Crawdaddy

XPlane crash site tour inclusive of Husky Monument

Looks like this will be the next ride I am able to do since I have company comming into town until the 5th. I still have not decided if I am going to gear up the Husky a little and ride it, or take the DRZ. I am looking forward to the ride. Is there any sort of a head count yet? :blink: Ken

Looks like this will be the next ride I am able to do since I have company comming into town until the 5th. I still have not decided if I am going to gear up the Husky a little and ride it, or take the DRZ. I am looking forward to the ride. Is there any sort of a head count yet? :blink: Ken

Here's a listing of those that have expressed interest.......it would be nice if we could have a final head count by Monday the 5th......see earlier posts for info on the ride....

Crawdaddy and Jarrett (the junior member of the Crawdad Racing Team)

Pirate Monkey

Strega

Zenosan

Dirt Dame (maybe)

Fakename

Tlking6

Yeti (maybe)

tntmo

Joiliet

Jaynen

Bagstr

Christi (maybe)

Kris

Blind in 1 ear

Akcooper9

TomH

Dirty adventurer

Kevin, X # of other Ghostriderz, & possible "Ghostly" jeep support vehicle....

We'll be pulling out of Barstow at 6:30am/Hinkley at 7am on Sat the 10th......it's really too far away to drive in Sat morning and be suited up/ready to roll out of Hinkley by 7am (IMHO)......so Strega and I will be sharing a room at the Ramada in Barstow Friday night, I seem to recall Fakey saying he snores too damn loud to share a room so he'll be booking solo/sound proof accommodations at the Ramada.......others should probably pair up to cut down on Friday night room expense.....

I still have not decided if I am going to gear up the Husky a little and ride it, or take the DRZ.

Welp, your bike of choice decision is about to get a bit tougher :blink::D:)

I tweaked my Garmin file/game plan a bit this morning (even though I was.... hmmmm, how shall I phrase this? :blink: , "encouraged" :declare: :good: .... to get outside and erect XMAS lights on the house).....anyway, I added short morning and afternoon "Hero" sections off the standard/main route just to liven the ride up a bit for you more advanced riders that may get a bit bored with the standard/mellow route/pace.....it'll still be about the same ~200 mile day if you opt to ride the Hero sections......not much of a difference in total miles, the Hero sections just incorporate a subset of miles with a different twist. ;):good::P

I'll be leading the main group on the standard (green) route on my Adv bike on Sat.....the main route is suitable for ALL bikes (Adv or Dual Sport).....Hero (red) tracks recommended for Dual Sports ONLY..... unless you're an advanced rider on a ADV bike....regardless, you've been informed/cautioned :o:P

I'm also looking at adding a ~175 mile Sunday loop for any folks thinking about staying Sat night in Barstow and riding again on Sunday. Figured I oughta throw in something new on Sunday rather than a repeat of Saturday's ride....the optional Sunday ride will have both easy/hard options too....I'll have Roger post a link to the revised (final? :huh::lol::o ) Garmin file once I'm through toying with it....stay tuned....

Think I'd better head outside with those lights now :hang1:

Looks like this will be the next ride I am able to do since I have company comming into town until the 5th. I still have not decided if I am going to gear up the Husky a little and ride it, or take the DRZ. I am looking forward to the ride. Is there any sort of a head count yet? :good: Ken

Here's a listing of those that have expressed interest.......it would be nice if we could have a final head count by Monday the 5th......see earlier posts for info on the ride....

Crawdaddy and Jarrett (the junior member of the Crawdad Racing Team)

Pirate Monkey

Strega

Zenosan

Dirt Dame (maybe)

Fakename

Tlking6

Yeti (maybe)

tntmo

Joiliet

Jaynen

Bagstr

Christi (maybe)

Kris

Blind in 1 ear

Akcooper9

TomH

Dirty adventurer

Kevin, X # of other Ghostriderz, & possible "Ghostly" jeep support vehicle....

We'll be pulling out of Barstow at 6:30am/Hinkley at 7am on Sat the 10th......it's really too far away to drive in Sat morning and be suited up/ready to roll out of Hinkley by 7am (IMHO)......so Strega and I will be sharing a room at the Ramada in Barstow Friday night, I seem to recall Fakey saying he snores too damn loud to share a room so he'll be booking solo/sound proof accommodations at the Ramada.......others should probably pair up to cut down on Friday night room expense.....

I am also looking forward to this ride. I'm in.

Todd

Don - noted your schedule.......perhaps weekend of Jan 9-11??......I'll check with Kathy to see if we have anything else on the books.....

Craw...are we still shooting for this weekend?

Don - noted your schedule.......perhaps weekend of Jan 9-11??......I'll check with Kathy to see if we have anything else on the books.....

Craw...are we still shooting for this weekend?

Yes, drive up Friday the 9th, ride Sat the 10th

Very nice...I am looking forward to this ride...let me know what I can do to help transport people or bikes up.

Very nice...I am looking forward to this ride...

Me too.....I've ridden through some of the open desert north of Barstow on various LA-B-V rides, Death Valley excursions, etc. but I haven't stopped to smell the ....sagebrush? :D:) ......or check out some of the other sites we'll see so I'm looking forward to checking out the area :)

First stop once we leave Hinkley (provided it's not raining - flash flood area): "Rainbow Basin"

I'm thinking I'd like like to head out and do THIS ride sometime in January.....tentative date is 1/9-11

I'd probably head out Friday night and drive Barstow. Then wake up at O-Dark thirty on Sat., drive over to the Hinkley area, unload, ride the loop, load up, drive home Sat. night or possibly stay in Ridgecrest on Sat night and ride around a bit in the area on Sunday morning ( Trona Pinnacles, etc.) before heading home......I'll re-post once I'm more set on the timeframe/gameplan....

I'll probably be trailering for this ride regardless of which bike I decide to take........really have no interest in slabbing it from here to 4 corners.....or riding a ~200 mile loop on Sat followed by another ~200 miles of BORING superslab to get home (if I choose to come home Sat night.....)

If my family ski plan to go to Sierra Summit that weekend changes, I'd be very interested in going and doing a two day.

Sounds like the ride is only Saturday, so I'm planning on arriving Friday afternoon, riding and returning Saturday evening.

Meeting at Hinkley, 7am, then I'll need to do some jetting, change the plug, chain adjusting, a tire change and then get gas, but that wont take very long. We can get riding after that's all done.

Meeting at Hinkley, 7am, then I'll need to do some jetting, change the plug, chain adjusting, a tire change and then get gas, but that wont take very long. We can get riding after that's all done.

I'm not taking the bait :rolleyes::blink:

Sounds like the ride is only Saturday, so I'm planning on arriving Friday afternoon, riding and returning Saturday evening.

There will be tracks for day 2, if anyone so chooses. Crawdaddy is working up some sweet stuff for all levels of riders on both days. Can't wait to do this trip!!

If I survive the first day, I'd be interested in a morning ride on Sunday, but I'd want to get home with some family time that evening.

Crawdaddy- I may need some help dialing in my suspension, setting the static sag per Golden Rule and I think my valves might need just a little adjusting- will you be bringing any tools?

while you are in there, you should consider new fork oil and some revalving. Maybe start. At 6:45 so you don't get a late start

I plan on riding Saturday only. Just haven't figured out which bike yet. May not decide until Friday the 9th. :rolleyes: Ken

You forgot clutch adjustment, bar adjustment, tire pressure, and shift lever height.

If I survive the first day, I'd be interested in a morning ride on Sunday, but I'd want to get home with some family time that evening.

Crawdaddy- I may need some help dialing in my suspension, setting the static sag per Golden Rule and I think my valves might need just a little adjusting- will you be bringing any tools?

:rolleyes::blink: ....still not biting.....

You forgot clutch adjustment, bar adjustment, tire pressure, and shift lever height.

bring an electric knife and some foam, and re-do the seat; you may want to start this part Friday night

Just a quick top end rebuild Saturday morning and I'll be ready to roll. <_< Funny stuff guys!

Anywho.....is there anyone driving up Friday, riding Saturday and heading home that evening? I would be a willing co-pilot, or could use a willing co-pilot.

Just a quick top end rebuild Saturday morning and I'll be ready to roll. <_< Funny stuff guys!

Anywho.....is there anyone driving up Friday, riding Saturday and heading home that evening? I would be a willing co-pilot, or could use a willing co-pilot.

I am considering doing exactly that... Have to wait until my wifes promotion interview, final paper for school, and Xmas is over before I even bring up the subject... I may be dum but I'm not stupid

I am considering doing exactly that... Have to wait until my wifes promotion interview, final paper for school, and Xmas is over before I even bring up the subject... I may be dum but I'm not stupid

It's a definite maybe for me too. I'm waiting until that week, about Wednesday to ask the wife. I'm sure she will say "Do whatever you want,"........ which means I can do whatever I want........right?

It's a definite maybe for me too. I'm waiting until that week, about Wednesday to ask the wife. I'm sure she will say "Do whatever you want,"........ which means I can do whatever I want........right?

yes; especially if she says "do whatever the F you want" that is just her way of showing enthusiasm for your hobbies.

Count me in for this ride. Curious as to how many people heading home Saturday night??

I'll be riding my 530. Easier to pull out of the mud.

Wayne

Looks like we've got over 20 riders now. Should this be moved to the 'Official Rides' forum now? hehe

Definitely gonna have to split into 2 groups with this many people, there will be plenty of radios all around I'm sure so we'll have no problems keeping in contact.

Maybe this needs to be a new yearly ride for our group ;)