Sign in to follow this  
bluefin2na

COMING OUT OF CORAL CANYON

I was coming out of coral canyon today, when getting on why8west bound, a mid size white pickup came on the ramp from pine valley. In the back of this truck was a KTM which had XXXXXracing on the radiator plastic. Also THERE was a TEAM GREEN KLX ( i think) in the back.

I was the guy in full gear on the KLR, i was trying to tell you that your plastics were ready to snap off from being bent back and fourth from the wind, which at the time i saw it, it seemed unsafe.

IF you are a member here, you might want to check your bike, the driver never looked my way, no matter how much i waved, but I think the passenger waved me off?

I saw you. In fact I first spotted you down in Pine Valley. We debated whether the big Kawasaki had ever been in the dirt or not. Then Jeff noticed that you had gone to the cul de sac and returned to the freeway. Then I wondered why the rider was right next to my vehicle for so long and decided to pull ahead for safety and visibility reasons. I said "that guy is probably afraid your radiator shrouds are going to fly off. Why don't you wave at him?" Then I remarked that the rider resembled a big lime green caterpillar on a KLX and looked uncomfortable on his bike. Then I remarked that he wore "Joliet" style knee guards. Then we wondered if the rider was a member or not. Then he passed us back and headed off into the distance. The bikes in our truck were a KDX220 and an EXC250. :D

You were practically a celebrity to us. B)

I had a feeling that it was a member here, I had a bad case of monkey butt going on, when I rolled into coral to check for a map, (buddy needed one)and they were out at 4 corners, I had just over 285 miles for the day and was tired. Your right about the dirt, not awhole lot of it as yet and what dirt I do get into I take it nice and SLOOOOOOOOOW, real slow. I got the bike in late may but its pushing 4,000 miles as of now.

The KLr seems to be a mule, while everyone else is riding Mustang steeds, I'll take it slow and enjoy the ride cause when i fall down, it really hurts at this age.

just wated to let ya know that your plastics were ready to snap off. Hope you have a great ride.

just wated to let ya know that your plastics were ready to snap off.

So Did they Snap Off? :lol:

didnt stick around to find out was just trying to let em know it was flapping back and fourth.

you know how it is riding behind any truck, ya never know what will come flying out of the bed.

they dont call it Adventure riding for nothing, no matter what or where ya ride

just wated to let ya know that your plastics were ready to snap off.

No, they were worn, broken and torn from previous injuries to them actually back in Ohio with quickie repairs having been done with zip ties and a little plastic welding.. Jeff had a seat bolt come loose and was looking for other hardware on his bike to use on the seat. He took a bolt out of one of the shrouds. The other shroud still had all of it's bolts, but we had run through some brushy trails earlier in the day, so some of the previous repairs didn't hold up to all the branches. Result: Flappy shrouds. :D

I had a feeling that it was a member here, I had a bad case of monkey butt going on, when I rolled into coral to check for a map, (buddy needed one)and they were out at 4 corners, I had just over 285 miles for the day and was tired. Your right about the dirt, not awhole lot of it as yet and what dirt I do get into I take it nice and SLOOOOOOOOOW, real slow. I got the bike in late may but its pushing 4,000 miles as of now.

The KLr seems to be a mule, while everyone else is riding Mustang steeds, I'll take it slow and enjoy the ride cause when i fall down, it really hurts at this age.

Sounds like you are my type of rider! :lol: Remember one thing about mules. When all the thoroughbreds are tuckered out the mule keeps on working. :D You get to see more of the beauty of the world when you go slow enough to view it. Racing takes a lot away from you. :D

There are parts of Coral Canyon the mule will do quite easily. Even I was able to ride one there and I’m a poor rider. Just use the fire roads and you can get all around the area. But the single track there might not be the best for that large a bike. Some people do single track on the big bikes but it isn’t easy :D and they are very good riders.

No kidding, my buddy and i put in 55 miles in and around coral one after noon, many turn arounds, go back check it again ... When we did find the easy way out , we came up the backside of LOS PINOS LOOKOUT, it was slow going for that big bike, but we came out pretty clean. Just need more time, riding the trails.

that otay mountain, and along the fence pass Teee-catttt-tay is fun, coming out on 94 then through campo and take the dirt road turn off right past the bridge, makes for a good ride, out the 8 to lyons valley.

th esunday ride for me is about 250 to 280 miles, but its all slow going even on the so called twisties,

like I said before, I,m too old to go any faster, besides it really hurts when i do fall down B)

No kidding, my buddy and i put in 55 miles in and around coral one after noon, many turn arounds, go back check it again ... When we did find the easy way out , we came up the backside of LOS PINOS LOOKOUT

If you come across any rangers out there, ask them for a map of the area. They always seem to have plenty of them to hand out to riders, and gladly will. B)

yeah, I got one, then did the google map to look around the place. I would not want to bother a ranger, they got enough to do.

Did the sdar trail then the jeep trail. Seems to be OK if i stay on the fire roads, or now, in time i,m sure i will be able to hook up with some of ya, and learn it even better. I just really like the fact that i can leave sunset cliffs at 5am, and be all alone for miles and miles, going slow gives a guy time to think things over about life, then to be alone in some dirt area on a hill watching the sun come up is kind of cool.

The los pinos lookout tower, guy is pretty cool to talk too, I would not try to come up the back side again, not on the klr, it was a task for sure. One good thing about that big bike, it falls over real slow. B)

you came up spur meadow, espinosa or the ridge line?!?

if you did ridge line (I don't know what it is really called) on a klr, most of corral is no harder (some is)

post a slow ride some Sunday, and I'll show you around

you came up spur meadow, espinosa or the ridge line?!?

if you did ridge line (I don't know what it is really called) on a klr, most of corral is no harder (some is)

post a slow ride some Sunday, and I'll show you around

I'll bet he didn't mean the Ridgeline trail. I have done that trail about a half a dozen times, all on the CRF150F. I don't want to do it on a full sized bike. B):)

For what its worth, ( not much) anyways

The rocky single trial head was at the 32line 44.50.77 /// 116line @ 34.31.34 area is where we started to go up the single rocky trail, where as we turn at the 32line 44.27.05 ///116line 34.40.08 where we turned onto hard pack fire road, which turned into pavement at the top which we followed around and up to the lookout tower, yeah I believe thats the the path we took.

:unsure: Low selfesteem means friction and trouble :lol: