bikeslut

My roughest work day in years

seriously... today was just one of those days from Hell... employees not knowing what to do, every time i turned around, another one was on break, no sales in the morning;all in the afternoon, had to run payroll TWICE because of some stupid municipal law, had to pay ALL of my bills within a two hour window, new products and services to sell...

Roughest 6 hour day EVER...

YES... I was a volunteer at the Junior Achievement Biz Town in Mission Valley, and had to run the airport with 5 Fifth graders...

More war stories to follow after I do some real work... :clapping:

Must be nice to have a job. Bragger!

YOU can volunteer at Biz Town any day! Really... it was like opening a new restaurant...

First laugh: Each business has to run payroll, run the business and pay bills. Cox Communication kid comes by to pick up the payment... my 9 year old CFO says, "I haven't even touched the phone... come back later"

First "awwwww" moment... keep in mind these fifth graders were from a pretty poor area... somebody from another "store" comes by to collect their money... my CFO pays them... I said, "you already paid them"... he says, "but they asked me to pay them again"... "do you give money to everybody that asks for it?".... He says, "a lot of people are worse off than I am, like maybe they're homeless, so if I have some money, and they need it more, I'll give it to them"

The electric company comes by to determine our electrical bill... How many lights do you have? He says, we are leaving them all off to save electricity... we ended up getting the award for conservation...

really... i don't want to ever do it again, but I'm glad I did it...

He says, "a lot of people are worse off than I am, like maybe they're homeless, so if I have some money, and they need it more, I'll give it to them"

Somebody- QUICK! Get him a copy of Atlas Shrugged while there's still time.

Otherwise, this poor child may become a democrat.

Ohhh, the humanity!!

He can have mine. I will even throw in a copy of The Fountainhead. :clapping: Ken

He says, "a lot of people are worse off than I am, like maybe they're homeless, so if I have some money, and they need it more, I'll give it to them"

Don't get me STARTED on Bi-Partisan Politics! I hope that by the time this class gets to vote, they will not be incarcerated, and issues are more important than party lines...

Yeah; the kids had a slow first hour, so while I was making a loan payment, they decided they should charge less for everything, and they sold out... my "MARGINS" speech, and "SUPPLY AND DEMAND" speech fell on deaf ears... we ended up $57 short for the day... For anybody that has spare time, DON"T DO IT! It was seriously work!

Just get home and hunker down, stay warm, get ready for the weather. Do something that will get you to sleep early without worry. I will give you a holler again soon. Take it easy. :)

Hey Bikeslut, I'll trade you one of my work days for the one that you just had here in this thread. :)

Hey Bikeslut, I'll trade you one of my work days for the one that you just had here in this thread. :rolleyes:

well, i did get paid my normal rate... do we trade salaries, too? :unsure:

Speaking of which... I just got a summary of my entire compensation packet for 2008... it included my base salary, my bonus, long term incentive and...

benefits... they compute out the benefits for insurance (didn't use any for me this year), sick days (like I EVER take those), vacation days (I spend my vacation days on the computer working anyway)... If I could get that money in cash, i would be very well off... benefits account for a large % of my "compensation"

That being said; I love my job, and the people I work with, and would do it for less money... :unsure: don't tell anyone....

Back on the day... Mimi... I've raised 6 kids... I was NOT prepared...there were 145 5th graders running around this place... kids used to little money around the house, and they were earning money to SPEND... it was insane,.... and i had to run the International Airport...without TSA!

OK... enough complaining

Hey Bikeslut, I'll trade you one of my work days for the one that you just had here in this thread. :rolleyes:

well, i did get paid my normal rate... do we trade salaries, too? :unsure:

What's a salary? For that matter what's all this about insurance and vacation pay and sick pay? :huh::blink:

None of that exists at my job. :unsure:

I work with sixth graders every day, that will wear a person out!