Sign in to follow this  
tntmo

2009 V-Max

Tom, I noticed you make your posts really late at night or really early in the morning. What’s wrong can’t you sleep? It’s almost as if you were half a world away… :lol:

So where are you at now? If I remember the naval services correctly you are either in or heading to some real garden spot. :o

Thanks again to you and your shipmates for sacrificing all the time away from your family to keep my family safe. And Crawdad will have a new bike for you to try out when you get back. I would like to go with Gunner and you to your friends pub again when you get home as well. Heck I might even buy you a beer! :lol:

I'm actually a little bit more than half way around the world. I guess you can't be more than halfway, otherwise you are just closer to the other side??

Definitely looking forward to the ride and checking out everyone's new machinery, and the cold drink after the ride isn't a bad idea either.

Anyway we're currently at sea the way sailors should be, but will be making a stop in the near future. I won't say where, but maybe someone can figure it out from the picture?

post-131-1219777566_thumb.jpg

I'm sure ANY body can figure THAT out....

it's after the valley of the crescent moon, right?

You are going to TJ?

<_<:lol::):) TJ? That looks like a small horse in that picture, not a donkey with airbrushed zebra stripes. :D

Middle East in the middle of the desert; Israel, Jordan, Sinai, Syria? I don’t remember. I do remember the city was built into the cliffs and lay along a trade (caravan) route.

Wait… rule out Syria…you shouldn’t be going to Syria. Is it in Saudi?

Edit. You are going to the kingdom of JORDAN. Valley of the cresent moon is correct! Bikeslut WINS! My first quess was Israel or Jordan so I was close but no cigar.

You are going to TJ?

Funny you should say that, it felt like TJ when I had children coming up to me every couple of feet trying to sell me cheap trinkets. No Chicklets though.

Prize goes to bikeslut, one Petra postcard.

everybody want to know how I knew?

I didn't!!!

That was a quote from Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade... That was where the chalise of Christ was stored with the Knight from the Crusades...

As they were trying to find the city, they had all the clues, but not the starting place... it was Alexandria!

Man I'm a geek! Haven't seen this movie since it first came out, and I remember a couple of quotes ... also "X NEVER marks the spot!" (then it does, later)

Yep, it was in the Indiana Jones movie. That's pretty damn geeky of you to know it, and not know of it from anything else. You still win.

Since I've already seen the lost city of Petra, I will spend the next two days enjoying a few cold Amstels on the pier. I sure wish I had a bike here, Jordan is just waiting to be ridden!

Was joking about TJ just playing the ignorant role.

The new Suzuki Bking looks like a monster too with a busa motor but is a lot cheaper than the VMax Yamaha is only building the Vmax on demand :lol:

Worked a little at the Hideout today and 4 2009 V-MAXs pull in and a small camera crew. Very hot in person. They told there was 15 V-MAXs in the county cruising around showing them off and making commercials. I made a phone call to chief early in the day when they first appeared but by the time he got to the hideout they were gone. So Im riding via rancho in escondido about to turn on DelDios Hwy and 4 more v-maxs and turning in front of going eastbound on via rancho about 5:30 this eve.