Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Monday November 3rd

If you show up on an unplated bike and need to cross a "plated area" know that we'd put you in the middle between two plated bikes to give you the best chance of "passing".

One step closer to going Monday- scheduled a Monday-wanting client over to Tuesday....

fn

PS: But if you're super-fast on your two-stroke moped, know also that you'll collect the sneers of the jealous and small-minded ; )

says Paul; who was roostingme last week. a seriously; stuff bouncing off my chest... as his ktm busted up THE ASPHALT!

If you show up on an unplated bike and need to cross a "plated area" know that we'd put you in the middle between two plated bikes to give you the best chance of "passing".

One step closer to going Monday- scheduled a Monday-wanting client over to Tuesday....

fn

PS: But if you're super-fast on your two-stroke moped, know also that you'll collect the sneers of the jealous and small-minded ; )

says Paul; who was roostingme last week. a seriously; stuff bouncing off my chest... as his ktm busted up THE ASPHALT!

Ah. The magic of a new main jet and needle. SO MUCH better. No, did not make me a better rider :lol: but I was faster than before.

fn

nothing there requires a plate except crossing old 80.

Be aware the track I posted to the corrizo gorge lookout is a lot more difficult than the wagon trail. Steep hill climbs and a hard switchbacks. Its a great feeling when you get ALL the way to the edge and down to the mine shaft.

Dug and Alex at the edge

DSC00221.jpg

DSC00215.jpg

getting back up from the mine at the end of the road.

DSC00216.jpg

I'm out. Spaugh scared me.

Nah, not really. But I can't go- work/home conflicts.

:lol:

:lol:

crap;

oh well; looks like me, erick and roost...7 am near exit 77 unless somebody sets up a carpool;

lurkers are also welcome... just flag us down, and say you're riding with us...

B)

I saw the sign today, at the Nursery in Alpine

Fall Pansies Available Now :friends:

I'm still in, just bringing a few extra bandaids and definitely won't forget my helmet. I'll probably have another rider with me. He has to get over the early alarm clock setting :friends:, it's really like meeting up at 8 with the time change, BFD...

erick lost part of his bunghole, so is now tentative; lurkers, erick and jeff... check here before you go; if erick can't confirm by Saturday night, I will post a Sunday ocotillo wells ride instead...

I win either way!!

erick has confirmed- sorry to leave you hangin Paul

Erick; is your buddy confirmed, too?

If we have 3, we're "on"...

erick has confirmed- sorry to leave you hangin Paul

Erick; is your buddy confirmed, too?

If we have 3, we're "on"...

My buddy, Jim, is confirmed...

dammit Jim!

Great! Jeff... status?

oops! Jeff and I were posting at the same time...

As long as we have 3, we're still on, but yeah, let us know

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I want to ditch work, Pyro from Carlsbad at around 4:30 -5:00am. Don't worry, I wont roost anyone, I will be on slicks, to make this ride harder. I won't hold up the group, or run anyone over.

I promiss I will post what a great, fast, technical, ride it was. B) Does that make 3.

Craig.

that makes 4... never ridden with you yet... should be fun, but I doubt it will take that long to get there

Guest Hammerin Hammon

that makes 4... never ridden with you yet... should be fun, but I doubt it will take that long to get there

What's the best route, from Carlsbad. How long do you think it will take. I guess I could use Mapquest, what's the addres so I can input it.

I loved the place, but our ride was cut short (KLR vally) was great, loved the climb.

Turn Left on TAMARACK AVE - go 0.5 mi

Turn Right to take ramp onto I-5 S toward SAN DIEGO - go 18.4 mi

Take Left fork onto I-805 S - go 10.7 mi

Take the BEACHES/EL CENTRO exit onto I-8 E toward EL CENTRO - go 67.7 mi

Take exit #73/JACUMBA - go 0.1 mi

Turn Right on CARRIZO GORGE RD

Turn Left on CARRIZO GORGE RD - go 1.1 mi

Turn Right on OLD HWY 80 - go 1.8 mi

Arrive at the center of JACUMBA, CA

BAdd another location

CAdd another location

Click and drag to adjust your route.

Trip distance: 100.44 miles Time: 1 hr 35 mins

Craig.

What's the best route, from Carlsbad. How long do you think it will take. I guess I could use Mapquest, what's the addres so I can input it.

I loved the place, but our ride was cut short (KLR vally) was great, loved the climb.

Craig.

address? uh... jacumba!

exit 77... craig; I sent you a PM

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Craig.

address? uh... jacumba!

exit 77... craig; I sent you a PM

If anyone does not feel comfortable rideing with me, I will stay home. This is a good ride and I wouldn't want anyone, to skip this ride with Bikeslut, because I was going. This ride will be extra fun for me because of the extra, 200 street miles, and 7;oo am. start time.

I have ridden to this area before, from my house. I can do Alpine- Julian-Ramona-Escondido on the way home, just like I did with my wife last year. This will make for a great day.

Craig.

I'll be trucking from 604 Arnold way in alpine... leaving around 6; have room in the truck

I think the side we are riding is the opposite side of the freeway from klr hill... we'll be esplorin

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I'll be trucking from 604 Arnold way in alpine... leaving around 6; have room in the truck

I think the side we are riding is the opposite side of the freeway from klr hill... we'll be esplorin

I will prolly need to ditch some warm clothes, in your truck, at the meet spot.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I will have to leave at 5:00am. :D:lol:

I may be on my XR... I was just working on my drz and found a problem... the guard for the swingarm is torn up and in two pieces.

slight damage to the swingarm, and not sure if I want to ride it as is.

the xrl is on deathwings... :lol:

Cool, lookin forward to getting out there. Jimmy is going to be on a YZ250, I think the range is in the 60mi neighborhood. I'm assuming that'll be fine.

see you all out there. it'll be nice to see the Hammer and bikeslut in person after reading so many, uh, lively posts... :lol: