Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Sunday at Pine Valley 04/20/08

Wasn't so sure I was going to ride this weekend, but I was coaxed out by the lure of ice cream :( , so I showed up on time. Pleased to see a couple other Husqvarna riders show up for this event.

100_0725.jpg

100_0726.jpg

The start of another epic trail day.

100_0727.jpg

There were about eleven riders to start with. We made our way out and down Kernan. Before we reached Morena Stokes road we lost one rider to a flat tire.

Here we see a rider steaming along near the creek.

100_0731.jpg

Here is Siverson making the crossing.

100_0733.jpg

Carguy making a splash.

[100_0736.jpg

RO prepares to do the crossing in style. (sorry about the blurry shot :D )

100_0735.jpg

After making our way up the other side of Kernan, Bikeslut suggested that we could split into two groups, so half the riders followed him and half followed me. My group consisted of XTSteve, Siverson, Todd M and....uh, the guy on the two-stroke KTM. (It sucks getting old and not being able to remember everything....and I've ridden with him before, too!) (okay, it's Jerry) We went on our merry way and did a bunch of interior trails around Corral Canyon, including Campground connector, Bronco Flats connector, where we lost Siverson on a black diamond downhill. He was okay, but had no clutch lever after standing his Honda on it's head. After that, we did trail #4 and Wrangler and the lower east side (the easy side) of Bronco Peak trail.

Here we are up on the rocks enjoying the view.(okay, our bikes are enjoying the view) :D

100_0740.jpg

Behind me is Lake Morena.

100_0739.jpg

The lake has seen better (fuller) days.

100_0737.jpg

Jerry and XTSteve contemplating the tricky rock.

100_0741.jpg

Here's the only bike that made it up without stalling. Jerry and his KTM 300. Yeah, a two-stroke. :D

100_0743.jpg

After we made our way back across the freshly manicured Kernan stretch and back to Pine Valley, we all went for soft freeze ice cream. :angry: The other group was already long gone.

100_0745.jpg

100_0747.jpg

My poor old TE didn't escape without getting both front turn signals ripped off during the course of the day :(

100_0750.jpg

It was another great ride with a fun bunch of riders. There were plenty of familiar faces (Carguy and Ride Orange, the Slutty One himself) as well as new ones. XTSteve, real good to see and ride with you again. Thanks for the ice cream. Todd, it was great meeting you and thanks for the gasoline and the company out on the trail. Whatshisname, I'm sorry I can't remember your name, but it was lots of fun to see you again. I'll write your name on the palm of my hand with a ball point pen next time we ride! :blink::huh: And Siverson, sorry you had a spot of trouble there. Hope all is well and you made it home safely. Bring a lever with you, next time out. Maybe the other group will post their half of the ride soon.

I already put fresh turnsignals on the bike as soon as I got home. :D

Oh come on! :angry: I saw a lot of other cameras out clicking away. Certainly the "B team" must have something to post about. :D

> And Siverson, sorry you had a spot of trouble there. Hope all is well and you made it home safely. Bring a lever with you, next time out. Maybe the other group will post their half of the ride soon.

Yup - already ordered (2 - one new, one replacement!).

-Steve

My camera was clicking away, but somehow, I got very few shots... (I was the B team squad leader)

I'll post the pics soon.

So; we started out with 12... I ran point and carguy ran sweep (Thanks John)... Somewhere along the line I passed a guy on a crfx... when I came up to a notoriously overcooked corner on Bear Valley, i stopped to take a few pics...

and everybody blew right by me... the had latched on to the crf, and weren't going to let go.

My group (orangblood, R-O, esefa, and um...ummm... damn; I hate it when Mimi gets old, cuz I can't remember stuff either... the guy in the blue jacket on the DR650) did trail #1, for some small jumps down to Corral... Spur Meadow out and back, then DR650 dude decided he needed to head home.

So- now we had 4... I took turns letting esefa lead, and Rob and I swapped sweep a couple of times... Orangeblood (Brian) did great for the little time he has spent on a bike lately... esefa (Brent) kept up a very good pace the whole day (thanks for running point...) and Rob was his usual self.... except he didn't fall :angry: ...

All in all a good day...good pace (I hope I kept up my end) and no crashes/head-ons...

apparently my lurker friend showed up a couple minutes after we left, so he probably felt like I left him hangin'... sorry Gene

I'll post pics soon

> And Siverson, sorry you had a spot of trouble there. Hope all is well and you made it home safely. Bring a lever with you, next time out. Maybe the other group will post their half of the ride soon.

-Steve

You may want to also consider ordering some Cycra Pro bend Hand Guards if your levers are currently exposed....

pics-

The first one is crfx- Not in our group, but maybe he lurks and will appreciate the photo... If anybody is interested, I apparently also took two pictures of the gravle lot, one close up of my finger, and a shot of the sky... pm me if you'd like to see those

post-122-1208793670_thumb.jpg post-122-1208793711_thumb.jpg post-122-1208793728_thumb.jpg

Pommel horse mount crfx

post-122-1208793745_thumb.jpg post-122-1208793765_thumb.jpg post-122-1208793787_thumb.jpg

One of our orange friends Mimi at the lot

-Steve

You may want to also consider ordering some Cycra Pro bend Hand Guards if your levers are currently exposed....

The "B" team has an extra clutch lever AND perch... :angry:

Hey there! B team dude in the blue jacket on the dr650 checking in, sorry I bailed early but I was worn out and knew if I pushed it more a wreck would be eminent! I did have a great time riding with the “squad” and will be coming out again some time soon, for more fun, practice and pointers!

Hey there! B team dude in the blue jacket on the dr650 checking in, sorry I bailed early but I was worn out and knew if I pushed it more a wreck would be eminent! I did have a great time riding with the “squad” and will be coming out again some time soon, for more fun, practice and pointers!

It was nice to ride with you... I worry about leaving somebody alone to "get home" by themselves, but understood where you were coming from... and crashing kinda sucks :angry:

We'll ride again!

Great to meet and ride with you all! Thanks Bikeslut for making this one happen, all in all it was a very fun day. The weather was PERFECT!

I brought my camera, but ony managed to get 2 shots, I guess im a lazy picture guy:

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

I really like those utility vests some of you had, you could just throw a camera into one of the front pockets for quick easy access, those things are definitely on my list.

Blah, blah, blah :angry: ... So- now we had 4... I took turns letting esefa lead, and Rob and I swapped sweep a couple of times... Orangeblood (Brian) did great for the little time he has spent on a bike lately... esefa (Brent) kept up a very good pace the whole day (thanks for running point...) and Rob was his usual self.... except he didn't fall :( ...

After 5 months of trying to rehab this shoulder to riding condition, there was no way I was going to push the envelope :D

'slut was a great leader and put up a great post for us to join-in on (he really is a good guy once you get past that crusty, and quite smart-alecy, outer shell of his... don't worry 'slut, your secret's safe with me... OOPS! Did I just type that out loud?). Esefa (what the HELL does that mean anyway?? :( ) rode excellent point for the majority of the morning - taking the "head-on" risk for our little band of brothers. It's easy to see how he and Terrible619 have been lifelong pals. A couple of really cool cats there... 'BLOOD did all of the crashing for me on this ride and I was soooo thankful for that fact that I restrained myself from taking any pics of him picking his bike up from the trailside, ergo, it didn't REALLY happen :blink:

Happy to have met Tthe Terror too. No need to apologize for holding me up when I was riding sweep :huh: because you didn't! I can only imagine how tough it would be to keep up wiith you if you were on a lighter bike - good job!

Excellent ride, perfect weather, great riding buddies... Looking forward to the next one :D

I really like those utility vests some of you had, you could just throw a camera into one of the front pockets for quick easy access, those things are definitely on my list.

Odio Flight Vest: (Sorry for the shitty pic quality, it was a cell phone camera)

Best price I have found online, is HERE - $85.99

PIC-0133-2.jpg

PIC-0134-2.jpg

Esefa (what the HELL does that mean anyway?? :unsure: )

Its just a name! I dont even remember where it came from to tell you the truth, But, you remembered it, right? Therefor it did its job, see?

[ (Sorry for the shitty pic quality, it was a cell phone camera)

Best price I have found online, is HERE - $85.99

Thanks for the link Strega, however, I talk the talk about those vests, but I cant walk the walk right now and buy one - Ill be on unemployment for a few months and just cant justify buying one right now. :beach: