DigDug

Corral Canyon - Sunday - 8 Mar 09

Mickey and I are planning on hitting up Corral Canyon again this Sunday. We put in quite a few good miles last weekend - hitting about half the trails out there. We set a goal for ourselves to ride and lay GPS tracks for every trail. That leaves the other half for this weekend to do! It should be nice and cool this weekend so we were thinking it would be a good time to bag trail 3A, 7, 8 and 9. (The black diamond trails). We're also planning on doing a few of the easier ones too - because they're so much fun. To save some riding miles, and to have the truck close for water/food/repairs (if necessary), we're going to truck all the way up there. Hopefully we can find a shady spot in the Corral Canyon Campground (GOOGLE MAPS LINK Coordinates: N 32 42.680 W 116 34.393). If that's full, we'll set up at 4-Corners. We plan on being there by 9am - riding by 9:30 or so...

If you aren't up to the harder trails, there's plenty of miles of easier/fun stuff too...

Mickey and I are planning on hitting up Corral Canyon again this Sunday. We put in quite a few good miles last weekend - hitting about half the trails out there. We set a goal for ourselves to ride and lay GPS tracks for every trail. That leaves the other half for this weekend to do! It should be nice and cool this weekend so we were thinking it would be a good time to bag trail 3A, 7, 8 and 9. (The black diamond trails). We're also planning on doing a few of the easier ones too - because they're so much fun. To save some riding miles, and to have the truck close for water/food/repairs (if necessary), we're going to truck all the way up there. Hopefully we can find a shady spot in the Corral Canyon Campground (GOOGLE MAPS LINK Coordinates: N 32 42.680 W 116 34.393). If that's full, we'll set up at 4-Corners. We plan on being there by 9am - riding by 9:30 or so...

If you aren't up to the harder trails, there's plenty of miles of easier/fun stuff too...

there are some good trails there... already did 5? 5 is about as hard as I can ride, and still have "fun"... but I am working Sunday anyway, so i am "out" Have a good time, though!

there are some good trails there... already did 5? 5 is about as hard as I can ride, and still have "fun"... but I am working Sunday anyway, so i am "out" Have a good time, though!

We did up 5 to up 3 last weekend. That's a pretty fun trail! There are a couple step-ups that are a little hairy...

Good plan Doug......maybe you can add the new tracks to file in this thread?

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2651

Call it my "geek project" to learn a little more about tracks in Mapsource...

You coming along then???

Call it my "geek project" to learn a little more about tracks in Mapsource...

You coming along then???

I just took a look at that Coral Canyon file I posted way back when.....it's pretty lame......too filtered......

Don't think I'll make it this weekend........I have some stuff to do around the house on Saturday.......might do another one day ride with Jarrett again on Sunday (He works Saturday)......

we're going to truck all the way up there. Hopefully we can find a shady spot in the Corral Canyon Campground If that's full, we'll set up at 4-Corners. We plan on being there by 9am - riding by 9:30 or so...

I think that you will be in luck to find a parking spot in that campground. The only times I have seen it filled full with vehicles was when it was a holiday weekend or there was some kind of event going on out there.

We set a goal for ourselves to ride and lay GPS tracks for every trail.

Good plan Doug......maybe you can add the new tracks to file in this thread?

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2651

I have most of those on GPS but they are all together and would need to be edited I could send them to you sometime if you want to fool with them, I have no experience in editing the tracks, not sure how to do it.

Im game, its close by. Sounds like you want to push the envelope.

Im game, its close by. Sounds like you want to push the envelope.

Sounds like we have one taker so far...

Should be a beautiful, cooler day in the mountains for a little trail riding!

I'll be at Pine Valley at 8:30 with 3 of my bosses from work, Ted and John were at the Desert Dash, and Jason is gonna ride my WR450 so we can give him the Dual Sport Disease :lol:

We'll head to 4 corners from there. Doug, will you have your radio on Chan 8 so I can try to catch ya somewhere?

I'll be at Pine Valley at 8:30 with 3 of my bosses from work, Ted and John were at the Desert Dash, and Jason is gonna ride my WR450 so we can give him the Dual Sport Disease :lol:

We'll head to 4 corners from there. Doug, will you have your radio on Chan 8 so I can try to catch ya somewhere?

We'll look for you then!!!!

Mickey and I will be on Chan 8 - we use the radios on pretty much every ride...

Oh, and to everyone coming... Don't forget your adventure passes and make sure your bikes are legal - they have been known to check for spark arrestors and stickers up there on the weekends...

On second thought, I might not have my radio, I loaned it to Chris, LOL. Might go pick it up on Saturday if he's home, hehe.

On second thought, I might not have my radio, I loaned it to Chris, LOL. Might go pick it up on Saturday if he's home, hehe.

Aw crap.....should've brought it into work today.......it's charged and ready.....

i shake my fist at all of you....damn little league...9AM game time.

kid memories and all be damned...but rats i missed another ride...

some day i might be able to jump on one of these local rides...maybe it'll go better than my first B)

Blind :)...just happy to be awake and at work(*how jacked is that?!?!?! :lol: )

I will be where kernan passes the road at 7am white chevy wr with #81 6194381864 Aaron black diamond for me hope to see ya there

I will be way late, technical difficulties, will try to catch up.