Jump to content
Talcire

USDA Forest Service Temporarily Closes All California National Forests for Public Safety

Recommended Posts

USDA Forest Service Pacific Southwest Region is announcing a temporary closure of all National Forests in California. This closure will be in effect from Aug. 31, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. through September 17, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a bummer - how does that affect McCain valley and Corral Canyon areas? Does it affect at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, padu said:

That's a bummer - how does that affect McCain valley and Corral Canyon areas? Does it affect at all?

Corral Canyon is USFS, so that is closed.  McCain is not part of the forest system, and is run by the bureau of land management, so that is open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

State land and National Parks are not included in the closure. McCain is under Bureau of Land Management management, if I recall. Corral is National Forest Service, so I'd think it's a no-go zone. I rode down Sloane Canyon last weekend. A whole 4 miles of dirt road!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dirt dame said:

Corral Canyon is USFS, so that is closed.  McCain is not part of the forest system, and is run by the bureau of land management, so that is open.

So McCain is open?  I really want to ride this weekend but not sure where.  I rode with someone in here I think at McCain but his bike had issues so we only rode for 30 min.  Other than that, I have never been there or Corral.  I am really itching to take my 300 out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

So McCain is open?  I really want to ride this weekend but not sure where.  I rode with someone in here I think at McCain but his bike had issues so we only rode for 30 min.  Other than that, I have never been there or Corral.  I am really itching to take my 300 out

Just rode there today.  It was crowded for a weekday...but then....where else are they going to go right now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

So McCain is open?  I really want to ride this weekend but not sure where.  I rode with someone in here I think at McCain but his bike had issues so we only rode for 30 min.  Other than that, I have never been there or Corral.  I am really itching to take my 300 out

I think it was more like an hour, if you include the towing 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SANRider said:

I think it was more like an hour, if you include the towing 😂

Lol true.  Any interest in riding there this weekend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×