papaalex

Craiglist or?

Sites like Facebook Marketplace and OfferUp seem to have stolen a lot of Craigslist's thunder.

Craigslist is no longer free for listing motorcycles.  $5 for two weeks.  It’s still a decent deal, I buy/sell on their often.

I’m really happy with Facebook Marketplace. Listed 2 cars on Saturday and they both sold for asking price over the weekend.

• Like 1

About a year ago I sold my main daily driver ADV bike with just under 40,000 miles on it... 

Craigslist = Got nothing serious other than BS and lowballs for weeks. 
FaceBook = No buyers, just comments like nice bike, or why are you selling... for weeks. 
This Forum = Same, just nice bike comments, good luck etc.
ADVRider Forum = Had to list 3 times because of their fine print listing requirements, but ultimately was a waste of time, just nice bike and why are you selling comments. 
CycleTrader = Listed, serious buyer drove 3.5 hours south to see the bike within a week of contact, bike sold that day for asking price.

So for a very low fee, Cycle Trader seems to sift out a lot of BS and waiting and puts your bike in front of serious buyers, not peanut galleries, and bike sells. 

**Edited to add:** Though right now depending on what your selling, inventories are so low, and prices are so high, you might get fast action on any of the options who knows. I know a friend who is waiting for a short list of bikes to be available, and has been waiting a while... Just cant find anywhere right now for non ridiculous prices. 

Just my .00000002 cents.