http://www.rescuetape.com/?gclid=CNqiztqHjZgCFR0SagodEx_BjQ

Whilst basking in the newness of some work done at C & D, I ask Steve a question all shop owners love to hear..

"anything else ya wanna sell me?"

Before a songbird (not FN, but a real songbird) could finish a note, I was holding a package of Rescue Tape. Wow, I thought, with the confused wonder of a child in a candy store...Rescue Tape.

I threw it in the camelback/tool kit after reading it's claims. Well, it came out during a recent trip to SS. My neighbor and camping buddy showed up after we did and was spewing from the fresh water tank. He either stress cracked or hit a rock on a fitting, which if left unattended would have ended his planned 5 days. The plants would have loved the extra 100 gallon dump, but......

He wrapped the fitting (cracked right next to where it entered the tank) while it was watering the desert with Rescue Tape and slowed the leak to an occasional drip. Worked GREAT! Not much to remove it after he got home. I haven't tried it on hot hoses (and hope I never have to) but it's rated for 700 PSI & 500 degrees.

The only caution is make sure it's where you want it during the first wrap cuz it STICKS to itself! You can always cut it off and start again but it's STICKY.

It's pricey, but it does half of what is advertised it is well worth putting in the fanny pack. Right next to the cable ties and roll of black electrical tape. :spiteful:

Do they sell this at Home Depot, Loews or an equivalent home center?

Thanks for the head's up Trophy Hunter!

I count $12 cheap if it gets me back from the middle of nowhere. I don't know all of the locations it's sold but you can buy it online...ck your favorite cycle shop....or just stand in the middle of C&D with a dumb look on your face like I did (do).

I saw some hanging on a peg in a little dirt bike accessory shop, thought it looked like a good idea and then saw what it cost and left it there. maybe I'll stop back in and pick some up after all.

I saw some hanging on a peg in a little dirt bike accessory shop, thought it looked like a good idea and then saw what it cost and left it there. maybe I'll stop back in and pick some up after all.

I picked up a couple rolls a few years back when the stuff first came out. I grabbed it from a SCUBA show I went to. Check boat shops, I think the stuff originated in the marine industry...

I've used it for minor repairs, but I've heard of guys patching radiator hoses and the like with it successfully...

I saw that stuff at the fred hall fishing and boat show last year. I almost picked some up I'll have to make it a point to do so this year. I think they had some kinda deal too were it was pretty cheap.

I bought a roll at All American KTM a year or so ago but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. And thats a good thing. :lol:

On the website, it shows where to buy it........many truck stops, and Ace Hardware, Bass Pro Shops, etc.

Or, support your local bike shop who may carry it !!

As mctrails said, All American KTM in Ramona.