I saw the "adventure" ride and may crash the orange party on my limited edition, Honda Aadventure HC whatever I FN want to call it.

I found another trail at lark I hadn't ridden before and may want to check more of that trail.

anything else going on?

EDIT- OK- I am working Sunday... I'll be going out early Monday- EDIT

I'm up for something this weekend. But if you want to crash the big orange party with your Honda 650XL "Adventure" bike that's cool too. :)

I am down in SD now and should be moved by mid week here tomorrow actually. I would love to try to get in a ride over the weekend as I don't really have 3 day weekend plans. If the ride was green sticker and quad friendly I would like to get the wife out too if possible. If not I still would like to meet some people.

So B-Slut, are you going to go back to Lark for another early morning session or what?

Shoot, I wish it were red sticker season already and I wish it would rain. Oh well. I wish a lot of stuff.... :)

What bike of yours is red sticker?

The last four in my signature.

So B-Slut, are you going to go back to Lark for another early morning session or what?

Shoot, I wish it were red sticker season already and I wish it would rain. Oh well. I wish a lot of stuff.... <_<

just putting out feelers for what people want to do... I JUST realized it's Labor Day Weekend, so I may have to work....

I'll post a ride when I find out... I'm ALWAYS up for an AAdventure

post-5435-1219783747_thumb.jpg

I'm up for something this weekend. But if you want to crash the big orange party with your Honda 650XL "Adventure" bike that's cool too. <_<

We had technical issues with the trailer that made us real late so we just went to PV for a little. Her battery died so I spent a lot of time jump starting it on the trail. But the ride itself was quick and fun. We both left hungry for more.

Mimi, I drove through rain on 15 N. through Orange County yesterday.

And I heard that there was a lot of rain down by Campo/Corral Canyon yesterday, and there might be more thunderstorms before and during the weekend.... but the weather is still hot.

post-5435-1219783747_thumb.jpg

I'm up for something this weekend. But if you want to crash the big orange party with your Honda 650XL "Adventure" bike that's cool too. <_<

We had technical issues with the trailer that made us real late so we just went to PV for a little. Her battery died so I spent a lot of time jump starting it on the trail. But the ride itself was quick and fun. We both left hungry for more.

Did you buy that trailer, Paul? That looks far more convenient than the U Haul rental.

If it's not a sealed battery, check for proper water level in each cell, and charge it... Brand new bike, right? Have the dealer replace the battery.. that kind of sucks

EDIT- OK- I am working Sunday... I'll be going out early Monday- EDIT

This MAY work-out for me :lol: If the girls kick a$$ this weekend in pool and semis we'll have to play in the finals on Monday though <_<

GO COBRAS!!!

I'll post another ride... Corral or PV? I'm taking suggestions for the next hour, then I'll post the ride that most appeals to me (and the most vocal respondants)

I'm liking Corral (no PV) or, if people want a street fix, the Laguna Area (but somebody else will have to lead)

Paul/Ozzy?

Brent/Mimi?

Craig/Rob?

Tom/Twister?

who'd I forget (I mean; who did I forget on mistake <_< )

I was riding through the Lagunas today and I noticed that all of the campsites are reserved for the weekend. I suspect that the road will be filled with RVs and other traffic this weekend. Just my two cents.

Steve

I'll post another ride... Corral or PV? I'm taking suggestions for the next hour, then I'll post the ride that most appeals to me (and the most vocal respondants)

I'm liking Corral (no PV) or, if people want a street fix, the Laguna Area (but somebody else will have to lead)

I was riding through the Lagunas today and I noticed that all of the campsites are reserved for the weekend. I suspect that the road will be filled with RVs and other traffic this weekend. Just my two cents.

Steve

That's true. There will be a lot of local vacations this weekend. If a ride starts out of Corral Canyon, I hope that camping area won't be too crowded. I have been there in the past when the campgrounds are all filled up with the "party" crowd, and while they don't get onto too many of the technical trails they do tend to clog up the areas near the camps and the perimeter roads as well. Especially the quad riders out there who are waiting for desert season to start.

:D I have a 4 Day weekend ! :D

So I might just have to show up at CC with my riding partner Rachel (If I can get that exhaust un-fouled on her Husky :D ) That is if the Mrs. does not want to go for a cruise on Maxine. :blink:

I want to ride!

Wife's quad is not moved down yet tho so it will just be me. We can put these tw301/302s to the test

somebody should post an actual ride... I know I started this, without a real plan...

SO... I am going to be at the junction of morena stokes and kernan at 6 ish Monday morning... pipe in if you're going and I'll wait for you

jaynen... did you say tw...? like trailwings? I'll bring an 18" knobbie if you want to put it on... most trailwings are pretty horrific on the dirt (although THOSE aren't as bad as the DRZ models)

somebody should post an actual ride... I know I started this, without a real plan...

SO... I am going to be at the junction of morena stokes and kernan at 6 ish Monday morning... pipe in if you're going and I'll wait for you

jaynen... did you say tw...? like trailwings? I'll bring an 18" knobbie if you want to put it on... most trailwings are pretty horrific on the dirt (although THOSE aren't as bad as the DRZ models)

Those are what are stock on my WRR. I will probably go to some 606's but was going to try these first since I commute on the bike also. I know nothing about changing tires :friends:

Not sure where morena stokes and kernan is can I just google that?

I know nothing about changing tires :drinks:

Looks like it is time for another maintenance day, and do some tech training on tire changing. I think it is more important to be able to fix a flat than change your oil or clean your air cleaner. It is good to be self sufficient. Not that it would be hard to find someone in this group to help you. You should practice your tire changes with what you carry on the bike. When you get a flat, (notice I didn't say "if") you want to not only be able to fix it, but to fix it in a timely manor. :friends: Ken

Yeah; I already offered to show him how when baby gets a new pair of shoes...

Who knows... maybe i'll show him on Monday when I get a flat...

got a pinch out at Lark, and just made it back to the truck before it was done... rim locks are great until you have to change your tire... then :friends:

Yeah I need some help with learning what to bring and what to do in that situation, I have a little c02 inflater and have carried some tools my old bike i bought used has slime? in it and I never got a flat.

And have not flatted the WRR yet. It's just a matter of time tho so I want to be prepared.

like you've probably already noticed... some of us will help you through a lot, and some of it you learn as you go.

last group ride I had to borrow a socket (and a rock :) , thanks Ozzy.... and God) I now carry a socket set, but leave the rocks at home

for flats, I carry a CO2 inflator that also works as a pump, a back -up pump :o , and some scabs... two tire irons that also hold the axle nut... at least one extra tube (more for multi day rides) and a small bottle of soap water. duct tape "might" help for a sidewall tear, and I carry that too...

On my mountain bike I also tied a knot in the tube, and that held some air for a while...

If I get a rear flat on the trail, I don't replace the rim lock... I'm just lazy that way. a 21" tube will work in the rear if you had to, but scabs work remarkably well, even on high pressure bicycle tires

UPDATE- I'll be at Morena/Kernan at 6, and do a ride for a while... I will be back at the same intersection an hour later for people that want to sleep in a little bit... I'll be gone by noon. This will be a novice friendly ride, and if everyone is comfortable, we can get off some of the easy trails, and push limits a bit... please... no big egos on this one... KUMBAYA :)