It is finally cooling off in the desert. Time to explore new routes for the Desert Dash.

:unsure:

Anyone want to explore this Saturday(10-14)?? Start at the 76 at Octillo exit I-8 at 8am. Lots of sand and the unknown. Pure fun!! We can make a day of it, with bail outs along the way for those who need to attend to other things.

You can truck your rigs down if needed, I will ride. It is only 45 minutes from home. Or truck to my place (PM me if that is the case)

I know some good stuff, but would like to find more. B)

Any takers???????? :(:(:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Guest stevensyanora

You can count me in carguy,all day Sat 10-14,for the bad lands. I"m thinking I will drive my truck down there just in case :unsure: ,you want a lift ?...Steve

stevensyanora Posted on Oct 9 2006, 07:31 AM

You can count me in carguy,all day Sat 10-14,for the bad lands. I"m thinking I will drive my truck down there just in case  ,you want a lift ?...Steve 

No thanks, I will ride. I need to pull the grade with the carb mods to check her out.

Anyone else???? :unsure:

So you finally pulled the carb out and drilled the slide. What jets did you use?

I am running a 58p and 160m with my K&N and Supertrapp, but I am switching to a 55p jet next time I get the bike pulled out. With the 58 I am less than 1 turn out on the mixture screw, definetely need a leaner jet.

Jon

Needle shimmed, I did the carb mod at the same time as the smog pump, filter, exhaust. I noticed a huge difference in overall performance. Can't say for sure about the difference in fuel economy as I was having self imposed carb trouble before the mods. Now I am getting about 40mpg offroad and 50-55 onroad. Seems like respectable numbers to me.

I bought a bag of washers from Radio Shack. If anybody needs a washer to shim their needle, lemme know.

:ph34r:

HondaPilot Posted on Oct 9 2006, 08:32 PM What jets did you use?

Some people seem to be having problems with Daves mods. I went with Dynojet. 160 main with adjustable needle (3rd groove)and heaver spring and drilled slide, De-snorkel & K&N. It is like a different bike, and the parts are guaranteed and free Dyno test. It does cost more. Nothing against Daves mods, I like a company backing the mods on my ride.

So are you going to join us this Saturday????

Understandably so, can't say I've had any trouble with mine yet. Did your kit come with a pilot jet or just the main?

I don't think I'll be joining you guys this weekend, but I sure wish I was. I'll let you know as the week comes to a close.

Jon

The Kit came with main jets only. 1 for air box mods and 1 for air/exhaust mods. The bike runs great, no other adjustments needed.

Hopefully you can make the Saturday ride! :ph34r:

I can't ride with you guys this weekend. I'm heading for 4 days to the 2006 Lucky Explorer Rally from Beatty through Death Valley to Lone Pine, up through the White Mountains to Bishop, day loop out of Bishop through the Sierra, then back to Beatty on day 4.

Hope y'all have a great time exploring !!

We'll be pulling the rig down to Superstition on Saturday A.M., Racing Sunday, and coming home on Monday.

I think we are planning a ride from Superstition to The Blu Inn late Saturday A.M. if you want to join-up. Come on by and have a beer at least!

The pits are located just North of Wheeler Rd off of Huff Rd. Look for the "RR course markers and follow them to the pits.

I can't ride with you guys this weekend. I'm heading for 4 days to the 2006 Lucky Explorer Rally from Beatty through Death Valley to Lone Pine, up through the White Mountains to Bishop, day loop out of Bishop through the Sierra, then back to Beatty on day 4.

Posted Image

....... I Hate You... I Hate You... I Hate You...... Ride-On Rad !!!

HAHAHAHAH, we've never met Kaw'ee but I am looking forward to it.

How much longer are you "down" for maintenance?

Jon

Wow that sounds like fun Carguy! I think I'm in!

I punched it in and it comes up 91 miles from here.

I haven't been out that far east yet.

Some serious asphalt to cover.

This is the spot right:

??----->> I-8 to IMPERIAL HWY exit- EXIT 89 <<-----??

I should know for sure by tomorrow.

:( If I can't make it, my bike might get up and go without me! :lol:

RIDE!

Are you talking about close to plaster city?? I'm trying to get all my gear on, extra tube, tools, etc... I'll check back before the end of the week. If I go, I'll probably take my bike on the back of my liberty and leave my liberty some place over there.. Are we coming back to the same spot, or taking a different route?

....... I Hate You... I Hate You... I Hate You...... Ride-On Rad !!!

IT'S ALIVE!!!

Welcome back Kaw'ee! Can't wait to see what you have to say next...

pyro Posted on Oct 11 2006, 08:22 PM ??----->> I-8 to IMPERIAL HWY exit- EXIT 89 <<-----??

I am not sure of the exit number TB 430 H7, or the second exit at the desert floor turn right to the 76 station. We can gas up there.

husky4me Posted on Oct 11 2006, 10:11 PM Are you talking about close to plaster city?? If I go, I'll probably take my bike on the back of my liberty and leave my liberty some place over there.. Are we coming back to the same spot, or taking a different route?

It is the exit to take for plaster city and we will ride a loop and come back where we started at Octillo. You guys can probably park near the gas station. :(

Looks like another adventure developing.

:lol:

Hopefully we can hookup with the ride-orange group for refreshments.

I've been to Plaster City. Remember the excit, and the gas station.. But you mentione we are taking off from Ocotillo and returning to Ocotillo?? Are we taking off from where the gas station is (around that area) or all the way to Ocotillo OHV? I'm going to see if I got time to get ready for this one... It may rain which will make it even more fun! Let you know for sure tomorrow if I go... Meeting is 8 a.m.

The 76 gas station is in the town of Octillo, CA.

Sweet, the 76 station in Ocotillo at 8am. I plan to be there. I'll be rolling out of OB around 6am unless it is pouring rain here . . If it's raining, I'll have to reevaluate and probably cancel. It will be fun if we catch some rain there, or better yet, miss it and enjoy the aftermath. I don't think I am prepared to start off the day soaked on my way out of here though.

I hope to see ya'll tomorrow in the beautiful town of Ocotillo for another A D V E N T U R E !

RIDE ON FOREVER!

I'm in!! :lol: One thing, are we taking lunch or is there any eating place around that area? I plan to take some energy bars and maybe a snack.. Already went shopping for an extra tube, CO2 inflator, etc.... Still need a rope...

I'll probably leave my home at 6:15 a.m. Should be there before 8 a.m. Hopefully there's a place around I can leave my jeep while we go riding.. Hope you can make it pyro...

.......Ride-Orange.

Welcome back Kaw'ee! Can't wait to see what you have to say next...

.......... I Have been wanting to tell you something...............

Posted Image

ya, ya, ya, I havent been posting much, becouse I havent been riding... so I feel like a wanna-be when I post now...but I havent missed a chance yet, to jump in and give somebody S**T when they open the door as far as you just did...

So Thanks !!!........Kaw'ee.

Wow! you guys missed an awsome ride in the desert!

No rain about 78 degrees light breeze. Perfect riding weather. :o

I am on SELF IMPOSED riding ban for about 2-4 weeks. Please continue ride reports, since vicarious riding is better than none at all. Ya'll be safe out there, and I'll be back creating adventures before we all know it.