Sign in to follow this  
Bagstr

Lost Valley to Chihuahua Valley Connector

Check out these pictures and tell me if this looks like the connection back from Lost Valley to the Boy Scout Road.

299307277_weP4S-M.jpg

299307222_AdawH-M.jpg

Thanks

PS, There was a gated road farther west, but it was posted no Motorized Vehicles.

Doesn't look like much of a road to me. Can you send me coordinates I might be in the area tomorrow or Friday.

HondaP,

N 33 22.5 16

W116 36.5 77

This is a point before the 4 mile post, 3.5- 3.75miles from the Chihuahua pavement.

Have fun out there. The weather was fabulous today. Unfortunately, I was in the truck.

Dave

299307498_Uq5gg-M.jpg

Down toward the Wash

299307338_XsgQj-M.jpg

I don't think I'll get into that area tomorrow. But by the second set of pictures it looks more like a road.

When I cross referenced the GPS info it looks like it goes into Johnson Canyon and then comes out on Chihuahua Valley Road.

HondaP,

N 33 22.5 16

W116 36.5 77

That cut-off will just connect you back to the road you are on further east. I don't know the property situation so I can't comment on riding it.

The main dirt road you are on should take you to the camp. That point looks like it's about 6 miles from Lost Valley.

The camp is somewhere around N33.359960 W116.569410

Craig,

Yes, the Google Map confirms this is the connection shown on Mapsource. The wash is as I saw it.

Thanks, Dave

Craig,

Yes, the Google Map confirms this is the connection shown on Mapsource. The wash is as I saw it.

Thanks, Dave

I haven't been out the the camp in over 30 years. Do you suppose there is a gate along that main road these days, or do you think it would go through? Would love to take a look out there sometime.

Craig,

Thanks, Dave

I haven't been out the the camp in over 30 years. Do you suppose there is a gate along that main road these days, or do you think it would go through? Would love to take a look out there sometime.

Craig,

Re Gates: The Tom Harrison Map shows two locked gates going in and out of ABSP just north of the Scout Camp. At the easterm most boundary of ABSP, there was an open gate Wednesday (SDSU Research Center) I'd guess on Memorial Weekend all the gate will be open.

I have posted a ride over @ http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344155

for Saturday. You are more than welcome to join me in exploring points north of Warners Springs. Could go as far as Toro Peak.

Dave

Boy oh boy! :dance2: Those pictures look wonderful. :good: Wish I could go,but I gotta work. :clapping: Maybe next weekend I will have a chance to check that stuff out. Might be some weird weather this weekend, after what we got today.

Explore?? :o

What time?

Carguy,

You've probably seen the other post but for any others:

299913399_a6XAd-M.jpg

299913410_hUiot-M.jpg

Depart from ample parking across the street from Lost Valley and Hwy79 0900

Saturday, May 24. Gas available in Warners Springs. Anyone else?

Can't do Saturday. Santa Rosa Truck Trail looks like a good explore!! Look forward to seeing some photos... :o

Re Gates: The Tom Harrison Map shows two locked gates going in and out of ABSP just north of the Scout Camp. At the easterm most boundary of ABSP, there was an open gate Wednesday (SDSU Research Center) I'd guess on Memorial Weekend all the gate will be open.

Hmmm, will have to give that a shot sometime when I'm up that way.

Carguy,

Are you there? What do you think? I am trying to decide whether to join Spaugh in the Dez or stick with my plan.(Because of the possible rain) I am happy to show up at Lost Valley and ride the route if you are in.

Talk to me.

Yo Bagstr, go with Spaugh. I'll play local. Conditions don't get much better than this. :o

Little dirt before the long street ride. :o

OK, looks like I will try for next week. I will take advange of the unexpectedly nice desert weather one last time. One inch of rain in the mountains the last two days.

Save a placemarker for Lost Valley for the next ride.