iparky

newbie here in Temecula

Good Morning all. I have been lurking around these place for a few month now, and decided if I want to ride with everyone. I too have one of those Orange bikes (KTM 530EXCr) so there will not only be one out there. I love to ride the Desert, been going to Ocotillo Wells for the past 5 years on my E model DRZ400. Decided that I need more adventure and when the KTM came out with the new Dual Sport I had to have one. I would put me in the intermediate catagory, don't really like to ride WOT everywhere I go, want to enjoy the area too. Would love to go on ride up in the North County, i.e. Palomar Mtn, Anza, Idywilde. I have done some exploring by my self in the mountains to the west of Temecula, I was way out on dirt roads (trails) to locked gates probably that entered wilderness in the Cleveland. Don't like being that far out by myself. Would love to take the road that connects the Tenja Trail head all the way to Hwy 74, past the OHV area in up on the Ortega then down into elsinore for gas and head home.

I work for a North Comm a dispatch agency for north SD county, also I am a Reserve Firefighter for Fallbrook. I work a typical FF schedule, if off Sat/Sun I will most likely be in Ocotillo Wells. Some weekend day rides are possible, but usually spending time with the family. Anyone in the north county, Hit me up, we can ride on my days off during the week almost anytime.

Mike

welcome Mike. I'm a newbie too and have met and ridden with several of the members here. Great group of people here. Jump in on any of the posted rides and your sure to have a blast.

See ya on the trail

Toss another pumpkin into the patch! Welcome to the club, see you on the trail.

Ditto on tlking6's comments. Welcome aboard!

Everyone I've met so far has been helpful and willing to ride anything to get a ride in. A lot of experience levels around so it's easy to find a ride that fits.

ahoy there!!!

glad to see more faces in the boards!!!

sounds like i need to visit some of the places you got planned.

there's a few NC people in here, so that's def possible :lol:

welcome and enjoy the fun!

Blind :lol:

Welcome Mike. There are lost of North County riders now, used to be just a handfull of us. Look forward to riding with you. :lol: Ken in Vista

Welcome!

I work in Temecula and live on SD/Riverside Co. line so the trails north and west of me would be great to ride with ya!

:lol:

Would love to take the road that connects the Tenja Trail head all the way to Hwy 74, past the OHV area in up on the Ortega then down into elsinore for gas and head home.

Welcome!

I am not far from you and fairly new here. This may be my second post. Anyway, I started to take the Teneja Trail a couple of weeks ago from Clinton Keith headed north. I got a little spooked and turn back at the first turnout because it was pretty creepy being out there by myself. I mostly road ride due to my bike. I will try it again because it seemed like it could be a fun ride. Like I say, I just get a little freaked out in unfamiliar surroundings.

I have taken South Main Divide to the OHV park from the 74, but never from Clinton Keith. I want to complete that loop at some point. I would like to start at Rancho Cal where it turns into De Luz.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I have gone from Clinton Keith Rd to Hwy 74 and it's no big deal. What kind of bike are you riding?

Have you been riding in the Wildomar OHV area? I did about a half hour in there all by myself on a weekday last week. I helps to have a map and a GPS, because I kept going around the same loop. When do you normally ride?

Steve

Would love to take the road that connects the Tenja Trail head all the way to Hwy 74, past the OHV area in up on the Ortega then down into elsinore for gas and head home.

Welcome!

I am not far from you and fairly new here. This may be my second post. Anyway, I started to take the Teneja Trail a couple of weeks ago from Clinton Keith headed north. I got a little spooked and turn back at the first turnout because it was pretty creepy being out there by myself. I mostly road ride due to my bike. I will try it again because it seemed like it could be a fun ride. Like I say, I just get a little freaked out in unfamiliar surroundings.

I have taken South Main Divide to the OHV park from the 74, but never from Clinton Keith. I want to complete that loop at some point. I would like to start at Rancho Cal where it turns into De Luz.

Jim