Sign in to follow this  
roostingu

Arrowhead Pinnacles Ride

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Thanks Crawdad I read the post from August were I wanted to go back and ride the loop twice. ;)

And you also changed your opening remarks in that post.......today.......Hammer, you're such a ham :D

Dude, I paid you a compliment saying you rode right up the hill that most of us splatted on.....I have no doubt you could probably ride it in 2+ hours (if no targets were out in front of you :lol::lol: ).....and I've ridden the Vista "stuff" so you can save all the bad ass hype.....I agree, pretty knarly terrain......

Water is warming up so Fat Daddy will be out surfing with you soon.....call me when it's 68+ degrees and 3-4' at Turn Arounds......Daddy's preferred conditions/lunchtime surf spot......I know, I know.......I'm a wimp cuz I don't wanna surf 20' plus waves........whatever man :D:D

See ya in the water. :D 2 hours B)

8 hours... with plenty of chatting, eating... you know... SOCIALIZING! :lol: .... That was not 8 hours of seat time, even for me... I have no doubt that as a group we could've done it faster... as a smaller group, we could've done it MUCH faster...

here's the deal... I was riding sweep... that means I make sure everybody gets through... EVERYBODY...

there was a big difference in skill/speed on this trip, plus some mechanical/kick starting/altitude issues...

As a group, we only go as fast as the slowest member... it's not a race.... as much as I like to go (my version of) fast, that wasn't my role... also, these are two way trails, with jeeps, quads, kids, etc. we saw all of them, and hit none of them.

and when we pass quads, I sit there, and socialize a little... when I see bikes going the other way, I slow down, and give 'em the "all clear" sign

jeez... I feel like I'm making excuses for a TRAIL RIDE, where everybody came home uninjured, with the bikes running fine, and where nobody got pissed off at anybody else (Uh... OK... I got a little pissed that once)

Good ride guys and gal.

Hammer- (and I'm saying this with the sincerest intentions)... You should race... seriously... there are plenty of places to race... you could even ride your XR, and make a big splash in the off-road world...

schwinn- same explanations, with a little less attitude :D from me...it's a trail ride... everybody had fun... even slow old me

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hammer- (and I'm saying this with the sincerest intentions)... You should race... seriously... there are plenty of places to race... you could even ride your XR, and make a big splash in the off-road world...

I have raced, will race, NO FEAR BRO. :lol: Or this line "been there done that." Or, I was hopeing you, Ride Orange and Crawdad would want to race me. :D

Or, I was hopeing you, Ride Orange and Crawdad would want to race me. :D

Craig, I think that Bikeslut, Crawdad and Ride Orange have been out of High School for a while now. :lol:

I have raced, will race, NO FEAR BRO. :lol: Or this line "been there done that." Or, I was hopeing you, Ride Orange and Crawdad would want to race me. :D

we can do that... then follow it up with a spelling bee... :lol:

Really Craig... I was serious about the race thing; when you win racing, you get bragging rights... when you're the fastest on a trail ride you get... to wait

as sweep, I wait... I let the dust clear, then run MY pace, and HOPE I catch up... then I wait again...

My point was, and is... if you were there, it would've taken you 8 hours, too... because it's a group ride!

If you want to race; RACE!... let me add one qualifier... I hear lots of people say that other people's speed doesn't impress them... I AM impressed by speed... By all accounts you are fast... by all accounts you are very pleasant in person... by all accounts you are even very helpful and a team player on trail rides... I just don't get your attitude on this site... rest assured, it does not hurt my feelings,

Roger- I graduated from high school, but my maturity is still trying to get to that level... I figure I act about 13

Roger- I graduated from high school, but my maturity is still trying to get to that level... I figure I act about 13

Now that you've graduated from high school, you are allowed to wear long pants. :D:lol::lol:

HEY!!!

Quit hijacking Jeff's thread and the ride report for MY ride!!!!

Here's a video with a bunch of pictures and clips from the ride. It's not professional quality, but kinda fun:

SDAR Pinnacles Ride - May 17, 2008

Enjoy!

EDIT: Oh, and bikeslut demanded that I not post any video of him - so that is not bikeslut in the video, that is not bikeslut's bike in the video... Thank you...

Oh and SCHWINN and Hammer, since you guys decided to get this thread off track, I'm going to have to post your old MX training video.... :lol::D

Hammer and SCHWINN MX Training...

good montage Doug! every ride needs a montage!

Thanks again to all the riders on this trip!

HEY!!!

Here's a video with a bunch of pictures and clips from the ride. It's not professional quality, but kinda fun:

Enjoy!

EDIT: Oh, and bikeslut demanded that I not post any video of him - so that is not bikeslut in the video, that is not bikeslut's bike in the video... Thank you...

Oh and SCHWINN and Hammer, since you guys decided to get this thread off track, I'm going to have to post your old MX training video.... :lol::D

My computer at work says"Tasteless is filtered" so it wont let me see myself and hammer mx training video,I will look at it at home. I did not want this to turn into a rant but I got PMs from some people that said it was more like 9 1/2 hrs and 50 miles. I do enjoy scenery and looking around once in a while. What did you do for food and water over all that time.

My computer at work says"Tasteless is filtered" so it wont let me see myself and hammer mx training video,I will look at it at home. I did not want this to turn into a rant but I got PMs from some people that said it was more like 9 1/2 hrs and 50 miles. I do enjoy scenery and looking around once in a while. What did you do for food and water over all that time.

Haha... Yeah - that clip is definitely tasteless!!! (all in good fun - actually I wonder how long it'll be before google video removes it - I didn't make it, found it a long time ago and reposted it to my account)

I don't remember the exact times but 8-9 hours sounds about right. There were a few technical spots and with a group that large, sometimes it takes a while to work through the rough sections. Plus, like bikeslut said, we weren't really in that much of a hurry. In a few spots, rather than just bulldogging through, some riders made multiple attempts at climbs/obstacles in order to better their skills. I kept trying to keep the group moving - knowing that it can be a long day if you don't up there - but people need time to rest between some of those sections, so it's a balancing act with a larger/diverse group of riders.

I am, by no means, a super-duper rider, but occasionally, I like to push my limits a little - that's how you improve. I'd like to do another ride up there before the BBTR ride and push it up a little, try and log a few more miles just for endurance training. We ran into the BBTR guys up there laying out GPS tracks for the ride. They're talking 180-190 miles if you do all the hardways the first day. That's quite a bit for that type of terrain!

There are two campgrounds where you can fill camelbaks. I just ate a couple power-bars and some beef jerkey. I think that's what most did.

HEY!!!

Enjoy!

I brought food and water... when that ran out, I took to licking dew from the undersides of leaves in the early morning, and set up an elaborate trap to snare squirrels... I ate the meat raw, and saved the tails for hanging off the back of my bike :lol:

actually, we watered up at a campsite ot two, and as far as I could tell everybody brought their own grub... I had beef jerkey, trail mix, tiger's milk and a granola bar...

and that video was tasteless... and I have a sneaking suspicion it wasn't you (or Hammer)...

Doug, anywhere I can download all of your pics? Couple of me in there I'd like to save. Thanks!

Doug, thanks for putting that video together, good job. :D Ken

Doug, anywhere I can download all of your pics? Couple of me in there I'd like to save. Thanks!

I didn't upload them all - too many!!! I'll look through them and email the hi-res ones of you to you if you want... Let me know...

Doug, thanks for putting that video together, good job. :D Ken

No problem. I took a bunch of little clips rather than straight video. I put them together so I could watch them without having to click on each one and thought - hey this needs some music!!! Only problem is the video was shorter than the song, so I had to add some pictures to extend it. Besides - ACDC makes us look like better riders!!! :lol::lol:

I think one of the best parts of the video is right at the end where the music stops and you say "Whoops, I hit a rock."

I'm kind of disappointed how small google made the video when I posted it there...

Guest Hammerin Hammon

You guys did a great job. :D

Any HARDCORE riders :D want to pyro to the Pinnicals, ride the loop forward, then backwards. Spend the night in tents, :lol: then ride home the next day. :lol:

PM. me

I'd be up for bombing the Pinnacles sometime. I dunno about campin tho, the mesquitos got pretty ugly there at the end of the day. That wasn't fun.

this is a 6 min video from the redondo trail I have more video to post in the future, off to baja for a week :D

if anyone still interested after that there is some stuff at the waterfall and the begining 2-track and more redondo.

You guys did a great job. :good:

Any HARDCORE riders :D want to pyro to the Pinnicals, ride the loop forward, then backwards. Spend the night in tents, :D then ride home the next day. :beach:

PM. me

TENTS?. I have a home 7 miles away next to the village on the lake. I will be up there june 6-7-8 for the big bear chopper show. If you guys need a place to crash. I will be taking the harley and the ktm up there.

:D I'll take that as an invitation.

Thanks Steve.

Yes Hammer I would like to bomb the loop. But I don't plan to pyro up the 15. We'll hit it on a combo of dirt and pavement. Details to be released soon.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

:beach: I'll take that as an invitation.

Thanks Steve.

Yes Hammer I would like to bomb the loop. But I don't plan to pyro up the 15. We'll hit it on a combo of dirt and pavement. Details to be released soon.

Thats more like it. I can now be proud to be a mamber of SDAR. :D:D:good:

I just now got to see myself and hammers mx training video, I forgot we made that reel when we were young and skinny :good::D :beach: seriously though,that video came from a mx dvd called moto xxx that we own here at the casa.

I just now got to see myself and hammers mx training video, I forgot we made that reel when we were young and skinny :D:D :beach: seriously though,that video came from a mx dvd called moto xxx that we own here at the casa.

:good::D

I've had that clip for a few years now on my computer... I had forgotten all about it until I started making the "montage"... I thought some would get a kick out of it