my friend, at the entrance to Oriflamme canyon and S2. I'm looking forward to doing a multi day trip to Baja, probably later this year, October or November. I would not mind doing some shorter baja trips in the mean time.

See you out there!

Welcome! There are lots of rides and lots of different bikes here. I'm sure you will find something. :unsure:

Welcome Haywood. I am not much of a Baja guy (made a deal with the wife), but hopefully will see you on some local rides. :unsure: Ken

welcome Haywood!

The xrl makes a good all around bike, if a little on the portly side... Mine has a BMI of 40

I met Crawdaddy and his son last Sunday

That's only partially true.........we met many years (and a girlfriend or two) ago on the Superhawks! :unsure::blink:

Good to run into you again out in BFE last weekend....... - See ya out there (street or road)

Ah good...another 48 year old! Lots of rides and great folks here so enjoy :unsure:

....and welcome!

Welcome aboard, Haywood. Hope to see you on a ride some time.