humptythumty

2nd Annual Desert to Mountains

Anyone who was thinking of doing the “2nd Annual Desert to Mountains Ride” but didn’t missed out on a good ride. Good weather, nice pace and a tight group of 11 riders made for a fun day.

We had a local guy from Joshua Tree join us. He showed us a nice place to eat and a fun section of single track. Mike, thanks for your contribution.

A big thanks to XTSteve for taking the time to put the ride together and providing the maps in case anyone got lost or wanted to go ahead.

I’ve only got 2 pics to post. Hope some of you other guys will post some shots.

This link has nothing to do with the ride but it’s very funny especially if you have a BMW GS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukAhlxl4hmM

Wayne

post-3040-1210559694_thumb.jpg

No wonder this town is a ghost town, no women no whiskey

post-3040-1210559630_thumb.jpg

Anyone who was thinking of doing the “2nd Annual Desert to Mountains Ride” but didn’t missed out on a good ride. Good weather, nice pace and a tight group of 11 riders made for a fun day.

11 riders?......wow, good turn out! I overlayed tracks from various rides I've been on in Big Bear just to get a feel for where you guys were riding.....turns out I've ridden much of XTSteve's route but not the stretch up from Pioneer town.......hope to catch it next time......

Thanks XTSteve for posting it up and also posting your tracks before the ride........at some point, you might want to consider posting your cleaned up/retitled active track in the "GPS Stuff" forum with a link it over to this ride report......if we all get in the habit of doing that we'll have a good/central place to shop for tracks....

XTSTEVE,

I add my thanks for your posting of the tracks. Mother's Day events kept me from joining the fun but now I know where to park in Yucca V and a workable route. Good job fearless leader!

Haha hey Wayne that is an awsome video :lol: I was wondering if someone was going to post a ride report. Well it's good that you did. I like thos pictures. That camera can take some huge res pics. Anyway this was a great ride, very fun! I can't wait till next weekend for that Big Bear run with the ADVrider guys. All I know is there are going to be ALOT of riders on that one.

Hi All,

What a great ride! Eleven guys that could ride well! Thanks to Mike from Yucca Valley for showing us a great single track. Also thanks to the Ghost Riders (BMW Guys) for comic releaf and for showing us how it's done on a big bike.

Til next time!!!!!

XTSTEVE

th_bf23b8ad.jpg

th_31fa8d08.jpg

th_6356186e.jpg

th_125f3226.jpg

th_36f20615.jpg

th_1986f9de.jpg

th_21f78fa1.jpg

th_dc49df6c.jpg

th_cb2a0cd9.jpg

th_e6c17cdf.jpg

th_2f3cfa36.jpg

th_CIMG1811_edited.jpg

Here is Russ's Pics:

Group Pics!

Bigbear_1.JPG

the good old west 101 lesson

Bigbear_2.JPG

ohh my head!

Bigbear_3.JPG

the calm before the storm

Bigbear_4.JPG

getting ready..

Bigbear_7.JPG

Lets roll!

Bigbear_6.JPG

Regarding that group shot by Russ: Did I miss something in the “Upcoming Rides” Post about wearing Black?

Regarding that group shot by Russ: Did I miss something in the “Upcoming Rides” Post about wearing Black?

well there is one yellow, but you should know black is the new black.

Hi Everyone this is my first post. I ran into you guys at the intersection of 2n01 and 2n02 as I was goind to run up the mountain for lunch and am glad to have hoocked up with you and made for a great day of trail riding. Here are some of the shots from my little Cannon.

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg