Jaynen

Good Auto shop for Tires in North County?

So the wifes tires are looking kind of worn. She started to drive to work today and was hydroplaning so bad she pulled over and I had to pick her up and we carpooled. She had some cheapy brand on for about 30,000 miles but I think she needs some better quality.

I don't know where to go in north county for decent prices and reliable service. She might need an alignment as well and I will need some brake work and tires on the truck soonish.

Thanks

So the wifes tires are looking kind of worn. She started to drive to work today and was hydroplaning so bad she pulled over and I had to pick her up and we carpooled. She had some cheapy brand on for about 30,000 miles but I think she needs some better quality.

I don't know where to go in north county for decent prices and reliable service. She might need an alignment as well and I will need some brake work and tires on the truck soonish.

Thanks

I go to PepBoys for my tires. I like their warranty the best there, and they are no haggle/no hassle.

I've been happy with Discount Tire. Got my truck tires there, and have returned for rotations, etc. Not bad- but I don't think they do alignment.

fn

I also go to Discount Tire. They have always beat everyone elses price. Going through them for all my vehicles, they have done so many repairs, rotations for free. They are everywhere in case of trouble on the road.

ARCHIBALD TIRE AND AUTO. Full service in San Marcos, Talk to Bob Archibald only, and tell him I sent ya, Steve Heavirland from our motorcycle club. I have known him since I was 10. And worked there and going to college when I was younger and he is a family friend. He is located behind the Arbys down the street from San Marcos High School off San Marcos Blvd. 760-752-1333

I've been real happy with discount tires as well. It's the first place I think of.

Regarding auto work I take all my vehicles to Allen's Auto, Inc. in Vista 760-945-0778.

He's always busy, but can always get my cars in right away and fixed within hours and very HONEST and reasonable on price.

Can't say enough about him, highly recommend him.

I've been real happy with discount tires as well. It's the first place I think of.

Regarding auto work I take all my vehicles to Allen's Auto, Inc. in Vista 760-945-0778.

He's always busy, but can always get my cars in right away and fixed within hours and very HONEST and reasonable on price.

Can't say enough about him, highly recommend him.

Thanks, I have been looking for a good local mechanic for years. :) Ken

I do everything but tires. At Ronnie's Service Center in Escondido. Been in business for over 40 years. I sell parts to Allen at Allen's Auto Repair. If you have ever bought a radiator or A/C work from Allen's then you have bought from me. 760-746-6931 The shop number. I work out of our wholesale warehouse. 760-291-1580 If I can help with anything.

Great thanks guys. If I go to Archibald for the tires is Bob normally around or would people find it weird for me to be asking for him?

Great thanks guys. If I go to Archibald for the tires is Bob normally around or would people find it weird for me to be asking for him?

Bob is usually around monday thru thursday and leaves around 3:00pm call ahead and ask for him.

I had been having good luck with Discount tire in Escondido and I bought my tires for the Jeep there, but the last time I went there to have a flat repaired, they stripped the lug bolts on one of my rear wheels and then told me that "who ever changed the tire for you in the desert stripped your lug nuts and bolts". I got pretty mad, because I was the one who changed that tire in the desert, I called the manager out on that one and made him foot the 125 dollar bill for fixing the wheel. I guess he thought he could fib and get out of trouble, but it just made him some more trouble. <_< This time, I went to an Express Tire for my Ranger.