Sign in to follow this  
jed

My Yamaha CT1 At Lark/Mc Cain

My friend John on the Honda and a shot of my CT1 with cooler of barley sodas on back at Lark

I know! The rest of you check it out. I think one could just slide a quarter in there. Has anyone ever drilled one of those out before? If so what were the results?

I know! The rest of you check it out. I think one could just slide a quarter in there. Has anyone ever drilled one of those out before? If so what were the results?

One result guaranteed will be an increase in decibels. I am not sure that it will make any real noticeable difference in your power. Those things didn't have any discernible expansion chamber design to them. :lol:

By the way, my first bike was the little brother of your bike, an HT1. Brings back good memories. :lol:

2-26-2008100953AM.jpg

Yeah I saw all of your old pictures on your old post and saw that bike. I think alot of people rode those Yamis back then. Every time I take mine out for a ride a person likes to talk with me about it. Some claim that some came back on navy ships with oversea veterans by the thousands. Or that a bunch were imported at the time.

Also, when I cruise it around the neighborhood the sheriff always looks. The sound of a two stroke catches his attention and then he sees the plate and its all ok. The two stroke is grandfathered in for street legality for those years. That bike gets me a lot of attention . When I take it to OW with my old school helmet and a bandana and sun glasses going up a berm, people check it out B)

I had a 1986 KDX200 that I had plated, but bad times forced me to regrettably sell it. I didn't ride it much lately, but I owned it for more than 20 years and have a lot of fond memories of trail riding, desert riding, enduro competition and riding it on the pavement as well. Wish I could have kept it, but I really needed the money at the time. B)

Good old Bentley....

100_0020.jpg

Both cops and rangers liked to take a long look at the bike and sometimes check the registration too.

hey jed i have a 69 ct1 i am looking to restore. Any ideas on where to locate parts, i need the complete pipe and some gaskets for the carb and some suspension work.

hey jed i have a 69 ct1 i am looking to restore. Any ideas on where to locate parts, i need the complete pipe and some gaskets for the carb and some suspension work.

Bike Bandit had a bunch of parts listed for your bike, Also when I had a 1972 AT1 I got parts from Speed and Sport Inc. They have the largest Yamaha NOS part inventory in the USA. www.speedandsport.com

I will be stopping by Escondido Cycle Supply this week and will check if Scott has a pipe for your bike.

I have a couple plated Hodaka's, maybe sometime we will get a vintage trail ride together.

Kelly

I have a couple plated Hodaka's.

Sigh.....wish I still had my plated DKW and Bultaco Frontera. :unsure:

wow you owned a Dampf Kraft Wagen!!!!!!!!! did yours have the earles fork????? super cool!!

Quick, what has six speeds, and twelve neutrals?

If you’ve been around dirt bikes for any amount of time, you’ll know that answer:

Anything with a DKW motor in it.

Ebay (I mean Fee Bay) is where I scored all of my parts. Keep looking there cause people part out their bikes. Good luck.

Bike Bandit had a bunch of parts listed for your bike, Also when I had a 1972 AT1 I got parts from Speed and Sport Inc. They have the largest Yamaha NOS part inventory in the USA. www.speedandsport.com

I will be stopping by Escondido Cycle Supply this week and will check if Scott has a pipe for your bike.

I have a couple plated Hodaka's, maybe sometime we will get a vintage trail ride together.

Kelly

thanks for the info and if a pipe is n let me know. again thank you