John 79

Anza Borrego South, Saturday Oct 16th

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm just getting back into riding after a several year hiatus and looking for dual sport buddies.  I'm hoping to ride the South side of AB this Saturday if the weather stays cool, maybe do a loop starting at Canyon Sin Nombre and North thru Arroyo Tapiado to Arroyo Diablo and out to highway. They are fairly easy dirt roads with some sand and rocks. I'm certainly open to other routes too. 

Full disclosure - This is my first time back on a bike in many years and I'm on a bike I've never ridden before, so I'll be taking it easy and cruisin!  Looking forward to it. 

UPDATE 10/13/21: I'm changing the ride to Sunday, Oct 17th. I'll be camping in CSN Saturday night and riding Sun morn, all are welcome. 

2 hours ago, CVRick said:

-What time are you planning to start your ride?

Probably between 0900-1000. So far its just me riding and my wife'll be chasing in the truck. You're welcome to join us. 

i have been wanting to ride Anza Borrego but cant make this one. Any plans for the next one? I raced D38 back in 95-96. were you there? 

2 hours ago, ECDave said:

i have been wanting to ride Anza Borrego but cant make this one. Any plans for the next one? I raced D38 back in 95-96. were you there? 

I missed the Fud era unfortunately, I would have loved to meet the man. I raced from 05-12, loved it, too many crashes tho. 

I'll keep posting about AB rides if people are interested. There's always the desert dash too. 

Will you be easy to find in CSN?

3 hours ago, Slaugo said:

Will you be easy to find in CSN?

For sure, white Dodge RAM 1500. I prefer the NorthEast area of the trail to camp, we'll be there unless it's already taken. Regardless I'll make sure my truck is visible from the road. 

I'm headed out in a few hours so I'll see anyone/everyone out there! 

2 hours ago, John 79 said:

For sure, white Dodge RAM 1500. I prefer the NorthEast area of the trail to camp, we'll be there unless it's already taken. Regardless I'll make sure my truck is visible from the road. 

I'm headed out in a few hours so I'll see anyone/everyone out there! 

I’ll cruise by around 8-9 AM tomorrow. That way I can sleep in. 

3 hours ago, Slaugo said:

I’ll cruise by around 8-9 AM tomorrow. That way I can sleep in. 

I will be there as well.

I know Slaugo will probably ride from town. I will stage somewhere close by and ride down to see if I can find you. 8:30 am Approximately.

3 hours ago, CVRick said:

I will be there as well.

I know Slaugo will probably ride from town. I will stage somewhere close by and ride down to see if I can find you. 8:30 am Approximately.

Sorry, my wife has changed my plans.  I won’t be out there until 2-3pm. I’m sure you’ll be long gone. Another time perhaps, have a safe ride.

I am out. Have A good ride. I hope to get out there soon. 

Hey John,

We actually Ride mid-week. RU available?

Bags

It was a great ride, not too hot and few people out there. 

On 10/17/2021 at 2:13 PM, Bagstr said:

Hey John,

We actually Ride mid-week. RU available?

Bags

Thanks for the invite, I sometimes work from home and could do mid-week,  just depends on the week. If I'm free I'd love to!