Ok folks, it's that time again. Time for SDAR to maintain OUR trail!

It is looking like 19 and, or 20 April for a maintenance day(s). Lets do it before it gets too HOT!

The plan is again minor brush clearing and litter pickup on the trail.

Meet at Morena Stokes Valley where Kernan crosses.

The more that show, the faster we get done. :declare:

Chuck wagon support is appreciated too, feed the troops!

Lets make this the biggest turnout yet!

Lets chime in!

Working on this trail really makes a difference you can see!

Ride down Spur Meadow and you'll note all the trash about. Not on Kernan. Once a trail is clean it tends to stay clean.

It's a good trail to ride and I'm proud to see our name on it.

You can count on me being there to help out. The 19th would be ideal for me. I'll probably just camp for the night at the campground at Corral afterwards.

I'll bring the 4Runner with the trailer and I'll make a COSTCO run for Burgers, Hot links, some barnyard pimp and two coolers with beverages <_<

I notified Ranger Richard that we would be there Saturday. Meet at 8:30 AM?

I had some time while waiting for my buddies so I cut some of the more irritating stuff outa the way. The top half of the trail needs attention especially on the insides of the turns. The MOTO factor is proportional to your sight lines and I MOTO on that trail. Hope to see you on maintenance day.

I'll be working that weekend but if I happen to be in town, I'll be there.

I'll even camp with Mescalero so when his bike acts up I can kick it for him so he doesn't hurl again. <_<

I'm in....are you still meeting at 0830 on Morena Stokes Rd?....I will bring pruners...I have a chain saw and tree saw...what else?....carl

I'm in....are you still meeting at 0830 on Morena Stokes Rd?....I will bring pruners...I have a chain saw and tree saw...what else?....carl

last time I brought a tree saw/pruners, you know the long ones on a pole. It was a waste. A hand saw and heavy duty pruners or loping shears are the way to go. Camelback is nice, gets hot up there. Look forward to seeing you there, <_< Ken

last time I brought a tree saw/pruners, you know the long ones on a pole. It was a waste. A hand saw and heavy duty pruners or loping shears are the way to go. Camelback is nice, gets hot up there. Look forward to seeing you there, <_< Ken

Ken...thanks for the heads up...see you there...carl

I'm a 90% yes...

Anyone bringing their bikes for an after workday ride? :rolleyes:

Perhaps someone can verify this, but I think we still need Volunteer agreements with the forrest service to work on the trail. You can download one here;

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1221

I will try to remember to bring a couple of extras, but they are easier to fill out online, and then print.

If you are going to attend the trail maint. day please fill one of these out and bring it with you. Thanks, ;) Ken

I'm a 90% yes...

Anyone bringing their bikes for an after workday ride? :unsure:

I can't (shouldn't) be riding yet. I will give my leg at least another week to heal(probably should give it another month, but I am not that smart) before I ride again. See you Sat. morning. :blink: Ken

So is Saturday going to be the day?

This Saturday 8:30 am. See you there. Are you bringing your 450? Did you get the new elbow installed on the fuel pump? :unsure: Ken

See you all at 8:30am Saturday.....I may be riding my 950 out there, so riding afterwards also. Either way, I'll have a bike out there.

Where's Carguy ?? This is his operation :unsure:

Perhaps someone can verify this, but I think we still need Volunteer agreements with the forrest service to work on the trail. You can download one here;

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1221

I will try to remember to bring a couple of extras, but they are easier to fill out online, and then print.

If you are going to attend the trail maint. day please fill one of these out and bring it with you. Thanks, :unsure: Ken

And don't forget your Adventure Passes. I have one spare for someone. :blink: Ken

See you all at 8:30am Saturday.....I may be riding my 950 out there, so riding afterwards also. Either way, I'll have a bike out there.

Where's Carguy ?? This is his operation :unsure:

I have helpers. Thanks Ken! :blink:

Hopefully we'll have enough folks to divide into at least three groups. The trail is 2.44 miles, but of course the last stretch at the bottom has no vegetation.

Just a reminder...

1. It's not even hedge trimming... you should follow the offending branch back to the source and prune it at least 1/2" from the joint.

2. Stash the "cut end" of the branch away from the trail, for safety, and the appearance is more natural looking.

3. It's just what I remembered from last time. Ignore these instructions if the Ranger tells you something different!! :unsure:

Ranger Richard likes the way we maintain our trail. He just wants us to adopt more.

The trimming is for safety. Site clearance and passing. Were trying to reduce head on's. We will have a safety brief before our work pointing our trimming directions.