TrophyHunter

Finding Lost Camera

May be old news, or maybe I'm just old, but after losing a $200 camera at CC, I resorted to this.

Scribble your name and phone number on a piece of paper and take a picture of it. At least if someone finds your wife's camera you borrowed with the only pics of her daughters first day of 3rd grade on it even though you told her to download them in case something like this happened, they can return it (hopefully).

my contribution to humanity for today :hunter:

someones in the doghouse!

Already replaced the camera with a newer version....but feel bad about the irreplaceable pics :(

Already replaced the camera with a newer version....but feel bad about the irreplaceable pics :(

yeah, I know how that feels. I had a regular film camera years ago. It had an almost fully shot roll of film in it when I slipped on a wet boat deck out at the 302 and the camera went flying out of my hand and overboard. I looked over and watched it wander out of sight in the clear blue salt water. :(

I had a memory card take a crap on my after an epic weekend..... So I feel your pain about losing the pics.

You'd be surprised what can be recovered from a memory card. Even after multiple re-formatting, shooting, etc. I've pulled images off cards that had been shot weeks/months prior. If you still have the card, you can get file recovery apps for free...

Might try it!

p

I'm out...I'm out!!!! :)

Among the great things that can happen when you take your wife, her daughter & her daughter's friend to Disneyland for Valentine's Day, trudging through crowds, waiting in lines, eating mediocre food like you'd get at Sea World......

You reach into the backpack for the replacement camera you bought you're loving wife after losing her camera at PV.......and........

Evidently, I DID remove the thing from my gear bag like I thought and it went into the backpack to a soccer game....put there by "anunknownadultfemalewithmysamelastname" :air_kiss: Weeeeeha! Now she has two small cameras.

The purging of guilt was an almost religious experience, similar to confession except without the weird voice beyond the screen. BTW, I gave up Catholicism for Lent. B)