I just received this today from SDORC.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

San Diego Off-Road Coalition Update

August 6, 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CLEVELAND NATIONAL FOREST TRAVEL ROUTE COMMENTS NEEDED BY AUGUST 13! (CORRAL CANYON)

The Cleveland National Forest is accepting comments now through Aug 13th for their Travel Management Route Designation Program. The Corral Canyon OHV area may get over 5 miles of brand new trails with your help. We need people to submit comments saying they prefer the Proposed Action outlined in alternative 3. Send your comments today! August 13 is one week away and all comments must be received by that date.

Here is a sample comment letter:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the opportunity to comment on the Travel Management Route Designation Program in the Cleveland National Forest. I am an off-road vehicle enthusiast who enjoys the Corral Canyon OHV area. I have reviewed the three alternatives presented on your website and feel that Alternative 3 has the best balance to suit the needs of recreation and the environment in this area.

Thank you,

<Your name here>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional information:

You can go to their website to see the alternatives at: http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/cleveland/projects/ohv/index.shtml

It is best to send comments to their email address (also at the bottom of the webpage)

r5_cleveland_ohv_suggestions@fs.fed.us and please put "Travel Management Comment" in the subject line.

Visit our website for updates on this and other issues of concern to the OHV community. http://www.sdorc.org

Somehow I missed this thread last week when it was first posted.

email sent

Thanks for posting.

Is there anyone who has read and understood all the proposed changes? Number 3 is the preferred option for the 4WD groups, but it looks like at a glance the option 2 is adding an extra 1.5 miles of "existing, unauthorized trails" which tend to be the smaller single track stuff that better suits us.

The maps are vague about the changes. What does it mean to add 0.02 miles to a route? I'm good with maps but I'm sorry, I need a tutor on this set. :D

It has been asked that you note our club when you send your letters.

Yet another generic letter,

I would like to take this opportunity to comment on the Cleveland National Forest Travel Management Route Designation Program on behalf of the San Diego Adventure Riders. The San Diego Adventure Riders is an informal group of motorcycle riders who enjoy riding on and off paved roads primarily in San Diego County. The Corral Canyon OHV area is the closest off-road vehicle area to us and it is a place we value highly. So much so that our club has formally adopted a trail within the OHV area. We have looked at the alternatives offered by the Forest regarding travel management and believe that Alternative 3 best suits both the needs of recreation as well as protecting the environment. We look forward to riding the new trails and maintaining the one we have adopted.

Sincerely,

Someone from SDAR