moto_rph

A fun day in the shop...

WE write a lot about how much fun we've had on this or that ride.  Today, I had a BLAST in my shop and I have to share with someone.  The wife wouldn't understand :)

I like shorties for levers on all my bikes (3).  Currently, I have a set of eBay specials ($30) on my GSA and my KTM 500...they work.  But I recently purchased a new to me Triumph Street Triple.  I talked to Myles and Saibeth at Moto Forza and they recommended a set of Pazzo Racing shorties ($240)....whew!

For reasons unbeknownst to me, I agreed and ordered a set in red with various accents....surely to help my cornering skills.  3 weeks later (yesterday), they arrived!

TODAY I spent about 1&1/2 hours in the shop changing out levers while listening to "The Ballad of Dood and Juanita" front to back (ask @shutterrev).  Had a great time, all by myself.

CONCLUSION:  There is a difference between $30 and $240 levers.  You can see it, feel it.  Is it worth it?  My thoughts:

Young'uns:  save your money.  You have car payments and mortgages....take care of that first.

Old farts (read: me):  WAIT, you're old.  No one gives a crap what kind of levers you have.  

NVM :)

IMG_1355.JPG

Edited by moto_rph
pic
  • Like 5

Super nice kit!!! Pazzo Racing (Crazy Racing)

This falls under the "got a $10 head wear a $10 helmet" logic.

In house design and other R&D, limited production, super high quality build and materials,

vs copy cat construction , zero R&D, less expensive material ( or fake rated material) zero pedigree.

• Agree 2

Note:

Pazzo Racing - Performance Sportbike Custom Levers

Almost all materials used in the manufacture of our levers are domestic (North America, USA or Canada). Starting from the 6061-T6 aluminium, the custom made components, the anodizing, the cartons all are Made in USA or Made in Canada. Excluded are the Metric fasteners, they are from Germany.

The CNC machines we use to manufacture the levers are all Made in USA.

We strongly believe in supporting our domestic markets and proudly declare the levers are Made in Canada.

2 hours ago, moto_rph said:

WE write a lot about how much fun we've had on this or that ride.  Today, I had a BLAST in my shop and I have to share with someone.  The wife wouldn't understand :)

I like shorties for levers on all my bikes (3).  Currently, I have a set of eBay specials ($30) on my GSA and my KTM 500...they work.  But I recently purchased a new to me Triumph Street Triple.  I talked to Myles and Saibeth at Moto Forza and they recommended a set of Pazzo Racing shorties ($240)....whew!

For reasons unbeknownst to me, I agreed and ordered a set in red with various accents....surely to help my cornering skills.  3 weeks later (yesterday), they arrived!

TODAY I spent about 1&1/2 hours in the shop changing out levers while listening to "The Ballad of Dood and Juanita" front to back (ask @shutterrev).  Had a great time, all by myself.

CONCLUSION:  There is a difference between $30 and $240 levers.  You can see it, feel it.  Is it worth it?  My thoughts:

Young'uns:  save your money.  You have car payments and mortgages....take care of that first.

Old farts (read: me):  WAIT, you're old.  No one gives a crap what kind of levers you have.  

NVM :)

IMG_1355.JPG

Your name should be on there RACE BIKE as sponsor.

not my intention @Mr.JAJA

The point I was making was, "you get what you paid for." 

However, the rhetorical question being asked was "is it necessary?"

That's for each of us to figure out ourselves....and go riding :)

Same can be said for asv levers

you can feel the quality and that translates to better lever feel for the riders 

Edited by DSM8
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Even if it was unnecessary I think it's super cool you're supporting these great companies like ASV and Pazzo.

Either way, thanks for the music recommendation! 👍

• Like 1

Very nice, I need to get some nice shorties for the multipasta, maybe I’ll check those out  💅😎🫡

• Like 1