the rooster

dualsporter in high school

Hey, I'm Chris, I am 17 and going into my senior year at San Marcos High school :) . My 'adventure' bike is a 2003 KLR 650, my technical trail bike is a plated 1999 KLX 300R, and my vintage mx bike is a completely restored 1979 YZ400. I also have some 'other' bikes laying around, like a couple fiftys and my old 2004 KLX 300R, that was involved in head on collision with a shiny new corvette on the way to ocotillo wells. the bike lost. anyways, i live in san marcos, near cal state, for some reason i like to brag (deal with it), i have no problem screaming my 300 down the freeway a few hundred miles to go have some fun :). so if you want to go riding (and think you can keep up) ;) just PM me and i'll see what i can do

What a guy. There will be somebody here to ride with. Maybe you could ride with Hammer.

Hey Chris, Welcome to SDAR.......we have a couple riders here who bring their sons along also.

Man, you have a lot of bikes at your age........you must have a cool parents ! :) Pretty cool you have a vintage MX bike, older than you.

i know micky- ;) - , he's one of my friends. i got a job at subway over the summer for three years now, and thats how i paid for most of my bikes

Welcome Chris; I had to work to buy my own "Beaters" to ride when I was your age too.

Good on you for that ;) not too many younger people do things that way anymore. By buying older bikes you learn more about how to fix them and keep them running while improving your riding skills at the same time.

See you on a ride soon.

Gunner

i know micky- ;) - , he's one of my friends. i got a job at subway over the summer for three years now, and thats how i paid for most of my bikes

Mickey is a cool dude...he has a great dad that lets him come along on some epic rides. Not sure when the next informal ride is, but come along and introduce yourself... you may be surprised some some very mellow people are actually pretty fast... ;)

OR- you may be surprised how some people that have been riding for 40 years are still slow :P