dirt dame

Bajacycles/Moto Republik

I was out tooling about on Rosecrans street today. There is never anything interesting where I am usually, but a small yellow front store caught my eye because it said "Acerbis" across the front of it. So I thought "What the heck....maybe it's a motorcycle accessory store. Well, it did also say Bajacycles.... It was really kind of hard to tell though because it seemed kind of out of place, so I parked and strolled inside. It is the official "all things Acerbis for motorcycles" store, although they carry a few different brands of helmets. The rest of it is Acerbis. There's pants, jerseys, armor, gloves, boots and jackets, along with plastics. I saw a really nice jacket I would have liked to buy. They actually carried some small sized riding jackets! But I have plenty of jackets right now and not a whole lot of money, so I passed up a nice TE matching jacket and headed over to the accessories. Here I found some Acerbis turnsignals ready to bolt right onto a Husqvarna at just under twenty one bucks for a set of two. Much cheaper than OEM. Such a deal and I could afford them, so I bought them. They are much better than the awful little rattletrap Emgo turnsigs that I bought a while back, that the ground wires vibrate off of after about fifty miles. Sylvia Ortiz runs the place and she is a very nice person to deal with. The shop is kind of hard to find, but full of things that dualsport riders can use, especially if you like Acerbis. If you are in the area, drop by, say Hi and have a look around. It's at 3808 Rosecrans street in San Diego. The phone # is (619) 291 0966

I took alook at this place today, as its about 3 minutes from the seafood house where i work.

Small, however they did have some fair pricing on items I have been looking for. My problem is when i walk into a place like this, the 1st thing that happens is my wallet comes out and I start buying stuff, like all kinds of stuff.

Very clean shop

fair prices

nice folks working

Its set up like a EU (Italian) Acerbis quality boutique store, the Ayala family (Enrique, Silvia and Enrique II)are the owners/operators and are super nice. Their product line includes mostly the latest Acerbis items and also exclusive Ariete (Italia) goggles plus a bunch of other great stuff like GPR stabilizers. Yes nice place and nice folks, some what strange location!! worth paying a visit to, tell them Robert Nantista sent you, it can't hurt and it may increase your purchasing power (I can't speak for them) R

In these bad economic times, I notice all the little businesses that are going under, so I like to point out some that are worthy such as this one, and urge all the support for them that we can muster up. B) If had more money, I would have certainly bought a red riding jacket from them, and maybe a few other things as well. B)

Saw this post.... and had to comment.

Enrique (owner) is a super nice guy.

He's helped us out (every little bit counts) for a few Baja races.

... and is currently working with teams, to support them and offer what he can.

Acerbis apparel, runs a bit small (Euro sizes).

I know this, as I tried a XX-Large Enduro jacket over my gear... and it wouldn't fit.

... however, my THOR Ride jacket, in XXL did. Or, maybe it's XXL. Shoot, don't remember. But it bummed me out when Enrique saw this picture... and wondered where my new red Acerbis jacket was! Don't tell SCOTT about my goggles either.... :lazy:

Here's a picture of our bike in the shop late '07 (and one from inside the store)

DSC06165.jpg

Thanks JAT for the runs abit smaller part,,,,although I am a little tank-arsed in size,,,,,my size 40 (Acerbis) pant size almost scared me into starving myself!!!!

Hey John, great seeing you over here,,,(no I don't have a DS again) but these are some nice folks aver here in the SDAR world and I visit alot. Rob

I think these are the folks that showed up at the AAKTM Ramona ride with a HUGE Acerbis factory truck....nice to deal with & they cut some costs on the 2 items I couldn't live without.