Jump to content
amgems

Static

Recommended Posts

Since many of us already have a large number of channels programmed into our radios a generic file may not work well as it will overwrite everything currently in the radio. We may be able to create a file that can be imported into Chirp that will append the new entries rather than overwrite the existing ones. Basically download the current programming in the radio into Chirp. Then append the new entries and upload the modified file back to the radio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, PbdBlue said:

Since many of us already have a large number of channels programmed into our radios 

Many?

Like how many? B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking a very simple 2 channel program for non licensed. One with PL tone, one without. The licensed operators could prolly do their own. Not sure if we want to program non licensed with repeater access. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, amgems said:

I'm thinking a very simple 2 channel program for non licensed. One with PL tone, one without. The licensed operators could prolly do their own. Not sure if we want to program non licensed with repeater access. 

I understand- and- repeaters are available without license for emergencies- I'd rather have a non-licensed guy trying every repeater when I'm lying there twitching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, for the non radio type guys, maybe 2 simplex on 146.505. One with pl tone, one without. And a few repeaters, Laguna, palomar mt, superstition, monument peak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulmbowers said:

Many?

Like how many? B)

Ok me. I dunno. 20 or  30’ish. Actually I just need the pl tone which sounds like it will be 100.0. Gotta name we’re going to label this new channel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, amgems said:

 I just wish I could remember the code to the bathroom in the mall in Borrego Springs.

I know I'm a little late but.........it's 2531 :heh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, amgems said:

"So, for the non radio type guys..."

Huh-Humm...uhhhhh, like me! :crying_anim02:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still working this. But the laptop is acting up. New one on order. I'm thinking something like this: Ch 1 - SDAR (146.505 no PL tone) Ch 2 - SDART (146.505 with PL tone) Ch 3 - RSUP (Superstition repeater) Ch 4 - RLAG (Laguna repeater)....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, amgems said:

I'm still working this. But the laptop is acting up. New one on order. I'm thinking something like this: Ch 1 - SDAR (146.505 no PL tone) Ch 2 - SDART (146.505 with PL tone) Ch 3 - RSUP (Superstition repeater) Ch 4 - RLAG (Laguna repeater)....

Dress4less and I will be over with a 12pack and our radios once you get it all sorted :huh::coolio::drinks:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crawdaddy said:

Dress4less and I will be over with a 12pack and our radios once you get it all sorted :huh::coolio::drinks:

Works for me...."beta" testing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amgems said:

Works for me...."beta" testing.

Crawdaddy and I are getting thirsty...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For this meeting of the SDAR Radio Standards Committee 😉:

Just to get started on the repeater list, I'm thinking we keep it simple, and refine this based on testing and input from users. Here is my preliminary list of repeaters. Please let me know if I need to add or delete. Have you used any of these? Any experience with these? I know that the Mount Woodson repeater is somewhat active, Palomar not so much, but has a wide area of coverage.

 

146.670 - N6LVR Superstition Mtn. O 103.5 East County Repeater Assn.
146.730 - W6NWG Palomar Mtn. O 107.2 Palomar ARC
147.150 + WB6WLV Mt. Laguna O 107.2 SANDRA
147.240 + KA6DAC Monument Peak O 103.5 East County Repeater Assn.
145.180 - K6KTA Mt. Woodson O 107.2 Cactus Open Repeater Assn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d definitely add the repeaters on Otay, and anything near Death Valley/Kennedy Meadows. 

Yuma?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's what I've got. Was able to add Otay. Was not sure of locations for DV KM or Yuma. This should be good for a first test. We can some more later. Hopefully we can test Wednesday. At least the PL tone on 146.505. I'll bring my BF-A58 and my UV-5R. They are both programmed. Someone with the Kenwood connector can use my UV-5R and we can try using the PL tone.

Also maybe test if the 5 watt radios will have enough beans to even hit any of the repeaters from out in the middle of the desert. If not, I will have a valid excuse for purchasing the 8 watt Baofeng. For SAFETY !

I tried testing on the Mount Woodson repeater but could not hit it with enough juice. On the other radio I did hear a transmission (more static!) but no audio. I think one other guy was on the air monitoring but he probably couldn't hear the audio either.

The .img file is attached

image.thumb.png.a9e6e925bdf359de1e084c69f27b9daf.png

Ch 1 SDAR no tone

Ch 2 SDAR with PL tone

Ch 3 Superstition Repeater

Ch 4 Laguna Repeater

Ch 5 Monument Peak Repeater

Ch 6 Palomar Mtn Repeater

Ch 7 Otay Mtn Repeater

Ch 8 Mt Woodson Repeater

Ch 9 National Simplex Calling Frequency

Ch 20 San Diego Natl Weather Service

Baofeng_UV-5R_jm_4_1_19.img

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, I can't ride Wednesday, you'll need to shuffle along without me. Somehow.

You'll have no trouble hitting repeaters in the desert- Superstition and Laguna should be reasonable. If I can get it together to load the channels maybe we can try to chat via Laguna at a predetermined time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

147.240 is on Monument Peak (Laguna) and is part of the Calzona link. Most importantly it is linked to Black Mtn (147.120) on the east side of Glamis. With the link you'll have coverage from San Diego all the way to the river and southwestern AZ (actually all the way to Phoenix). I would add both of these to the list. You could drop 147.150 if you need to save space as it basically has the same coverage as 147.240 without the link.

http://ecra-sd.com/our-repeaters/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PbdBlue said:

147.240 is on Monument Peak (Laguna) and is part of the Calzona link. Most importantly it is linked to Black Mtn (147.120) on the east side of Glamis. With the link you'll have coverage from San Diego all the way to the river and southwestern AZ (actually all the way to Phoenix). I would add both of these to the list. You could drop 147.150 if you need to save space as it basically has the same coverage as 147.240 without the link.

http://ecra-sd.com/our-repeaters/

 

Thanks Randy, Good stuff. I'll leave 147.150 in. Will try to remember that 147.240 Monument has the link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, paulmbowers said:

Sadly, I can't ride Wednesday, you'll need to shuffle along without me. Somehow.

You'll have no trouble hitting repeaters in the desert- Superstition and Laguna should be reasonable. If I can get it together to load the channels maybe we can try to chat via Laguna at a predetermined time.

Lets shoot for 1000 hrs. On the Monument repeater 147.240

As a backup, if it doesn't work we can try Laguna repeater 147.150

This is all dependent on Bagstr allowing the usual blistering pace to pause for a few moments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, amgems said:

Attached

I'll also send you a PM with same attachment

Baofeng_UV-5R_jm_4_1_19.img

I don't think the attachment is working. Looks like the site is blocking it. Try changing the file extension to txt instead of img. Then when the user downloads it  rename the extension back to img. Don't know if the site will allow but worth a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×