Sign in to follow this  
robertaccio

AMA Western Hare Scrambles 7-8MAR09

Anyone in? I am signed 40B for race 6 0915 Sun Morn race 5 (2hour)

http://www.westernharescrambles.com/home.php

this is the replacement for the venerable Tecate HS (not really but that is how I think of it)

The pros race 7 (3 hour) starts at 1200 and is worth watching, there should be a fair amount of top offroad pros there.

PS just rode RynoLand yesterday with a Dirt Rider Magazine event,,that place is epic with super cool single track for the Hare Scramble.

I won't be riding in the race but may be able to help out in the pits. I'll let you know during the week before the race.

Jon

spoke with Sean Reddish today they are plugging the www.westernharescrambles.com site for track help and spotters for the event. It should be really good,,R

I was sort of planning on racing this but doubt I will be healed enough for that one.

My friends have been out to the track and loved it. Especially the single track stuff. DO IT!

reschedules until weekend of 7-8 MAR09 due to weather

start time changes for the Sun events race 5 unclass 0800 40 min (pro sighting laps) race 6 0915 B riders 2 hour and race 7 1200 AA/A riders 3 hour

5th sen b from 15 starters on our row,,, very pleased with my lap times especially my fastest lap as beat some of riding buddies that are faster than me. and my climb up in positions throughout the race 8,7,6, 5,5,5

Brad check out the site it rocks with all the transponder data

www.westernharescrambles.com results overall 22 from 51 starters

great work! Were there photographers there? Got photos?

I tried to look at the results on that site, but couldn't figure it out??

I like going through the photos and watching who is ahead of me and behind me at each lap. Kinda like replaying the race.

See you at superstition next week! Good luck.

yeah you are right its not clear on access so,,,,search my number 117H then you can get inside to see all the info for everyone and all the classes. the transponder thing rules!!

Very cool watching yourself climb up the ladder. Hopefully you got to roost some people on the way by!

I don't know what the difference between 450 class and open classes are, but if you guys all did the same course, those guys were killing it with 15 minute laps.

same course all day,, pros are so fast compared to us its insane,,,, ricky d was even that much faster than all the other pros until he broke. those guys ride mostly on their feet in full moto mode for 3 freakin hours of trail bashing,,super super aggro!! it is very fun to watch!! cya in the dez,, then I am takin a break!!! I got a few manzanita marks from this one!

the classes are in the WORCS/ West HS book,,, 450 class means anyone with a 450 can enter from Pro to Am and open means all bike sizes and all levels can enter, neither is a help for amatuers beacuse you would race against experts/pros in those classes. for the Husky fans (me) Kevin Urquhart came from dead last at the pro start to a 5th place finish OA,,, his freakin seat fell off going into the first turn!!! some one did not seat the dzus faster!!!!!!

here's vid from Pro Moto of the pros on the course,,we all rode the same course them 3hrs, B riders (me) 2hrs.

http://promoto.tv/