Butterfield Ranch is a great central location to base for dual-sport adventures in the desert and local mountains. Accommodations can be pretty reasonable if shared and it's a good way to get off the wet ground for a night or two if you get caught in some sour Winter weather.

I was by there this weekend again and they mentioned they could use some nice reviews on tripadvisor.com if you have an account there:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3...California.html

If you don't sign up there at least post a few comments here as they'll propagate across the internet just as well! :unsure:

what was her name? Sheila?

She was awesome... she hugged me the first time she met me, since I was with "the desert dash"... she was very helpful, as was the rest of the staff.

easy pull in spots for the big boxes, like The Schwinn Inn... sites were level and clean

What a GREAT time of year to enjoy a mild night, wake up to the snowcapped mountains, and very tolerable weather for all of Anza Borrego just around the corner!

A good store, with most of what you might've forgotten to bring (the ran out of shampoo), including campfire necessities like weiners, mallows and popcorn.

The pool was crystal clear, if a little on the chilly side.

Both rooms (the big screen room and the billiard room) were well maintained, clean and comfy.

It's a wonderful spot to camp in the desert. Very scenic and just the ticket to get away from the crowded OHV areas, if you are not into that sort of thing. And of course, close to many of the dual sport trails that are out there that were used for the Dez Dash. :ok:

I read a couple of the negative reviews for Butterfield and all I could do was think, "huh???"

What did those people expect, Vegas style accommodations??? This is the type of place to get AWAY from the city and enjoy quiet peaceful nights with family or friends. I really enjoyed the place and I will return for SURE.

Yeah, I loved the one from "peruvian princess" that complained it was windy...

I was not there, so I cannot post anything. But if you liked them, it looks like they could use the bump on tripadvisor.

hmmm; it was windy halfway between the low desert and the 6000 foot peaks; as one who has mountain biked in 80mph gusts, I will say 15 mph winds are breezy, but depending on temp, manageable.

As far as the no talent ass clown that complained there was nothing to do: depending on your ability to make your own fun, Paris, NYC, or the grand canyon could be boring. I don't know what he was led to believe, but I thought the accommodations were pretty good.

This year was the best ever, full hookups and extra days.

I did not get time to enjoy the accomidations till Monday. We stayed an extra day and did not want to leave. Sheila and her staff exceeded all our needs. The support was phenomanal.

We are planning more stays in the near future.

This past Desert Dash was the first time I have been to Butterfield Ranch but it will not be the last. My wife and I plan on going back for a weekend the next chance we get. It is a great place and the staff was really nice. I would have no problem reccomending it to anyone planning on riding the area.

This was my 4th multiple day stay at Butterfield. It will not be my last. Each and every time has been a unique and fun experience. The place has always been clean, and everything worked, so I have not needed to contact the hosts often. However the few times I did, I was met with a cheerful person that actually wanted to help. :tease: Ken

JohnnyBags and I had the chance to talk with Sheila about the new owners.

As I recall she said that they are not treating her very well and as a result she and her husband are are leaving Butterfield for a job in Yosemite this spring. She mentioned that the mobile home owners would become the managers by committee, a cost saving measure by the new owners.

Hope the great atmosphere there stays the same; Sheila certainly contributed to the warmth and fun of the place.

Shela and her husband will both be missed. I read that comment that there is nothing to do and couldnt stop laughing, Sheila organizes daily hikes and there is horse back riding, swimming, jaccuzi, horseshoes, and if you bring your toys there is mountain biking and offroading galore or just plain relaxing.

all nice things-

do them the favor of copy/paste you kind comments on tripadvisor.com. The social media business is HUGE for them, and your kind comments will make a difference. The link is provided in the first post.

I too enjoyed my stay.. I also signed up and left some comments for them. Thanks for starting this post.