surfcity

Is anybody interested in a ride to Mexico

I have heard alot about Mikes Sky Rancho in Baja. Has anybody Been there? It sounds like a fun trip. If anyone is interested in going or has any info on the ride there Email me......John

Mikes is a strange place, you can find pictures and reports on the adv rider, riders reports .i dont like ride to mikes sky ranch by the prices.

I'd be interested in a trip into Mex. I think I'd want to do it toward the end of the season. But I've been known to cave under pressure.Jon

Yeah, I've never been to Mike's or San Felipe, and there's another good ride down to San Quintin. Let's plan one sometime this fall. My friends know the way !!

I'd be up for a trip to Mike's in the Fall also. I've been there once and it was a blast! It looks like the 3rd weekend of November works best for me (due to D38 race schedule). I'll keep my e-eyes peeled here as we get closer to cooler weather...

Im interested. But the 3rd week in November is mighty close to the LA-B-V ride!

Mike's is a unique oasis in the middle of a barren Baja. Depending on how long the trip is & how far South you go after Mike's, November can be a bit cool and the evenings short. Considering DST and a month later, early Oct sunsets for the West coast are at 6:30, early Nov sunsets are at 5.

Here are photos of my latest Baja trip, including Copper Canyon on the mainland.

Thumbnails:

http://www.sundaysocialclub.com/gallery/th...lbum=101&page=1

Auto-run slide show: (use F11 to toggle full screen viewing)

http://www.sundaysocialclub.com/gallery/di...&slideshow=5000

Brett

I have been there about 10 times. There is not much there. It is in the middle of nowhere. There is a bar which is quite scenic. A pool which I have been told is clean now. And of course rooms. Nothing fancy here. The power shut is generator and shuts off at 10pm. No TV either. There is several ways to get there. The ride is fun and worth the trip. There is a trail that leads from Mikes to the observatory 10000 ft elevation. I call the trail, Trail of Tears. Why, because I have seen grown men almost in tears trying to make it to the top. It has been about 5 years since I have been up it. I have herd the trail has been graded or made easier somehow. Don’t know if it is true or not. I would recommend it, the view is awesome. Make sure you fuel up in Valley de Trinidad before heading up to Mike’s. Also there is a great hamburger joint in Valley T. Overall, there is a lot to see and it’s a great ride. I would recommend leaving from Ranch Santa Veronica just south east of Tecate. Your vehicles are safe there. Oh yeah, I would be interested in going on the ride.

Email: todd33@cox.net

Yeah that trip is a blast and I plan to do it again soon. But, due to race scheule and various other plans I don't think I'll be heading back down until the March-April time frame. You guys have fun and for those that can't go this time or want to go again I'll get another group ride together for then. :D

Guest stevensyanora

Im in. but why wait until november ...whats wrong with oct,.. how long will we the trip take 3 days? .sounds great lets go!!!!! Steve :D

I’m very interested, I have never been to Mike’s but it sounds like a great reason to get out and ride. San Filpe is also a unique place to visit, it is one of my favorite getaways. Lets try to pick a date that can accommodate everyone, my schedule is pretty flexible.

Jordan

Guest malamute

Hi, I have done the Tacate to Mike's Sky Ranch a few times but this time I want to camp in the aera near Mike's for 2 or 3 days and do rides from camp. I can go any day of the week,anybody interested? call Michael @619 850 2742 I also think it should be asap the daytime temps. are perfect RIGHT NOW.