Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

Webb's RV in Lakeside

Didn't see an RV shop section so hope this was the right place to put this.

1st experience okay...fixed my AC and checked all appliances.

Then a fuse blew...every time I hit the outside light switch. Never happened before the 1st visit. Hmmm. Maybe some crossup while fixing the AC. I was told they were 2 separate systems when I dropped it off yesterday. Agreed to let them check why the fuse was blowing. I'd do this stuff myself but just running out of time.

The explaination was the wires were backwards on the outside light. Odd, since it worked before. Charged an hour ...$95 plus another half for checking the electrical system (I did approve this but was led to believe it would be an hour total). I pre-approved 2 new batteries but wasn't told I'd be charged ANOTHER half hour for the install. $190 labor for putting two batteries in, pulling a light and switching the wires (I understand there is some diagnostic time) and making sure the plugs work? I'm still baffled how the wires were on wrong.......

They didn't like my explaination for why I thought the bill was too high. Their answer was "ya can't just walk to it"

If I'm whinin', flame me and RAD can delete this post.

Doesn't sound like fun to me. Might wanna take that one higher up the food chain there. Worked before you took it in, didn't when you got it back. That sux.

I like San Diego Trailer on El Cajon Blvd. They added the brake system and Drive shaft disconnect to my Toyota Tacoma and the controller to my class A. Dave is the head service guy plus owner of the store. Very good place.

......Might wanna take that one higher up the food chain there.

The owner was the quoted "ya can't just walk to it". Ran out of chain.

I will try SDT on ECB per Socal if the need arises. I just need to make time to do stuff myself. I convinced my wife I need all the tools I have so....

Thx B)

Then a fuse blew...every time I hit the outside light switch. Never happened before the 1st visit. Hmmm. Maybe some crossup while fixing the AC. I was told they were 2 separate systems when I dropped it off yesterday. Agreed to let them check why the fuse was blowing. I'd do this stuff myself but just running out of time.

The explaination was the wires were backwards on the outside light. Odd, since it worked before. Charged an hour ...$95 plus another half for checking the electrical system (I did approve this but was led to believe it would be an hour total). I pre-approved 2 new batteries but wasn't told I'd be charged ANOTHER half hour for the install. $190 labor for putting two batteries in, pulling a light and switching the wires (I understand there is some diagnostic time) and making sure the plugs work?

Sounds like car repair places. I needed my truck repaired quickly in the middle of the week a while back, so I dropped it off at a place that was still open at 5 in the evening and they gouged me for a couple hundred bucks in labor and double what the parts would have cost me if I went to buy them myself. :lol:

didnt know a DC light could be "hooked up backwards"

Not to stir the pot.... But...

I didn't know DC could be backwards on a light either, seems like the light element would burn long before a fuse. If you hooked the deep cycle batteries backwards, there's a fuse that would pop, or if the wires to the light were touching each other. Outside of that, it's news to me. The AC and DC power are on separate systems, fixing the Air Conditioner shouldn't cross paths with an exterior light. Sounds like you need a better explaination. That's a high labor cost for changing polarity on a light and not installing, but swapping out a couple of deep cycle batteries. You did the troubleshooting for them on the light to boot.

My experience with RV repair shops has typically been shady to say the least. I just had a dealer/service shop in Poway (there's only one) do my brakes and pack the bearings. While towing the trailer home, I smelled the worst brake burn smell I've ever experienced. I took it back the next day. All 4 wheels wouldn't spin. The brakes weren't backed off after inital adjustment. The service manager and owner were nice, but relatively unapologetic. I did get a free exterior wash from them next time I come in for service. Right! Don't see that happening...

I feel like grousing about those oil change places. Because I am rather short on money, I have started to do my own oil changes again. I used to do them all the time years ago, but my body doesn't like lying on the pavement and ooching under a truck to fiddle with the drain plug. But, anyway since my pocketbook doesn't like paying high prices for somebody else to do the work, I was changing the oil on the Jeep today. The Jeep has enough ground clearance to be fairly accessible and the oil filter is pretty easy to reach also. I pulled the drain plug on it, and was lying there watching the black oil gush out and out and out and....hey wait a minute, the oil pan holds over seven quarts of oil and my Jeep is only supposed to hold about 4 and a half. Why is the pan about to overflow. I ran to get another container, but too late....oil went all over the driveway. :P There must have been about 10 quarts of oil in that Jeep and I had been driving it around most of the summer like that! I'm surprised that it didn't spring a leak with that much motor oil in it. I am guessing that the guy at the Valvoline oil change place (in Escondido, on Mission) put oil in it, got distracted and then put oil in it again last time I took the car in for oil. I would have never known, if I hadn't gone to change the oil myself, today. :o

Update: Left a voicemail at Webbs informing them they lost a customer over $100 and an absolute refusal to discuss a reduction.

Been a week....no call trying to earn the business back. Things must be good there.

people don't care about anything and they forget that customers have access to public forums on-line, speaking of which, you can post your complaint on the BBB website for all to see. I often check there to see if businesses have complaints against them.