All,

I and Spaugh will be riding some intermid/intermid plus trails in In-Co-Pah area. Meet at Vallero gas station in Jacumba at 9:00AM, leaving by 9:30.

Alex 858-414-7874.

high of 85 tomorrow in jacumba, good technical riding tomorrw. :lol:

Meh. I started work on checking my valve clearance but something isn't right. The piece for the decompressor cable popped out and now won't go back in. The screws are off the valve cover but the top won't come off -- it's as if it's hanging up on something inside. I think I'm going to take it to GP tomorrow.

This is my long way of saying I'd sure like to ride but can't. :lol:

booo to decompressor cables and shimmed valves.

Yay to decompressor cables and shimmed valves. I haven't had to actually re-shim my TE yet and didn't have any problems with my last valve inspection. I took my decompressor out of the head and looked at it last time and put it back in. It is a very simple mechanism and the top end is easy to work on, and as an added bonus, you don't have to look at it very often. :lol: I get to spend more time riding and less time worrying about maintaining my bike!

hmmm, I guess everyone was busy working on their bikes today. Alex and I had a great ride. Nice cool breeze the whole day. Beautiful conditions and found a way to ride all dirt from jacumba to the desert floor.

I had my jeep for a dualsport project at bike day. Joliet and some of the guys replaced the surpentine belt on it. :huh: Glad you found a way to the desert floor. Do tell more about that, even if it needs to be in members only forum. :lazy: