Sign in to follow this  
Guest crmyers

Monday ride

Guest crmyers

Hey guys I was home by 10:20, thanks for the companionship, I quess I need a radio , maybe it will block out that voice in my head,Left,Turn Now!, and other things.

SeeYa.

nice riding with you Charlie ... the radio does not make it any better; trust me

I didnt take any pics, and it was corral as usual...

Robert , doug and brad beat bronco in to submission, but it was hot and dusty or else we would have waited... no mishaps; the bronco boys crushed some rocks, shock took a plant sample and a dirt sample... jaynen took a bar to the knee, but all in all a good day. We left just as the quads started to arrive.

I gotta tell you; all of you guys rock... all the vets took turns at sweep and point, and the novices sucked it up and rode everything... welcome jaysen,

shock keeps improving, and bowers still has all the cool toys...

I can hardly wait for it to cool down...

Those scary four wheelers scared Shock into sea of plants. Then manly man Bikeslut came back to the rescue and threw the bike around the plants like he was Thunderlips throwing around Rocky.

So off we go, of course those plants don't count as a fall, well because they really catch u and prevent anything from falling . . . or moving at all.

Speaking of fall, I was literally 20 yards from the finish line after having stayed pretty vertical all day . . . so excitement, interest in taking the different line at the rut, and viewing the finish line all combined to cause a little slip out. Full length pants would have prevented the strawberry, but u know how that goes.

Thanks to BS, Fakey, and everyone for another awesome ride and great tool tips. Very cool to watch Roberarracio, Dig Dug, and Spaugh tackle that mountain. That was tough stuff.

A radio is on my agenda over the next few weeks.

thanks for organizing the ride bob. Jason (I think thats right) welcome aboard. Paul (shock) thanks for rooting us on. You are always a fun dude. I think you are improving quite a bit?

Dug and Robert drug me up bronco the hard way. That was the first time and the last time doing that for a while. Felt like a great achievement when we hit the summit.

Some guys had just rolled a truck at the top when we got to the last boulder field.

See you guys again soon.

No pictures here either... I left the camera at home by mistake. I guess that means nobody fell!!!

Thanks for throwing the ride together bikeslut, and thanks for the Bronco Peak run Brad and Robert...

No pictures here either... I left the camera at home by mistake. I guess that means nobody fell!!!

:unsure: Hmmm, I'll bet no one fell, especially on Bronco Peak. I must confess that I have seen some videos of this ride already. No doubt, they will make they way onto this thread sooner or later. :D

Good ride guys, I was tentative after a few recent crashes and not yet completely healed, I put a mt21 on the front and it is a good dual sport tire, but I think I need something a little more aggresive on this slick stuff I experienced a few high speed washes, but was able to recover I was running 10Lbs ? I swaped the wheel off the 250 with a michelin s-12 and was running 13-50 gearing I was very happy with that setup, although I dont think that tire will last very long in the really rocky stuff. Maybe there is nothing that really hooks in the front, after going down hard 2weeks ago caused by loosing the front I am very aware of the front. :D I know get over it?

The early start was nice, as it was almost cool when we embarqed, we had a nice size group and kept moving through pretty much the whole ride, with the exeption of the hill climbing silt and boulders? More work than fun I my opinion, :D

Thanks Bob good deal :unsure:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=27...12155&hl=en

beautiful day in the neiborhood :)

CIMG3052.jpg

CIMG3053.jpg

CIMG3054.jpg

CIMG3056.jpg

CIMG3057.jpg

CIMG3059.jpg

CIMG3060.jpg

CIMG3061.jpg

CIMG3062.jpg

CIMG3063.jpg

CIMG3075.jpg

CIMG3076.jpg

CIMG3077.jpg

CIMG3078.jpg

CIMG3079.jpg

CIMG3081.jpg

CIMG3083.jpg

pison

CIMG3082.jpg

CIMG3084.jpg

CIMG3085.jpg

If anybody wants I got a couple more videos ? :) barfen good :)

:unsure: Hmmm, I'll bet no one fell, especially on Bronco Peak. I must confess that I have seen some videos of this ride already. No doubt, they will make they way onto this thread sooner or later. :D

jeff... snitch :)

Just for that, we're stealing the hubcaps off your van next time :)

This was as bad as I've ever seen Bronco... it was no siltier than usual, and obviously as steep as ever, but it seemed like a lot of rocks were in bad places for bikes... Probably convenient for Jeeps.

disclaimer- I didn't ride Bronco... I didn't plan on it, then was kind of regretting it... until I started hearing the crunching of rocks and smelling the burning knobbies and seeing the sandstorm...

I walked over there to see the carnage... imagine if it was in the sun...

BTW- Doug's tire was SHAGGED... The fact that the bike climbed at all is a miracle

Yea, we need pics of the bronco peak ride. Going up and down both ways. I want to see how easy it has gotten from all the traffic. I haven't ridden up it in about 3 or 4 years on my 01 CR 500 (sold)

Pollo

I have ridden this trail up a couple of time... I prefer to drop down this side...

today was as bad as I have seen it... the silt was no worse, but the imbedded rocks are more exposed than before...

Post a ride Paulo... I'll ride it with you.... from the other side :unsure:

Yea, we need pics of the bronco peak ride. Going up and down both ways. I want to see how easy it has gotten from all the traffic. I haven't ridden up it in about 3 or 4 years on my 01 CR 500 (sold)

Pollo

Pollo you sound alot like another member on the board. But I can't seem to think of who. CR500, going up and down branco peak so easily. :unsure: By the way, going up from the north side is easy, south side no so much. That video shows the first 50 feet or so, there is about another 2 miles of the same stuff.

That looked like poison oak. I get it so bad! Just have to get a little to close and it gets all over me. I only rode up the east side of bronco and down the north. Haven't tried to climbed the entire North side yet.

: Yeah; that was the North side... and yes that was poison oak...

I asked him to take the picture, since every body was walking right through it :unsure:

Paul was going to use it for TP... anybody need some tissue ????

(you had to be there)

I didn't ride up this either, and probably never will :D but if I did I am pretty sure I would have to put my crack pipe down in order to get a better grip. :unsure:

Pollo

Pollo you sound alot like another member on the board. But I can't seem to think of who. CR500, going up and down branco peak so easily. :unsure: By the way, going up from the north side is easy, south side no so much.

Did I say I went up it so easily? Go back and read it again, then talk to me.

Pollo

Pollo you sound alot like another member on the board. But I can't seem to think of who. CR500, going up and down branco peak so easily. :unsure: By the way, going up from the north side is easy, south side no so much.

Did I say I went up it so easily? Go back and read it again, then talk to me.

ok, my bad. Anyhow, branco peak trail really isn't hard, its the "branco connector trail" that is the hard one #3A. You can go there with Robert and try it, he makes it look easy. It kicked my ass...

I didn't ride up this either, and probably never will :) but if I did I am pretty sure I would have to put my crack pipe down in order to get a better grip. :unsure:

Could be you'll own a CRACKED pipe (or case) if you try to ride up that trail. :D:)

Even though I now have the front and rear disc guards I'm not inclined to ride up it either. Haven't ridden it like I say in many years. That stuff is knarly.

Even though I now have the front and rear disc guards I'm not inclined to ride up it either. Haven't ridden it like I say in many years. That stuff is knarly.

I won't ride it either way. I rode down it a few times in the last years before the fires. And I remember riding up it once a long time ago in the eighties, when you had to go down the road to the trail everybody called "The waterfall" which passed "The Staircase" or bottom of Bronco Peak before they rerouted it. I have seen a lot of rolled jeeps and other four wheelers at the bottom of The Staircase in it's day. I had a 1984 Honda XR200R that I thrashed the pie-doodle out of going up that thing. I don't remember how may times I threw it away and launched it, but I did get over the top and down the east side. It was the first, the last and the only time I went up that trail from the west side. :unsure: I'll stick to the tamer stuff these days, thank you very much. :D

I hear you Dirtdame,

I have my reasons to. Like im not out to thrash my $12,000 Husaberg on a bunch of rocks to prove I can still climb it. Maybe on a cheap beat up bike I'd give it a go, but I got nothin to prove. 4 years ago before I got married I was out to conquer everything and anything on my 500. My pipe also got dinged, bars bent, knees and elbows bumped and bruised and whatelse. I had fun though. Just that my fun has changed a little.

I still like knarly stuff though. Sometimes. But I'm not afraid to turn around if I don't feel like riding something. I'll just go somewhere else.

Pollo

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I hear you Dirtdame,

I have my reasons to. Like im not out to thrash my $12,000 Husaberg on a bunch of rocks to prove I can still climb it. Maybe on a cheap beat up bike I'd give it a go, but I got nothin to prove. 4 years ago before I got married I was out to conquer everything and anything on my 500. My pipe also got dinged, bars bent, knees and elbows bumped and bruised and whatelse. I had fun though. Just that my fun has changed a little.

I still like knarly stuff though. Sometimes. But I'm not afraid to turn around if I don't feel like riding something. I'll just go somewhere else.

Pollo

If it was easy , it wouldn't be worth climbing. ;) It, may be fun to ride my L out their, to try to place a RED TEAM HONDA flag at the top. Thanks for giving me a new reason to keep riding. ;)

Were is this hill.

Craig.

I hear you Dirtdame,

Pollo

If it was easy , it wouldn't be worth climbing. ;) It, may be fun to ride my L out their, to try to place a RED TEAM HONDA flag at the top. Thanks for giving me a new reason to keep riding. ;)

Were is this hill.

Craig.

Your supposed to already know. Aren't you the King Dirt bike rider in this town on your big heavy XR650 . If you want to stay Honda try something like my light and nimble 07 CRF 450R. It's about 60 pounds lighter.

And my Husaberg 650 is 40 pounds lighter so yea I can call your Honda 650 heavy.