Sign in to follow this  
ADV Bum

Sunrise debate

I cannot make it to the meeting. I know alot of you are opposed to this. If you are going to the meeting I wanted to give another reason why they should not do it.

If San Diego would make it mandatory to put solar panels on the roofs of all new construction, there would be no need for this power line, and would help us on the going green. We do not need to let SDGE spend all this money just so that they can raise our rates to compensate down the road, also chewing up our lands just to fullfill they need to make more money. Just like oil we need to diversify, not be dependant on one companies monopoly.

Sunrise Hwy? :lol:

Sunrise Power link. :) Not near Sunrise Hwy, YET. :blink:

If we do need a new transmission line, how about running it along the side of the freeway instead of crossing open country.

easier for construction & maintenance.

map_large.jpg

If we do need a new transmission line, how about running it along the side of the freeway instead of crossing open country.

easier for construction & maintenance.

map_large.jpg

They covered this pretty well at the pre-lobby day meeting up in Sacramento. Basically, as I understand it, they have existing lines (much smaller capacity, much smaller towers, etc) that run the mapped "preferred route". That means they don't have to deal with permits, right-of-ways, etc. Basically it's less work for them to follow the already existing routes even if it's cheaper run them in a different direction.

Pretty much all of the lobbying groups are against the "preferred routing" (funny that the enviro groups are in agreement with the OHV'ers...) but they are still pushing it due to convenience. Pretty much everyone agrees that the geo-energy is a good thing and it's pretty much going to happen - it's all about the routing of the lines.

They covered this pretty well at the pre-lobby day meeting up in Sacramento. Basically, as I understand it, they have existing lines (much smaller capacity, much smaller towers, etc) that run the mapped "preferred route". That means they don't have to deal with permits, right-of-ways, etc. Basically it's less work for them to follow the already existing routes even if it's cheaper run them in a different direction.

They started the Witch fire due to downed power lines and now they want us to help them recover some costs? :lol: B.S :blink: .......needless to say, another reason no one in my neighborhood is in favor of this is because the proposed lines would run right through my development (San Diego Country Estates)

They started the Witch FIRE due to downed power lines and now they want us to help them recover some costs? B.S.......needless to say, another reason no one in my neighborhood is in favor of this is because the proposed lines would run right through my development (San Diego Country Estates)

I was looking into this a year ago as I was looking to buy a house.

The SDCE home owners have been lobbying hard, and I believe that the lines going through the estates would be diverted underground. That would definately be better than overhead, but the installation would be hell as they dug everything up to put them in and not sure how far out of the neighborhood they'd pop back up onto towers. I was also looking in the Penesquitoes area and the damn thing goes right down that alley as well.

I like the idea of solar on new construction -- I'm actually thinking of putting some on my house. Anybody out there done this yet, if so how did you chose the system / contractor /.... and did you like the results.

If I read the map correctly (the one sent to my house), the proposed underground section through Alpine goes right through my back yard (a long way away from the house)

I think this definitely falls in the area of "not in my back yard"... well, I realize it is going to go through SOMEBODY'S back yard, so I don't care if it's mine.

solar and wind are going to be the final solution, I believe, but the best place for those, is out where we ride (you know... the places very few people can actually live) There has to be a conduit for the power to the people...

Calif. regulators have approved a $2 billion, high-voltage powerline that will run 123 miles into S.D. County. http://tinyurl.com/3kvb9l

"The California Public Utilities Commission voted 4-to-1 in San Francisco today to approve San Diego Gas & Electric Co.'s Sunrise Powerlink transmission line without conditions that it be used for renewable energy. The San Diego utility says the power line is crucial to boost its dependence on harnessing solar, wind and underground heat to generate power but has resisted binding commitments." :lol:

Not to start a big fight but we all want and need green power! no one wants new power plants in their neiborhood. the power lines did start the fires we all agree. BUT the only place to put new plants, area big enough to hold solar plants. windy enough to power windmills is the desert. im ok with the area between plaster city and the 8 its not an area that anybody really rides anyway. b ut if we put it there or any where east we will need to run lines to sd. nobody wants to pay for the new lines and no body wants them in their yard or veiw of the polluted sky.so any other sugestions or should we reelect aguiar and sue the sdge for not compying with the laws because no one will let them build what we are requiring them to build.the fires were started because the lines are out of their service life. BUT we the people as a whole will not allow them to upgrade them because we dont want them in our back yard. its like buying a house in mira mesa and complaining about the jets. buying a house in fallbrook and complaining about the marines, or buying a new condo in downtown then complaining about the trains honking their horns or planes at the airport. or buying the house next to me and complaining that the horses are mating in front of their children......

progress means change. we need figure it out before it ends up like the water and we end up in a drought.

oh wait too late ......this is going to be like the chargers a waste of space. I say lose sd sports all together and sell jack murphy to EA sports and lets use it as a motorsports park.

RANT OFF

SDGE knows how to play the game. They make it sound as if we have to have something. They are doing us a favor. I have already said that every house, building, carports should be covered in solar panels. This hopefully will be mandated. SDGE is trying to stop people from getting credit for producing power. The government is going to mandate that power companies pay people ( homeowners ) who produce excess power. How do they get around this? They change thier billing for people who have solar to time of day charges. They say this is better for those people, BUT THERE IS A CHANCE THIER BILL WILL GO UP. Ya, you think!

These companies have monopolies on utilities and are full of shite! Gas prices. Thier explanation on why gas was so high was because of supply and demand. Other countries comming on line and use going up around the world. Now gas has gone from 5.00 a gal down to 2.00 a gal. Do you think demand has dropped 60-70%. People should not feel empathy for these companies. They make shiteloads.