Zubb

Motocross Boot fitter

I have a pair of Gaerne 12's that are superb in every way.  But I do find that after 2 or 3 hours of aggressive off roading my right foot gets a pressure point that hurts.  I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a person or a shop that can stretch the boot in one particular spot.

A ski boot fitter is obvious as I've had every pair of ski boots ever owned stretched . . . in that same spot.  But my Gaerne's are heavy leather, not plastic shells.

Anyone here ever done something like this?

I have a belt sander, could just do some foot adjustments?

@Dan Diego had the exact same problem.
I told him go to any good boot cobbler, they have the tools and sauce that you put on the leather to stretch it in specific areas.

ANY place that can resole boots should be able to do it for you.
Otherwise you get yourself a boot tree and build up that specific area, spray the zone on the inside with the stuff (need to google it) and stretch it out yourself but it might not be a permanent because i think heat is used to affix the leather once it has been stretched

This is the one I know of in my area

image.thumb.png.6c4e7f95ff8a3623f8fdd6df6aa1ce7a.png

4 hours ago, tntmo said:

I have a belt sander, could just do some foot adjustments?

That could have saved me $thousands over a lifetime of custom ski boots.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DSM8 said:

@Dan Diego had the exact same problem.
I told him go to any good boot cobbler, they have the tools and sauce that you put on the leather to stretch it in specific areas.

ANY place that can resole boots should be able to do it for you.
Otherwise you get yourself a boot tree and build up that specific area, spray the zone on the inside with the stuff (need to google it) and stretch it out yourself but it might not be a permanent because i think heat is used to affix the leather once it has been stretched

This is the one I know of in my area

image.thumb.png.6c4e7f95ff8a3623f8fdd6df6aa1ce7a.png

Thanks Dave.

Hey, Kelly, I wanted to follow up on the job a local cobbler did on my boot.  

I bought a pair of the Gaerne oiled boots to supplement my Sidi GoreTex Adventure boots that I absolutely love. The problem is the Gaerne’s had a hot spot on my left foot where my small toe would touch the side and it bothered me quite a bit. I tried thick socks, thin socks…nothing worked.

Dave recommended I find a local cobbler and have them stretch the boot at that spot.  Luckily, I have an old school cobbler right down the street.  I left the boot with them for a couple days but it still caused me grief.  I took it back and they used a different stretcher and kept it wet the whole time (4 days).  

After I picked it up, I wore them for a couple hours and can tell the difference.  I can see where it’s been stretched and the boot feels much better now.  

Just FYI so you don’t throw in the towel on a pair of boots you really like.  

IMG_1589.jpeg

IMG_1588.jpeg

IMG_1435.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Call Sole Performance in Encinitas. They may be able to help.

• Like 1